EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Avoiding the black market

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Avoiding the black market
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me if there is a legitimate way to change LE into any hard currency without having to resort to the black market.
Would the banks assist even if at a poor exchange rate. Do you need documentary evidence ( which I do have ) of the money coming in in the first place.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blunt
Member # 4943

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GO TO THE BANK!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Can anyone tell me if there is a legitimate way to change LE into any hard currency without having to resort to the black market.
Would the banks assist even if at a poor exchange rate. Do you need documentary evidence ( which I do have ) of the money coming in in the first place.

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have your C.E.R (Currency Exchange Receipt)Take one of these to the bank.
It shows that your money was changed legally at a bank in the first place. you won't have any problems.

Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The money was originally transfered from outside Egypt so I don't have a C.E.R but do have documentation of it being sent.

Yes I can launder it on the black market but I am trying to find out if there are proper ways to make the exchange as I do not want to get involved in what to me is an illegal practice.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elmagnoon
Member # 4199

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for elmagnoon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
The money was originally transfered from outside Egypt so I don't have a C.E.R but do have documentation of it being sent.

Yes I can launder it on the black market but I am trying to find out if there are proper ways to make the exchange as I do not want to get involved in what to me is an illegal practice.

EXACTLY, THANKS YOU.

Posts: 343 | From: Magnoon Land | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ayman2
Member # 1722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ayman2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny,

You can exchange LE into any hard currency in any of the exchange bureaus "makateb el serafa". They are licensed and legal.

Ayman

Posts: 129 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrumpyGherkin
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrumpyGherkin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ayman2:
Penny,
You can exchange LE into any hard currency in any of the exchange bureaus "makateb el serafa". They are licensed and legal.

Ayman

Ayman, the bureaus may be licensed and legal but I have never been able to buy foreign currency from them ever. I found this out when I had to pay my rent in USD and after visiting over 20 exchange offices, I had only managed to scrape up 20 USD. Every office I visited told me they didn't have any. Seems they just may be making too much of a profit for themselves behind closed doors. Maybe things have changed, I'm not sure.

Posts: 84 | From: Gherkin Land | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two accounts one in LE and the other in GBP so I can withdraw GBP at any time. I am sure that would work for USD
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
I have two accounts one in LE and the other in GBP so I can withdraw GBP at any time. I am sure that would work for USD

The problem is it is in LE and I want to get it back into a hard currency. Yes would not be a problem to withdraw GBP if an account was held in that currency.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com