EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Lost my girl to a Luxor lover

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost my girl to a Luxor lover
Mike - Lost
Member # 5085

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mike - Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lost my partner of the last six years to a Luxor lover.

It started with my special girl going on holiday a month ago, and a holiday romance started in the last few days on a cruise ship on the Nile she was with her Mother and Sister.
She flies out today, no good byes no tears, 95% of all personal belongings left at our home.

It has taken me a month to figure it all out ? I have also found out about my self in the process, of thought and through the pain of losing my special girl.

Do holiday romances work ? My girl has also been searching the Internet ! How do you marry a Egyptian man? And other clues came to light.

The worst thing about all this is my Girl is not aware that I know, and she knows that she can return home, to the safety and support that I have given her over the last six years in our relationship, which was so strog.

I have gone through such pain and hurt, but I know that I am a strong person and will come out a better person, with or with out my special girl.

So if any ones sees my special girl, and goes by the name of Rosemary (Rosie) 5" 6" black hair and very beautiful, tell her I love her, and to take care.

Thank you.

Mike - Lost

Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gees....I dont want to sound harsh...but would you really take her back after she messed around with another guy?...Whomever she met probably had a few other women before her...and the others before her probably had some more others etc etc....so if you take her back honey...you will be sleeping with all of them!....By the way....are you in the habit of sharing your woman with another man?...If she really loved you and really cared about you...she wouldnt use you as a doormat.She screws around while you sit obediently waiting for her to come back!...

BE A MAN....forget about her...I think there is a few million more women in the world that would apreciate a guy like you!

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Mike, I am very sorry for your loss. You must feel terrible after so many years together with your woman going through happy and bad times.

But give yourself and her a break. Give her time to figure out what she really wants. And also what you want. Do you really want her back after all?

If you look through several threads here on ES you'll find out that many relationships of foreigners to Egyptians are failing. So there is some hope . Maybe your girl is just in a process like she got bored and wants to experience something else......

And if she comes back after a month or so, crying her heart out and you'll be there for her - what can a woman ask more for in a man? If you are coming back together, figure things out and what went sour in your relationship.

If she doesn't return to you...... everyone knows its hard - but you have to move on with your life.

Again, I am very sorry for the pain you're going through right now. Hope you have some good friends who help you through these difficult times.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 18 August 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Mike

I am really sorry to read your post today..it is not often we hear from the third party in your situation in these relationships...your pain just now is hard to imagine.

The tuth is it is very unlikely this new relationship will work out and your Rosie will need someone to help her pick up the pieces when it all goes wrong. Your relationship will never be the same again but she is going to need a friend ...hope you can be there for her. In the meantime there is absolutely nothing you can do or say that will make her see sense that is just the way these things go. It is very hard to understand the madness that takes over but that is what it is.

If you have read here how some of the scams work...and she is very vunerable to this situation...then perhaps you can watch out for this and protect her from making any big mistakes.
Read up here an ORFI marriages as you can be sure this is what she will have to do and then if you want to talk to her when she comes back then this is a good place to start. I am not a crude lady but I have only one way of describing the ORFI contract...it is a F.... contract nothing more.

Sorry Mike this is really tough situation.
Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear mike,
first of all let me tell you that i am very sorry for you - and rosie too! because she cannot see at the moment what does it mean to live in an arab and moslem world! You can be born in - but never understand it!
you must know, that these guys in luxor and some other tourist places in egypt want to have just one thing: free sex, mostly money and if possible a visa to europe - nothing else. the idea is to have a a chance of a better life, what is to understand, but the way how the do it, is mostly not acceptable.
rosie still now is blind for the real situation and believe in one of these men. the thruth is, that most of the egyptian men have the target to marry an egyptian woman. mostly they marry a cousine or someone who is choosed by the family. if you marry in egypt, you marry a family, not only the man. a life quite allone with a man is not possible, the other members of the family will allways come and visit, you are never allone! for a eg. woman its normal to stay always with the family, for a european not!
its not seldom that a mans family know that the son makes his experience with an european woman, because its not possible to make experience with an eg. woman! the family accept what he is doing, because he is a MAN and to f...... a non muslim girl is not a shame!
different, if he wants to be with a moslem woman: he has to marry her with full responsibility before he has any chance to have sex with her.
as soon as rosie wakes up, give her the chance to be her friend - she will need one!
take care of you and forget her!
from aischa with love
quote:
Originally posted by Mike - Lost:
I have lost my partner of the last six years to a Luxor lover.

