EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

"EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT"
By Tamer Ezzat

EGYPTIAN DOCUMENTARY SHOWING AT AUC:

American University in Cairo
7pm @ Jameel Center Auditorium
FREE admission
Discussion following the film
June 29th, 2004

Everything is Gonna Be Alright!!
(Documentary - 80 min.)
A Film By: Tamer Ezzat

Synopsis of the film:

After his original project is disrupted on September 11th, a
filmmaker turns his camera on himself and fellow Egyptians in New
York City. Filmed during the filmmaker's trip in New York from
September 11th and onward, this film captures the views of four of
his Egyptian friends who live in New York. They discuss the
influence of September 11th and its aftermath on their personal
lives. They also express their views regarding the role of the media
in shaping a negative public opinion about Arabs. All the characters
in the film have a link with media one way or another.

Dalia Bassiouny: She freelances as a news announcer in a local
channel dedicated for Arabs in NYC, while preparing her Ph. D. in
theatre studies.

Hossam Fahr: He is a writer/interpreter who has resided in NYC for
20 years. He receives a bombshell from his 9 year old son, Youssef,
who though of changing his name and religion. This was due to the
anti Arab and Muslim views that bombarded TV viewers following the
September 11th attacks.

Ossama Abdelaziz: He is a news producer at Fox News, who is living a
conflict between his Arab identity and his employer's stand on Arab
issues.

Khaled Fahmy: He is a modern history professor at New York
University. He is interviewed at a TV station about Middle Eastern
issues and the affects of September 11th. He is surprised when the
interview airs and he finds important parts of his interview edited
out, especially those parts about the objectivity of western media.

This film documents life in the streets of New York after the
September 11th events. It presents a simple analysis of deep issues,
such as racism, freedom of speech, anti-Semitism, the Palestinian-
Israeli conflict, as well as, the position of Arabs in the US now
and in the future.

Please pass along to any interested people...thanks!

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sciencesailor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Dynasours at Maspiro
Would you please read the above post and think of presenting something serious to the Egyptian public for a change?
Since I got the digital Sattelite receiver I rarely stop at any of our Egyptian TV channels, most of them worship the Drama and Singing, and whoever participated in performing both.
Plus avoiding to waste my time in watching live trivial conversations with the audiance, I avoid watching my favorite sport games, soccer, they at our Egy TV channels never have standards of quality in the way they "direct" the viewing of a given match, each match has a different style, even in the same day but by two different "directors" you will watch different styles, and rarely a goodone!
What makes me furious of the backward taste, is when the TV announcer/commentator "thanks" the director for the "style" he/she is using in viewing the game! As if it is not his/her job! and usually ignoring the replay when needed, focusing on certain people in the audience at the stadium and no body knows why he/she all the time get back to these same people! The "director" friends or relatives I am told!
To avoid these intimidating drawbacks, I stop at a european channel, and sorry to say it: yes, the arabian gulf channels have quality standards in viewing their soccer games, watch their briefing programs where I watch shots of their scoring goals and get satisfied.
When the "change" for the better and also "quality standards" enter the caves of Maspiro building? When our Dynasours wake up?
Hope they do.
Salam
ScienceSailor

Posts: 182 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sciencesailor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Maspiro Dynasours
Would you please buy the rights for viewing the "9/11 Fahrenheit" by Michael Moore, to let us know the otherside of the story of Iraq occupation war?
If you do not have the money, ask for donations from the Egyptian public.
ScienceSailor

Posts: 182 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who exactly runs and controlls Egyptian television? I hear just about every station is owned by Saudis.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
The Egyptian Government, Ministry of Information,
The name of our Info Minister is Safwat El Sherief. One of the oldest (in membership and may be in age as well)in the Egyption Ministers Cabinet/Council.
I think he is a man of excellent managerial skills, but I doubt if he could be theoretician or a man of vision to lead what repeatedly used phrase in the Egyptian press even the government owned ones: the Dynasours of Maspiro (Maspiro is the french Egyptologist, the street at which the TV Building has this name)
The Saudis have the ART sattelite channels, based in cairo, I think.
ScienceSailor

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

"EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT"
By Tamer Ezzat

EGYPTIAN DOCUMENTARY SHOWING AT AUC:

American University in Cairo
7pm @ Jameel Center Auditorium
FREE admission
Discussion following the film
June 29th, 2004

Everything is Gonna Be Alright!!
(Documentary - 80 min.)
A Film By: Tamer Ezzat

Synopsis of the film:

After his original project is disrupted on September 11th, a
filmmaker turns his camera on himself and fellow Egyptians in New
York City. Filmed during the filmmaker's trip in New York from
September 11th and onward, this film captures the views of four of
his Egyptian friends who live in New York. They discuss the
influence of September 11th and its aftermath on their personal
lives. They also express their views regarding the role of the media
in shaping a negative public opinion about Arabs. All the characters
in the film have a link with media one way or another.

Please pass along to any interested people...thanks!

Ausar,

DO you have the email address of Tamer Ezzat or do you know where I could get/buy a copy of his movie. I have heard about it and I would like very much to watch it. I will be in New York soon, so if there is any chance I can get it from there, please let me know.

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moody,I have no idea if the film is available on VHS or DVD. I just got this infromation off a Egyptian yahoo groups and decided I would pass it along to the good people at Egypt Search. If you have time then you can probabaly watch it at the American University of Cairo where it's being presented. I am not sure if the director has an email adress,so I can't help you there.

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Moody,I have no idea if the film is available on VHS or DVD. I just got this infromation off a Egyptian yahoo groups and decided I would pass it along to the good people at Egypt Search. If you have time then you can probabaly watch it at the American University of Cairo where it's being presented. I am not sure if the director has an email adress,so I can't help you there.

Thanks Ausar for your reply, unfortunately I will not be able to see it at the AUC, as I do not live in Egypt , but I will try to look for the director email. So I can see if there is a way to purchase copy of the documentary.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Mooly El Din (edited 15 June 2004).]

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, anyone in the mood to actually GO! If so tell me.
Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dajjal supreme
Member # 4381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dajjal supreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sciencesailor:

To avoid these intimidating drawbacks, I stop at a european channel, and sorry to say it: yes, the arabian gulf channels have quality standards in viewing their soccer games, watch their briefing programs where I watch shots of their scoring goals and get satisfied.

quote:

Who exactly runs and controlls Egyptian television? I hear just about every station is owned by Saudis.

Do Egyptian blame all their short comings on Gulf countries? Is it truly that hard to digest the fact that our standards of living are light years ahead of yours? Whenever a Gulf Arab country accomplishes something that outdoes Egypt there is always some conspiracy involved. Some fuckers even claim the Saudis bribed Egpytian officials (very plaudible though) the last time they whipped Egypt's ass 5-0 in soccer!
I bet Egpytian papers claim all the rapes, murders, drug abuse, investment scams etc are all done by gulf arabs undercover. Heck I can even place a larger bet that your history books claim Egypt lost the war of '67 cuz the Gulf arabs sided with Israel.

Posts: 170 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com