EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » why do arabs hate arabs and muslims hate other muslims?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why do arabs hate arabs and muslims hate other muslims?
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody,
Recently on ES i have noticed there is alot of hatred of arabs hating other arabs and other muslims hating other muslims.... i am going to convert to islam.... but isn't islam all about being tolerant of other peoples even other muslims even thought they may interrupt islam another way....

i am very confused.....

why can't we be torleant of each other.....

hoping for some views,
brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dajjal supreme
Member # 4381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dajjal supreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the last time muslims really loved one another was when the Prophet was around and urged muslims to unite. Yet after his demise I believe nationalism started to over-shadow religion. Some may claim that this hatred all began when the oil fields started making the gulf nations wealthier, but that is simply not true. Even during the time of the 'Islamic renaissance' the Turks were not to fond of the Iranians, the Arabs not to found of non-arab speaking muslims etc. Heck less than 100 years ago the poorest Arabs were the Gulf Arabs and they were despised because of their primitive bedou lifestyle and illiteracy except for memorising the Qu'ran. Only now the tables have flipped and the hatred has still not vanished but merely reappeared in a different form.
You also get the several sects of Islam like Wahhabism, Sufism, Shia etc. And you find that each one of those groups are not very accepting of the other, especially the Wahhabi's who make up Saudi Arabia and believe in the puritan for Islam brought by Mohammed Al-Wahhab (I believe thats his name) back in the 19th century.
Muslims usually would say this disunity is one of the signs of the day of judgement. I believe it has always existed and will continue to exist to god knows when.

Posts: 170 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting points made above. I would not say that Sufism is a sect though, maybe orientalism. Sufism or 'tassawuf' is purely ways in which one can cleanse his heart and thus perfect his religion. In Egypt, I have come across 'would be Sufi's' usually orientalists who don't have a clue. Is quite frightening actually..

and i leave you with the words of Imam Malik (may Allah be well pleased with him):
man tassawaffa wa lam yatafaqah faqad tazandaqa wa man tafaqaha wa lam yatsawwaf faqad fasadat, wa man tafaqaha wa tassawafa faqad tahaqqaq." - "whoever studied tasawwuf without fiqh is a heretic and whoever studied fiqh without tasawwuf is corrupted; and whoever studied tasawwuf and fiqh will find the Truth and Reality of Islam."

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi everybody,
Recently on ES i have noticed there is alot of hatred of arabs hating other arabs and other muslims hating other muslims.... i am going to convert to islam.... but isn't islam all about being tolerant of other peoples even other muslims even thought they may interrupt islam another way....

i am very confused.....

hoping for some views,
brian

I think it is exactly the same reason why christians hate christians and people hate people in general...... You'll find it all over the world because it is in it's natural sense a part of the human personality. We all have ambivalent emotions, and also the "bad" ones are part of us: jealousy, anger, hate, etc. And some of us have more of the bad ones towards other people. I think this has nothing to do with religion or nationality or race.

Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefertity's eyes
Member # 4331

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for nefertity's eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi everybody,

i am very confused.....

hoping for some views,
brian

hi please forgive my english i m french educated. well about ur asking
i think that true to the first arab socity constitution ther always be problems betwin tribes and every tribe wanted to be the best in time of the prophet mohamed it got good and calm but after litlle by litlle it become like before
more in general contrary to what it seems arab accept other people more than other arab so if u really want to convert and u r convinced just don t hesitate ok good luck

------------------
lamiaâ

Posts: 57 | From: casablanca.morocco | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i think that true to the first arab socity constitution ther always be problems betwin tribes and every tribe wanted to be the best in time of the prophet mohamed it got good and calm but after litlle by litlle it become like before
more in general contrary to what it seems arab accept other people more than other arab so if u really want to convert and u r convinced just don t hesitate ok good luck

Oh really....then what of the concept of Mawali. During the middle ages Arabs had a concept of Mawali where only the purest Arabs could enjoy the full benefits of soceity. Non-Arabs including Egyptians,Perisans,and Berbers[Amazigh] were constanly looked down upon and forced to become the client of the Arab tribe. Mawali previously occupied a slave caste in pre-Islamic Arabia. Arabs are only accepting of Arab ways,but when it comes to other people's ways then they destoy them replacing them with pusedo-Arabization and Arabic language. Consider their own history before such a comment. No disrepect intended.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are facts about Islam that u should know first:-

1) Islam was the first to end slavery and gave equals rights for the black people to others and that why Islam why faced with a lots of trouble at the begging because the non believers didn’t like the idea of black ppl be treated like normal human plus many of the prophet `s (P.B.U.H.) companion were black and the honor of saying the first a`zan (calling for prayer) was given to belal who was black. So Islam gave the blacks theirs rights without fighting for them opposite to what had happened in North America and explain for you a reason why lots of blacks here in North America give respect to our religion and convert.

