EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The End Days

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The End Days
oxygene
Member # 4945

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salaam,

A friend told me recenttly that he had heard on the grapevine at the mosque say that some saintly old islamic people say that they had met the Imam Mahdi in Medina (Saudi Arabia)and had recognised his qualities and are just waiting for him to emerge at the age of 40. My friend went on to say that he feels it in his bones that there is either a cataclysmic event gonna happen pretty soon...like say a third world war or the emergence of the mahdi....cos so many of the signs he says that we have in hadeeth are in his opinion coming true.

The signs he mentioned in no particlar order and in brief detail cos we were talking pretty late

something about 2 solar or lunar eclipses (not sure) in ramadan

Oppression of muslims all over world

Oppression of muslims specifically in Iraq

A saint (the one who wrote Fazail e Amail) mentioned before his death that the Imam Mahdi had been born and was alive and under 10 years old in 1979 which would mean that he would emerge in the in the next few years?

Has any one got any thoughts about my friends thoughts and views and/or more information about the signs of the coming of Imam Mahdi?

Thanks

Posts: 29 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True.... Ahmed Belal shan't be playing for the Russian team.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JOSHUA
Member # 4946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSHUA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oxygene:
Salaam,

A friend told me recenttly that he had heard on the grapevine at the mosque say that some saintly old islamic people say that they had met the Imam Mahdi in Medina (Saudi Arabia)and had recognised his qualities and are just waiting for him to emerge at the age of 40. My friend went on to say that he feels it in his bones that there is either a cataclysmic event gonna happen pretty soon...like say a third world war or the emergence of the mahdi....cos so many of the signs he says that we have in hadeeth are in his opinion coming true.

The signs he mentioned in no particlar order and in brief detail cos we were talking pretty late

something about 2 solar or lunar eclipses (not sure) in ramadan

Oppression of muslims all over world

Oppression of muslims specifically in Iraq

A saint (the one who wrote Fazail e Amail) mentioned before his death that the Imam Mahdi had been born and was alive and under 10 years old in 1979 which would mean that he would emerge in the in the next few years?

Has any one got any thoughts about my friends thoughts and views and/or more information about the signs of the coming of Imam Mahdi?

Thanks

Is that a new prophet?

Posts: 321 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUA:
Is that a new prophet?

lol!
Ofcourse, he is not. Prophet moahmed (P.B.U.H) is the last prophet on this earth.

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
True.... Ahmed Belal shan't be playing for the Russian team.

so where Ahmed belal is playing now?

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygene
Member # 4945

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUA:
Is that a new prophet?

No.....The last prophet was and always (according to islam) will be the Prophet Muhammad(PBUH).

In Islamic teachings there are many signs of Judgement days advent.....but thats another story.....however it is also written that before Judgement day certain things will happen;

Imam Mahdi who will be a pious muslim and from the lineage the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) will emerge at the age of 40, unite the muslim world and reign as Khalifah for 7 years.

The Dajjal will emerge (the Anti Christ) and then the Messiah (Jesus son of Mary) will descend in Damascus Syria.

Then Jesus will read a prayer behind the Imam Mahdi who will lead the congregatonal prayer thus fulfilling Jesus' prayer to God to make him a member of the nation of Muhammad. ....ie he will not be a prophet at this time but a member of the Ummat (nation) of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Then Jesus son of Mary will slay the Anti Christ (Dajjal)

Then there will be a golden period for Islam and Jesus son of Mary will live according tothe Quoran and will die in his seventies.

Then when the world once again deteriorates into sin and evil after who knows how many years Judgmenet day will eventually come.

Thats is my very basic understanding of it and in relation to the my original question i am obv iously asking if people think that the END DAYS are near? cos his emergence would be the beginning of the end. But no one seems to have an opinion on this?

Posts: 29 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People all over the world and of all religions have had apocalyptic visions since very very long time ago. Some even predicted dates of the doom (latest biggie I think the year 2000), which passed quite uneventfully hence we are all still breathing. I do not think we need any spiritual intervention to finish off our Mother Planet Earth along with all of her blissfully unaware inhabitants. We pollute, abuse and kill without giving it as much as a thought. This status quo sure will not last too long considering all the damage we have already done to our habitat and to ourselves along the way.+

It would be interesting to hear some wise interpretation of the prophecies, if ever possible that is.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by oxygene:
No.....The last prophet was and always (according to islam) will be the Prophet Muhammad(PBUH).

In Islamic teachings there are many signs of Judgement days advent.....but thats another story.....however it is also written that before Judgement day certain things will happen;

Imam Mahdi who will be a pious muslim and from the lineage the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) will emerge at the age of 40, unite the muslim world and reign as Khalifah for 7 years.

The Dajjal will emerge (the Anti Christ) and then the Messiah (Jesus son of Mary) will descend in Damascus Syria.

Then Jesus will read a prayer behind the Imam Mahdi who will lead the congregatonal prayer thus fulfilling Jesus' prayer to God to make him a member of the nation of Muhammad. ....ie he will not be a prophet at this time but a member of the Ummat (nation) of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Then Jesus son of Mary will slay the Anti Christ (Dajjal)

Then there will be a golden period for Islam and Jesus son of Mary will live according tothe Quoran and will die in his seventies.

Then when the world once again deteriorates into sin and evil after who knows how many years Judgmenet day will eventually come.

Thats is my very basic understanding of it and in relation to the my original question i am obv iously asking if people think that the END DAYS are near? cos his emergence would be the beginning of the end. But no one seems to have an opinion on this?

Man man man! u r going to far. Did the Quran give all this details that u mentioned? NO.

Yes we believe in elmahdie and return of Jesus and the anti christ and yes missah is going to slay the anti christ but Thats it. dont add stuff like the following:-

"will emerge at the age of40"
"reign as Khalifah for 7 years"
"Messiah (Jesus son of Mary) will descend in Damascus Syria"
"Then Jesus will read a prayer behind the Imam Mahdi"
"Then there will be a golden period for Islam and Jesus son of Mary will live according tothe Quoran and will die in his seventies.

Then when the world once again deteriorates into sin and evil after who knows how many years Judgmenet day will eventually come."

All this hadnt been mentioned in the Quran but some people just try to add some Unnecessary details.

oxygene
Member # 4945

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BahYBasha:

Man man man! u r going to far. Did the Quran give all this details that u mentioned? NO.

Yes we believe in elmahdie and return of Jesus and the anti christ and yes missah is going to slay the anti christ but Thats it. dont add stuff like the following:-

"will emerge at the age of40"
"reign as Khalifah for 7 years"
"Messiah (Jesus son of Mary) will descend in Damascus Syria"
"Then Jesus will read a prayer behind the Imam Mahdi"
"Then there will be a golden period for Islam and Jesus son of Mary will live according tothe Quoran and will die in his seventies.

Then when the world once again deteriorates into sin and evil after who knows how many years Judgmenet day will eventually come."

All this hadnt been mentioned in the Quran but some people just try to add some Unnecessary details.

Actually even though these details may not have been mentioned in Quoran they are mentioned in reliable and authentic hadeeth and i have been hearing these details ever since i was 15 and because of the fact that really i am no expert on these matters, in fact quite the opposite i would not have gone on to state these details if i wasnt particularly sure about them. Oh all the details apart from Jesus (AS) dying in his 70's i am pretty sure about. May have taken some artistic licence with that one. ..but would prefer to call it a bad memory...what i have heard is that he will marry and have children and live to a good age.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com