EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The place of women in very true Islam

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The place of women in very true Islam
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't cut and paste hadith and verses because y'all probably can find websites with better information. I am just going to make an observation from what I've seen around me.

It's weird but I noticed that the more religious a girl or woman is, the more liberated and bloody heart liberal she is. For example in college, girls in hijab were always pushy and solid, always getting their way; girls without hijab usually found a guy they could suck dry. I also remember a TV program they had on why women MP's were so rarely elected for parliament. In their interviews in the streets ALL veiled women said they would elect a qualified female MP, while most secular looking ones (as well as most men) said women would never make good MP's. Some people would remember the Islamist female MP in Alexandria who got elected with a Muslim brotherhood agenda but was banned by the government, it's weird but it's like many of the very few elected/electable female MP's have an Islamic agenda.

The point is, I don't really like "Islamist" agendas, that woman in Alexandria sounded dangerous and I am glad the government banned her and everything. But it's so strange that secular women today seem more sedentary than you would expect.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a !!!!! statement " girls in hijab were always pushy and solid, always getting their way; girls without hijab usually found a guy they could suck dry"

In my work environment, there are 2000 person from allover the world, only 200 below the age 40 .It happened that from this 200, there are only 2 Egyptians and both of them are non veiled females, who did not found any guy to suck dry!!!

What is the relation between Hijab and aptitude. Why there is an assumption that Hijab is the mere or a signficant sign of being religious. What a misleading assumption, in a time where hijab is more of a social norm. You continue to assume than non veiled women is a symbol of a " secular women" in a society where the fundamental basics of secularism do not exist. Being veiled or not is not a sign of being liberal or not.

The issue here should be: why we are producing a handicap, dreamless, and dependable generation. And as the society in this domain is demanding more from the men than the Women, then Women are less likely to take initiatives. The issue is multifaceted and complicated and it is very naïve to conclude/assume or even hint, that a social phenomena ( hijab) with a religious grounds enforce or not such an attitude.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Mooly El Din (edited 21 July 2004).]

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i read it as a personal observation.

anyway, he was describing a stereotype. there is no need to point out there are exceptions, like the 2 women out of the 2,000 employees in your firm. we all know there's exceptions to the stereotype.

i think kimo's point is that some people think the stereotype of a veiled woman is a timid, soft-spoken creature and it was his personal observation from being in a cairo university, that in fact this is more a stereotype of the unveiled girl.

unless you both went to the same school, why are you discrediting his observation and changing the topic?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com