2) The prophet (P.B.U.H.) said “There is no difference between an Arab and non Arab only by following Allah teachings”. So the Islam was based upon giving equal rights for every kind of race.

3) Islam gave equal rights to women long before the western civilizations. The only difference is that women had to fight for it in west but in Islam it was already there.

4) There is no difference between the rich and the poor in Islam. The prophet (P.B.U.H.) said “Everybody is the same in front of Allah like the teeth of the comb” and u can see this when everybody, rich or poor, Arab or non Arab, black or white, stand beside each other in the mosque to pray for one god.

N.B. My translation is not very accurate, ppl could comment on transluations.

If it was right that hate started between Muslims after the prophet (P.B.U.H.) died, we wouldn’t had one of the greatest civilization that was made after the prophet (P.B.U.H.) had died because how could u make an entire huge empire while we were not united. By the way, Muslims don’t hate each other because that is not simply Islam, I live in Canada and I seen Muslims from all over the world, paki, Indian, Arabs, Persian, Turks, Canadians and nobody hate the other and we all worship god in the same place using the same book.

The reason why Arabs hate each other now is that because they are not holding to their Islam anymore so when people(Arabs, Persian or Pakistanis, etc) go work in the gulf they discriminate them which of course create hate. A small example is that the locals in Kuwait or U.A.E. take 3 times what an Egyptian would take to do the same job.

Btw, if there are different groups in Islam all of them follow the same Quran and believe in one god and in his prophet (P.B.U.H.). The difference was mainly based up on things happened in the Islamic history which lead to different people understand the Quran differently which is not considered as a big deal when compared to Christianity where every group so different that the other.

One more thing, we Arabs didn’t have WW1 or WW2 which was based upon racist ideas which our Islam is totally against. As in Europe and North America, there are people who hate each other for some reason or the other there is also people in Arabia who hate each other for power or money, etc. we are all human and we can’t be perfect.

Salmo 3alkom sisters and hope that I did help

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we are speaking of Arabs and not Muslims. What Islam did should be credited to what Arabs did. Truth is that Medevil Arabs were racist,forced their beliefs on others,sold people into slavery,and had the lowest reguard to anybody non-Arab. This included Egyptians and whoever else Arabs took over.

Arab bedouin tribes are still wrecking havoc in areas like Sudan and Chad. Most of the modern people who call themselves Arabs are the desendants of people that have been Arabized often by force or survial.

Even if Islam granted women equal rights Arabs use to drown female babies in sand because they never wanted them. ancient Egyptians well before Mohammed or Westerners valued women and in their soceity they were allowed to inherit porperty and divorce when needed. What little reform in the Arab world slipped out of the window when Mohammed died because Arabs forced new converts to Islam to become second class citizens. None of the following is comissioned by the Quran but the Arabs still did it.

Arabs also have been wrecking havoc in areas in Upper Egypt like Suhaj,Assuit,and Minya for eons. Ever since the Mamelukes unleashed them to this region.

[This message has been edited by ausar (edited 20 June 2004).]

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Well, we are speaking of Arabs and not Muslims. What Islam did should be credited to what Arabs did. Truth is that Medevil Arabs were racist,forced their beliefs on others,sold people into slavery,and had the lowest reguard to anybody non-Arab. This included Egyptians and whoever else Arabs took over.

Arab bedouin tribes are still wrecking havoc in areas like Sudan and Chad. Most of the modern people who call themselves Arabs are the desendants of people that have been Arabized often by force or survial.

Even if Islam granted women equal rights Arabs use to drown female babies in sand because they never wanted them. ancient Egyptians well before Mohammed or Westerners valued women and in their soceity they were allowed to inherit porperty and divorce when needed. What little reform in the Arab world slipped out of the window when Mohammed died because Arabs forced new converts to Islam to become second class citizens. None of the following is comissioned by the Quran but the Arabs still did it.

Arabs also have been wrecking havoc in areas in Upper Egypt like Suhaj,Assuit,and Minya for eons. Ever since the Mamelukes unleashed them to this region.

with all honesty,while reading ur stuff i feel Hitler is still alive.but with another target.

