EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian gripes about foreigners

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian gripes about foreigners
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, let's gripe a bit. If there are any Egyptians still on the board (fat chance I guess) let's play role reversal and let us bitch about foreigners in Egypt for a bit. Come on guys and girls, let's moan and bitch a bit. I will be back with a list of my own gripes in case all Egyptians have already been chased away.

Disclaimer: When I bitch and moan constantly for the next month I don't mean I hate foreigners in Egypt. I love them, they have their many bad sides which I will one sidedly nitpick and misrepresent forever, but that's only because I love them ickle tickle foreigners.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm well during creation they took all the good hair //bitch// and the good noses //moan// and we were left with the loafah hair // bitch & moan// but HEHEHEEEEE the jews were left with the UGLY NOSES ....

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kimo can foreigners living in Egypt join in PLEEEEEASE??

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Kimo can foreigners living in Egypt join in PLEEEEEASE??

Penny

Yeah be my guest, I guess I can count you as Egyptian anyway.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:
Hmmm well during creation they took all the good hair //bitch// and the good noses //moan// and we were left with the loafah hair // bitch & moan// but HEHEHEEEEE the jews were left with the UGLY NOSES ....

Have you tried getting a haircut in Europe before? THAT was an experience, they just sat there stunned by my leefa hair not knowing where to start, I laughed my butt off.

And you know what, that nose deal also hit us a bit, have you checked Nancy Agram's nose before she had a bit of a snip snip, Golda Meir flashback.

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rimo you are a breath of fresh air!

quote:

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Rimo you are a breath of fresh air!

Thanks love, trying to hold on to dear ol' sanity...exams comin' up .......

kisses

Kimo, I almost forgot,your turn, what do you have to bitch/moan about ? apart from the fact that their paycheck comes in these bills with the loveliest shade of green and when they shop in Egypt they divide by 7 while when we shop abroad we MULTIPLY

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 03 July 2004).]

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Egyptian woman that frequents this board has THE BEST HAIR EVER! Really!
However mine is quite a bother, and it is hard to find the proper treatment in Egypt, I guess.

Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
An Egyptian woman that frequents this board has THE BEST HAIR EVER! Really!
However mine is quite a bother, and it is hard to find the proper treatment in Egypt, I guess.

This lady's name & address please and a shotgun , can't allow contamination of the gene pool.

Sorry Kimo, looks like I might've ruined your thread, promise, nope cross my heart an hope to die, I'll be silent as a mouse and serious as a Zen priest from now on.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you ever get to see it? No hijab?
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, she doesn't cover her hair
Umm lets do Kimo a favor and complain about foreign people. I get annoyed at guests that don't study the culture one bit and come to Egypt either expecting everyone to live in pyramids and wear kilt-like clothing from the Pharaonic era, or they expect West Africans in order to fulfil their "black Americans came from Egypt" delusions. I hate when visitors from the Gulf feel that any woman that speaks to a man will also accept money for sex.

Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxor,most women in Egypt are not required to wear hijab. What you might see in areas like Luxor is a traditional head covering called a tar'ha. The tar'ha is by no means a hijab. You should honestly know this after all your time within Egypt.

Egypt is not like the Gulf countries where women often have to cover themselves in a full burka.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This lady's name & address please and a shotgun , can't allow contamination of the gene pool.

Sorry Kimo, looks like I might've ruined your thread, promise, nope cross my heart an hope to die, I'll be silent as a mouse and serious as a Zen priest from now on.

Umm, no, let's joke some more. If I become serious here, I will set a flame war the likes of which ES hasn't seen before. Not really interested in this at the moment (changed my mind). Let's talk about ta7seen el nasl and the gene pool a bit more.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a joke - sorry if it misfired.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 21 September 2004).]

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
originally posted by Kimo
Disclaimer: When I bitch and moan constantly for the next month I don't mean I hate foreigners in Egypt. I love them, they have their many bad sides which I will one sidedly nitpick and misrepresent forever, but that's only because I love them ickle tickle foreigners.

I would love to meet you , rare to find others with that dry sarcastic humor, that I enjoy so much.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
No, she doesn't cover her hair
Umm lets do Kimo a favor and complain about foreign people. I get annoyed at guests that don't study the culture one bit and come to Egypt either expecting everyone to live in pyramids and wear kilt-like clothing from the Pharaonic era, or they expect West Africans in order to fulfil their "black Americans came from Egypt" delusions. I hate when visitors from the Gulf feel that any woman that speaks to a man will also accept money for sex.

I know, don't you just hate it when they've spent all that time studying about Ancient Egypt, and come to Egypt to visit the LOCALS. Why are those silly foreigners coming to visit pyramids and ancient sites, when the LOCALS are wayyyyy more interesting. After all they don't need TOURISTS revenue to survive.

And those dumb uneducated African Americans obviously don't know a damn thing about geography, either that or that plane heading towards Senegal landed in EGYPT by accident. I mean duhhhh all those history books showing African American slaves came from West Africa forgot to teach them that Egypt is in North East Africa. Shoot the American school teachers, damn it!!

