EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Where did that nice thread go?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where did that nice thread go?
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was this great thread about why us foreigners are here and it has gone. Where did it go?

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It turned to be such a headache to us and the moderator kindly ate it
Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone just emailed me saying what I wrote moved her to tears and I didn't keep a copy. It started off so nice what one earth went wrong with it?

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It got highjacked by Aliens with a grudge
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar, you can blame Dajjal for that...and his animosity towards Egyptians...

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Someone just emailed me saying what I wrote moved her to tears and I didn't keep a copy. It started off so nice what one earth went wrong with it?

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
So why didn't the moderators remove the offending post rather than the whole thread. Seems a shame

------------------

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys notice they also ate Sheif's thread?

[This message has been edited by Troubles101 (edited 17 June 2004).]

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check same thread on Visiting Egypt
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/001150.html

quote:
So why didn't the moderators remove the offending post rather than the whole thread. Seems a shame

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 17 June 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dajjal supreme
Member # 4381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dajjal supreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NOxReducer:
Akshar, you can blame Dajjal for that...and his animosity towards Egyptians...

Go to hell NOx, The moderators don't seem to see anything wrong with animosity directed at non-egyptians in past, it ain't my fault they work with double standards.

Posts: 170 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dajjal supreme
Member # 4381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dajjal supreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
farhana is the idiot who screams "moderator!!!!" afer every post she finds objectionable.
Posts: 170 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, sure is

Apologies folks for not being able to continue with the post, however, it really was not suitable reading material.
A fellow ES member was being slandered and the type of language that was being used was not suitable - as mentioned before, my 14 year old sister enjoys learning about her heritage on here. Hate her having to be subjugated to such filth.

Peace.

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I can't understand Dajjal is when you say people tread on you all the time. I mean you've been on ES for some time now and most of the time people just talked to you! I mean remember that religion thingy thread, I think we had a reasonable discussion there. So why do you feel ES has it in for you? Sometimes you say reasonable stuff and people talk to you, and then some other times you spout turds and I don't know what you expect in return.
Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
Yup, sure is

Apologies folks for not being able to continue with the post, however, it really was not suitable reading material.
A fellow ES member was being slandered and the type of language that was being used was not suitable - as mentioned before, my 14 year old sister enjoys learning about her heritage on here. Hate her having to be subjugated to such filth.

Peace.

How DARE you call my post "not suitable reading material"!!!!

I've been posting a perfectly decent reply and then it gets deleted

Shame on you!

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yup, sure is

Peace.

farhana rocks.....

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lori,

Hello Lori
I am the innocent party my friend. I will explain (yet again) that my younger sister was sitting at my PC with me (she loves reading on this forum - would you believe she actually has a notepad and pen with which she makes notes of new vocabulary, places, names etc..) as i was scrolling down the posts i came across some inappropriate nasty language and kindly asked that it be removed as well as well as the slandering of an ES member that i did not find in the least appropriate!
So Lori, shoot me if i'm in the wrong but i had the best of intentions. Also, there is 'no shame on me'. I have a very clear conscience about what i asked to be done, it is morally correct in any way of life.
I'm sure my friend, if it had been you being slandered or your sexuality being questioned, i would be there asking the moderators to do the same

Have a very pleasant evening Lori

Salam

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Lori,

Hello Lori
I am the innocent party my friend. I will explain (yet again) that my younger sister was sitting at my PC with me (she loves reading on this forum - would you believe she actually has a notepad and pen with which she makes notes of new vocabulary, places, names etc..) as i was scrolling down the posts i came across some inappropriate nasty language and kindly asked that it be removed as well as well as the slandering of an ES member that i did not find in the least appropriate!
So Lori, shoot me if i'm in the wrong but i had the best of intentions. Also, there is 'no shame on me'. I have a very clear conscience about what i asked to be done, it is morally correct in any way of life.
I'm sure my friend, if it had been you being slandered or your sexuality being questioned, i would be there asking the moderators to do the same

Have a very pleasant evening Lori

Salam

But why did the whole thread have to be removed, why not the offending post/posts. It seems that a thread portraying Egypt positively got hit on the head.

------------------

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Start a new one Akshar. Of all of us who live there, you have the most positive reaction to Egypt.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think it was the only one. that foul one (in polish) about "do you know him" seems to have been deleted too (unless i'm blind) - in fact, even the ones that didn't have responses in the other forums seem to be removed too.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
quote:
But why did the whole thread have to be removed, why not the offending post/posts. It seems that a thread portraying Egypt positively got hit on the head.

That's a question for the moderators. I asked that the obscene language be removed.

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Ok I tke your challenge

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com