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
may allah guide u too the best decision my friend. First the hatred u see is not because of the religion, infact the religion as was said by other posters prohibits the feel of arrogance and that every human is equal and that Allah (God) laid upon physical features only to differiantiate from one antoher, u see some people happen to feel threatned and sometimes put nationalism ahead of anything, people from different cultures, sometimes when they meet up, they find that their differiations cause conflict and feeling of hate may arise, but really islam takes that away and teaches us to love a brother as if he were are own brother by blood. Every muslim is part of the ummah, no matter what color, race, ethnicity, culture, whateva nothin can take that apart. Now what u hear happens is true, and the reason that most of the people that have these hatreds dont have the true Iman, they dont prey, in other words they are not good muslims, but i assure u their is no hatred in islam. and by the way, arab does not mean muslim, arab is just and group of people they can be christian cathlic what eva. Dont put a lable for arab as muslim, maybe that will clear up things for u a little bit.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dajjal supreme
Member # 4381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dajjal supreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:
and by the way, arab does not mean muslim, arab is just and group of people they can be christian cathlic what eva. Dont put a lable for arab as muslim, maybe that will clear up things for u a little bit.

Most people use the term Arab and Muslim as if they are synonmous, even though there are more non-Arab muslims in world than Arab muslims. I guess maybe it's cuz the Qu'ran is in Arabic and so are the holy sites of Islam like Mecca, Medina and Al-quds (In a yahoodi place now unfortunately) all in Arab nations.

Posts: 170 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ausar, i guess u went out of the topic. Why r u talking about Medevil Arabs now? it is not our subject, what subject is why there are some hate between arabs now a days.

we all know arabs were racist big time before islam (it is taught in our schools) but if u also looked at the other races at the time, they were no different. Everybody was racist and in dark ages. Even the persians didnt allow women to worship their gods because they were considered as unclean dirty creature because of the period and thats why women were not allowed in.

That attack on arabs is not fair. They arent the worest and they arent the best.

and i want u to remenber u, arabs didnt have WW1 and WW2.

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dajjal supreme
Member # 4381

Rate Member
Scrolling down the forums page all you will read is 'Egypt, Arab,Egypt, Arab, Hate, vs..'
These topics are purposeless except for breeding hatred. KILL IT.

DubaiDoctor
Member # 4045

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DubaiDoctor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know now that you are a racist
thanks for clarifying that

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Posts: 77 | From: Dubai UAE | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by BahyBasha
Islam was the first to end slavery and gave equals rights for the black people
If it wasnt from Islam, the westerners would not have ever known about African slavery. Arabs were the first to trade black slaves to the Europeans.

Islam gave equal rights to women long before the western civilizations
Islam is responsible for the destruction of Africa's "matriarchal" society. We're not talking about the "West" as both are responsible for the destruction of Africa!! Both forced their patriarchal societies on to the motherland, and women suffered as a result of this.

One more thing, we Arabs didn’t have WW1 or WW2
You must be completely out of your mind, or just plain ignorant!! Arabia was involved in both World Wars, I suggest you do some research before making false claims.

Originally posted by Multisphinx
First the hatred u see is not because of the religion
Tell that to the thousands of Sudanese Refugees affectionately termed "THE LOST BOYS OF SUDAN" who became orphans and lost their villages and family members because they would NOT forcefully convert to "Islam".

Originally posted by DubaiDoctor
We know now that you are a racist

We now know that you suffer from a keen sense of self-denial, as all Ausur posted was the truth! Arabs have done nothing but bring Sudan and Egypt from 2 of the most thriving ancient kingdoms in East Africa down to backward 3rd world Nations!! And I beg anyone to differ.

[This message has been edited by homeylu (edited 28 June 2004).]