I'm so ashamed of these foreigners you all have every right to gripe about them for for silly things like this. They make us ALL look soooooooo bad.

[This message has been edited by homeylu (edited 03 July 2004).]

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know, don't you just hate it when they've spent all that time studying about Ancient Egypt, and come to Egypt to visit the LOCALS. Why are those silly foreigners coming to visit pyramids and ancient sites, when the LOCALS are wayyyyy more interesting

Depending which part of Egypt you visit can be extremely interesting. Living amungst the rural Saidi and Fellahin in Upper you start to see many continuity between ancient to modern Egypt. Unfortunatley,most vistors never experiance any of this. Only anthropologist or Egyptologist know much about this. Also unfortunate Egypt plays the Arab heritage over the pharoanic heritage when living traditions exist from the past in rural areas.

People who visit Egypt should at least have some rudimentary understanding of what the local customs and culture is.

quote:
After all they don't need TOURISTS revenue to survive.

Esepcially the Saidi people living within the south. Without tourism income many would be in worse shape than they already are.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
And those dumb uneducated African Americans obviously don't know a damn thing about geography, either that or that plane heading towards Senegal landed in EGYPT by accident. I mean duhhhh all those history books showing African American slaves came from West Africa forgot to teach them that Egypt is in North East Africa. Shoot the American school teachers, damn it!!

Whoa, wait a minute - was this supposed to be a joke?? If it was, it wasn't the least bit funny.

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hmmm well during creation they took all the good hair //bitch// and the good noses //moan// and we were left with the loafah hair // bitch & moan//

Mmm ... I always thought it was exactly the other way around.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 04 July 2004).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Carlene I was being SARCASTIC, not funny.

I know damn well Americans are not dumb enough to expect to see people living in pyramids or looking like West Africans, read Undead's post.

Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
quote:

I know damn well Americans are not dumb enough to expect to see people living in pyramids or looking like West Africans, read Undead's post.

Hahaha! You would be surprised...
100% honest, I have met people with those expectations countless times.

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 04 July 2004).]

Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Your post specifically called out "African-Americans", sweetie [added for emphasis - I think that's how you put it]. You were right though; your "wry humor" does need some work.

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Carleen:
Your post specifically called out "African-Americans", sweetie [added for emphasis - I think that's how you put it]. You were right though; your "wry humor" does need some work.

That's because of his "black americans come from egypt delusions" comment. Please read the whole thread, and stop choosing the parts to support some type of political argument, damn it! As I am an AFRICAN American myself, and I don't know one single one of us that thinks they came from Egypt. Get a damn life!

Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Oh please child, if you've read some of my posts, you would know that if I wanted to make a political argument, I'd come right out and do it - I don't need to pick & chose quotes. Your attempt at sarcastic humor failed miserably, and I, as an AFRICAN-AMERICAN, found it offensive & insulting. Regardless of where some black Americans think they came from, that's no reason to call them dumb & uneducated. But you seem to like to get off on insulting people here, which is why I wish you'd just go back under whatever Egyptology-rock you came from.

So shoo! Go away!

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Carleen:
Oh please child, if you've read some of my posts, you would know that if I wanted to make a political argument, I'd come right out and do it - I don't need to pick & chose quotes. Your attempt at sarcastic humor failed miserably, and I, as an AFRICAN-AMERICAN, found it offensive & insulting. Regardless of where some black Americans think they came from, that's no reason to call them dumb & uneducated. But you seem to like to get off on insulting people here, which is why I wish you'd just go back under whatever Egyptology-rock you came from.

So shoo! Go away!

Just proves that you don't know what SARCASM is. But let me difine it for you:

Sarcasm-A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

As I in no way would call black americans "dumb and uneducated" its only to "sarcastically" reply to Undead's "ridiculous" comment. But yet you see no fault in his comments. But then again maybe you're one of those "idiots" that DO expect to see West Africans in Egypt, which would make MY statement sound more insulting to you than HIS. I don't go around insulting people, just because I have my OWN mind and opinions that goes against what YOU think should be the popular. And I stand on TOP of rocks honey, not low enough to crawl up under any. Now you go back to your pity party with the rest of your crew, (I'm sure the African merican community can benefit from all the educated advice you receive from it, and my knowledge of Egyptology would be of no use to them.)- Parenthesis=sarcasm- see definition again, it make take you a minute to grasp the implication.

[This message has been edited by homeylu (edited 04 July 2004).]

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Afterthought:

Carlene I just realize you identified yourself as an African American woman. And yet you go around feeding into all these negative "stereotypes" of Egyptian men, given all the negative stereotypes that have been portrayed by of Black Americans, now I'm really disapointed, as YOU should know better. Now how would you feel if some foreigners came to America and got robbed by a black man, and went back to her country and started a Forum constantly warning people to watch out for Black American thieves. And yet you have the nerve to try to defend these type of women. Some of them had a bad experience YES, will everyone have a bad experience NO. And you support going so far as to issue warnings thru a goddamn travel agency?? Shame on you.

[This message has been edited by homeylu (edited 05 July 2004).]

Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
quote:
Afterthought:

Carlene I just realize you identified yourself as an African American woman. And yet you go around feeding into all these negative "stereotypes" of Egyptian men, given all the negative stereotypes that have been portrayed by of Black Americans, now I'm really disapointed, as YOU should know better. Now how would you feel if some foreigners came to America and got robbed by a black man, and went back to her country and started a Forum constantly warning people to watch out for Black American thieves. And yet you have the nerve to try to defend these type of women. Some of them had a bad experience YES, will everyone have a bad experience NO. And you support going so far as to issue warnings thru a goddamn travel agency?? Shame on you.

Considering the way you've chosen to carry yourself in these forums, I feel zero need to explain myself to you.

And I certainly hope you don't think all your childish cursing & name-calling intimidates me in the least. You know good & well you wouldn't talk like that to me in person, so you really need to stop frontin'. Better yet, what you need is a therapist. Anyone living life to their full potential wouldn't feel the need to bash strangers on the internet.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Fruitless argument, not the response I expected.
omelbanaat
Member # 4616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for omelbanaat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate it when foreigners appropriate a light-hearted thread & turn it into a private argument
Posts: 35 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by omelbanaat:
I hate it when foreigners appropriate a light-hearted thread & turn it into a private argument

LOL! Yes, it is really unbecoming of us both. I'm tired of fighting, so as far as I'm concerned it's over. My apologies to all members.

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Do not worry Rimo, no need for shotgun, aging is taking care of every thing

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mooly El Din:

Do not worry Rimo, no need for shotgun, aging is taking care of every thing

Cheers

Hey Mooly
haven't seen you in a while, better watchout dear if you're the one with the "Best Hair" coz next time you're in Cairo I'll be lookin' for you ........

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Kimo The M.,

Pretty please DON'T tell me you do not live in the pyramid!!!!!! And what???? You don't drive a chariot???

Love to All,
K.

[This message has been edited by Karah_Mia (edited 06 July 2004).]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey Mooly
haven't seen you in a while, better watchout dear if you're the one with the "Best Hair" coz next time you're in Cairo I'll be lookin' for you ........

I would love if you went there looking for me, coz I would like to know you more

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow with all these scary stories about foreigners being hated and blah blah blah...I sometimes wonder why I love Egypt so much.Although Im in Cape Town far fare away ....
quote:
Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
Okay, let's gripe a bit. If there are any Egyptians still on the board (fat chance I guess) let's play role reversal and let us bitch about foreigners in Egypt for a bit. Come on guys and girls, let's moan and bitch a bit. I will be back with a list of my own gripes in case all Egyptians have already been chased away.

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summer65
Member # 5391

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for summer65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi read your message LRC, would appreciate it if you could give me your feed back regarding their services.
thanks

------------------
nina

Posts: 1 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memo2000
Member # 3996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memo2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello friends
you can read more about egypt at this location : http://www.travel-egypt.ha22.com

also you can post in our new forum whatever you like at this location : http://www.ha22.com/forum
Thanks
http://www.halim-hosting.com

Posts: 271 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Egypt is not like the Gulf countries where women often have to cover themselves in a full burka.

HEHEHE... ... ...Saudi is not the only place where women where burqa.Afganistan might enter your mind...but Im talking about a place that sounds highly unlikely to have their women "covered up"...SA darling SA.Believe it or not I grew up wearing burqa...and it is not that bad from a personal point of view.Its the stigma thats attached to it and the way its perceived.Its the western point of view that sees it as a "bad" thing and women being opressed etc. etc.I stopped wearing burqa after I finished my studies because it did not go down well at tourism studies but that wasnt the only reason...since im not easily influenced by propaganda.By the way burqa comes in many forms...some have veils and some dont...I didnt wear veil...although my family would have loooved me too.

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had to get in on this one - first may I say I LOVE Egypt the people, the culture and I have spent 12 years happily alone travelling about ALL Egypt (I am a Travel Manager). But let me say one thing Egypt DOES need foreigners and the huge revenue it brings in every day. Without the sights such as the pyramids and the fantastic culture, people and history then what else would Egypt have. Be brave and except him YOU need the foreigners and tourists money - without it you would be in deep trouble. Just like we British need our royal family, castles and history to encourage tourism here too. I LOVE you all - big bossas to you all !
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
WELSHLADYUK:
Um Um...sorry to interupt....but Egypt is a filthy rich country...just a pity the locals dont see it.So even if the tourist dont visit Egypt there wouldn't be much of a difference in the standard of living for the locals.If the fatcats stop lining their pockets with the money generated by tourism...well the quality of living would drasticly improve for all.People are suffering all over Egypt ..some still earn a living plowing fields...so they dont get much or anything from government.Should the economy collaps....what would those people do?...Keep on plowing fields I guess.

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by summer65:
Hi read your message LRC, would appreciate it if you could give me your feed back regarding their services.
thanks

HI summer, sorry can't be a judge here,been there only once with a friend, will try to get the feedback though.
have a nice day

foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreigngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'ld be surprised. Most Americans don't have a clue, even those with money
quote:

Posts: 145 | From: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com