EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How to SMS From USA to Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to SMS From USA to Egypt?
Osiris1975
Member # 4525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osiris1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I am an egyptian living in america. I received an SMS from a friend in Egypt, and I really want to respond to her with an SMS, but I don't know what format to use to get the message to send properly. Can some one tell me the correct format. Do I use 20-012-XXXXXXX, or is it 2012-XXXXXXX? Any help would be appreciated!

Posts: 3 | From: Cambridge, MA, USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
STRUGGLER
Member # 3169

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for STRUGGLER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Osiris1975:
Hello,
I am an egyptian living in america. I received an SMS from a friend in Egypt, and I really want to respond to her with an SMS, but I don't know what format to use to get the message to send properly. Can some one tell me the correct format. Do I use 20-012-XXXXXXX, or is it 2012-XXXXXXX? Any help would be appreciated!

Believe all u have to do is :
+2012XXXX
That's the way it goes.
Have a good one!

Posts: 9 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris1975
Member # 4525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osiris1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I dont mean to sound stupid...but what does the + sign mean? Am I supposed to dial something else?

Posts: 3 | From: Cambridge, MA, USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the number is 2 (country) 012 (for mobiles)...so 2012XXXX for landline, it would be 202XXX. the + means whatever you dial to get an international line from the country you're in.

for example, in europe, you dial 00... so europe to egypt is 002012XXX.

in US, you dial 1 i believe. if you don't get through, dial 00 for the international operator, and ask how to dial an egyptian number - they will tell you the exactly and then when they ask if you'd like them to dial it for you, just say no thanks.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
the number is 2 (country) 012 (for mobiles)...so 2012XXXX for landline, it would be 202XXX. the + means whatever you dial to get an international line from the country you're in.

for example, in europe, you dial 00... so europe to egypt is 002012XXX.

in US, you dial 1 i believe. if you don't get through, dial 00 for the international operator, and ask how to dial an egyptian number - they will tell you the exactly and then when they ask if you'd like them to dial it for you, just say no thanks.

+2010+++++++

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris1975
Member # 4525

Rate Member
Ok, I know when I called her from my landline phone to her cell phone yesterday, I dialled 011-2012-XXXXXXX. Do I do the same exact thing to send an SMS from my cell phone to her cell phone?
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yes the same

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everybody,
how would send an sms message from china to egypt...... any ideas...

thanks,
brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for elkadi80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys,
the sign + means that the number follow the sign in the International format as "00" from land line.
so ur format suppose to be +2012*******.
20 is the country code.
12 is the network code.

thats the same for any other network or country.

Regards

quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
hi everybody,
how would send an sms message from china to egypt...... any ideas...

thanks,
brian

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com