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
Originally posted by BahyBasha
[b]Islam was the first to end slavery and gave equals rights for the black people

If it wasnt from Islam, the westerners would not have ever known about African slavery. Arabs were the first to trade black slaves to the Europeans.[/b]

I have to disagree here. Slavery went on for centuries in Europe before they started enslaving blacks. They were going to enslave whoever regardless. Blacks just were better suited to work in the hot sun than all other groups that were enslaved. The word slave comes from the Latin word "Slav", used to describe slaves from Eastern Europe.

quote:

[b]Islam gave equal rights to women long before the western civilizations

Islam is responsible for the destruction of Africa's "matriarchal" society. We're not talking about the "West" as both are responsible for the destruction of Africa!! Both forced their patriarchal societies on to the motherland, and women suffered as a result of this.[/b]

What makes you think cultures were matriarchal across Africa? To me it always seemed to vary from place to place. The only place where Arabs were involved in the destruction of the matriarchal society was in Sudan. Nubian men left their land and property to their daughter's children and Arabs gained land and wealth in Sudan by marrying Nubian women.

quote:

[b]One more thing, we Arabs didn’t have WW1 or WW2

You must be completely out of your mind, or just plain ignorant!! Arabia was involved in both World Wars, I suggest you do some research before making false claims.[/b]

Many Arab countries got their independence from WWI and several Arab countries supported the Nazis in WWII.

quote:

Originally posted by DubaiDoctor
[b]We know now that you are a racist

We now know that you suffer from a keen sense of self-denial, as all Ausur posted was the truth! Arabs have done nothing but bring Sudan and Egypt from 2 of the most thriving ancient kingdoms in East Africa down to backward 3rd world Nations!! And I beg anyone to differ.[/b]

Egypt and Sudan are both part of the Arab world but I wouldn't blame Arabs for their decline. Both countries were declining long before Arabs began to rule. When it comes to colonization and exploitation of wealth, Arab and black African countries are in the same boat. In both worlds we see countries where people are powerless and whose destinies are almost pre-determined by the West.

[This message has been edited by Amun (edited 28 June 2004).]

Posts: 338 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amun,

off topic clarification, the word "Slav" has the common etymology with "glory", "glorious", "glorify". The word "Slav" later lost its Slavic identity not origin due to conquests

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
Amun,

off topic clarification, the word "Slav" has the common etymology with "glory", "glorious", "glorify". The word "Slav" later lost its Slavic identity not origin due to conquests

Never heard that before but I'll look it up. According to the dictionary, the Eglish word, "Slave" came from "Slav".

"The spelling of English slave, closer to its original Slavic form, first appears in English in 1538. Slavs became slaves around the beginning of the ninth century when the Holy Roman Empire tried to stabilize a German-Slav frontier."
http://www.bartleby.com/61/62/S0466200.html

Posts: 338 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More OT: That's a cool webpage you have, Amun. Are you from Maryland?
Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carleen:
More OT: That's a cool webpage you have, Amun. Are you from Maryland?

Yes, Baltimore... Thanks, I forgot I had my BP profile on here...

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BahYBasha said:

quote:
Ausar, i guess u went out of the topic. Why r u talking about Medevil Arabs now? it is not our subject, what subject is why there are some hate between arabs now a days.

The topic was originally about relationship between non-Arab Muslims and Arab Muslims. I just interjected the statements as it relates to relationship between the Arabian Caliphtes to the non-Arab Egyptian population. I feel much of the animoisty non-Arabs have about Arabs is due to the policy during the middle ages of Mawali which confined Muslim converts to simply become the client of Arab Muslims. Under this system non-Arab Muslims suffered unequality.

quote:
we all know arabs were racist big time before islam (it is taught in our schools) but if u also looked at the other races at the time, they were no different.

What you said is true except when Mohammed died Arabs reverted back to their slave trading ways. Once against how would you explain the pratice of Mawali?

Not pointing the fingers at any particular Arab group but the facts and the facts.

quote:
That attack on arabs is not fair. They arent the worest and they arent the best.

How did you take my statements as an attack on Arabs? I never indicted the whole Arab population nor told anything that cannot be validated through historical reserch. Try studying history sometime through multiple views.

[This message has been edited by ausar (edited 28 June 2004).]

Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun:
Yes, Baltimore... Thanks, I forgot I had my BP profile on here...

Cool, I'm in Bowie. Nice to see someone so close to home on here!

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Amun
Egypt and Sudan are both part of the Arab world but I wouldn't blame Arabs for their decline. Both countries were declining long before Arabs began to rule. When it comes to colonization and exploitation of wealth, Arab and black African countries are in the same boat. In both worlds we see countries where people are powerless and whose destinies are almost pre-determined by the West.

You're absolutely correct. Please forgive me for that last statement. I had no right to make a critical statement about all Arabs, since my own personal experience with them has been nothing but pleasant. I suppose it was just mis-directed anger over what has happened recently to the Lost Boys that caused this. As an American I also have the same anger towards how our government has exploited Iraqi citizens. When in all cases the leadership is to blame and not the people in general. Again I apologize.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com