It started with my special girl going on holiday a month ago, and a holiday romance started in the last few days on a cruise ship on the Nile she was with her Mother and Sister.
She flies out today, no good byes no tears, 95% of all personal belongings left at our home.

It has taken me a month to figure it all out ? I have also found out about my self in the process, of thought and through the pain of losing my special girl.

Do holiday romances work ? My girl has also been searching the Internet ! How do you marry a Egyptian man? And other clues came to light.

The worst thing about all this is my Girl is not aware that I know, and she knows that she can return home, to the safety and support that I have given her over the last six years in our relationship, which was so strog.

I have gone through such pain and hurt, but I know that I am a strong person and will come out a better person, with or with out my special girl.

So if any ones sees my special girl, and goes by the name of Rosemary (Rosie) 5" 6" black hair and very beautiful, tell her I love her, and to take care.

Thank you.

Mike - Lost

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike. I feel your pain which is a bit hypocritical of me as I caused similar pain to someone else. The moral minority recommended that my husband threw me out as being a being slut or that I should be stoned to death for adultery. You are more forgiving and a much nicer person.

You can rest assured that unless she has the money to build a block of flats, start a business or provide a visa to a better life then she will be back. This is Luxor. BUT and this is the big BUT. That may take time. During that time you might be lucky enough to find someone else to share your life with. If that happens then do not put your life on hold for someone who has gone - grab at life and enjoy it. It's not a trial run. You only get one go at it. (Well only one that you can remember anyway).

I came back - but only half time and it took me years to do it. My husband is my best friend. I consider myslelf lucky to be with him. Fortunately he considers himself lucky to be with me.

I have a marriage which has lasted a life-time through thick and thin. It is strange that the people who give up and spend their lives alone and in misery searching for the ideal partner are the same ones who say "Be a man", "stop being a "door mat".

Why does compassion always have to be a sign of weakness rather than a sign of strength. Had those that chose to let their pride rule their brains,been stronger and more forgiving they may not have had to go back into the meat market that trying to find a new partner can become.

I hope she comes back to you but I am sure that there will be many more women who will appreciate that what you have to offer is far better than the illusion of happiness that the Luxor Lovers offer to their extremely gullible partners. (Me included).

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike..

If your girl left the relationship, either for a Luxor gigamagic or else...it tells me that she was not happy anymore..something went 'off'...a 'change of heart' maybe?

I can't comprehend someone just going off like that because they were hit by 'thunder love'unless they were 'ready' for it!

Wether you forgive her or not when and if she comes back is not the issue..the issue is :

There are signs when a relationship is going downhill...and I think you need CLOSURE...you need to understand what went wrong for your own peace of mind, that is.

She owed you the RESPECT to tell you that things were not going well anymore, before she fell for someone else. At least that is my personal humble opinion...

It is grand of you to wish her the best!

Wishing YOU the best.....

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 18 August 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
It is strange that the people who give up and spend their lives alone and in misery searching for the ideal partner are the same ones who say "Be a man", "stop being a "door mat".

???????.........I said that...and your point is???....WAS THAT DIRECTED AT ME ...or were you speaking in general ...I would really apreciate it if you could clarify. ...I cant wait to reply

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not mean you personally natashsah as I know from experience just how verbally violent you can get. I am not looking for a fight with anybody and it was a general comment.

BUT I'm just sick to the back teeth of Blunt type fights AND of those screwed up individuals who always say that they cannot ever forgive infidelity under any cicumstances. To them sex is the only thing in life and in a relationship. They condemn themselves to years of miserable man hunting on the internet because hubby strayed and they could not forgive him.

They will even tolerate being beaten etc., but if he ends up in someone else's bed then string him up or drown her in the Nile. There is a line on YE about what to do with a man who is a good husband and is violent. To me those terms are mutually exclusive. Personally I would rather have one that has strayed into someone else's bed and then was then sorry for it rather than one who has beaten me and kids up. Where is the morality in that when I am in the hospital being stitched up. But, we are all different.

If Mike can forgive his partner that is up to him. I wish him well and think that she us lucky to have found (and maybe lost) such a man. It is an under-confident mouse, not a man, who cannot find it in his heart to accept the failings of others.

Sorry Mike but if people are looking for a fight I will not contribute to this line again.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Glad you cleared that up ...Mike should take the time to reflect and study himself!...Its ok to be forgiving and accepting a person back into your life ...if your heart is big enough...but then one should not in future through the mistakes back into that persons face.So if you forgive...you must forget permanently.Dont remind the person about what he or she has done in the past if you have an argument.Unfortunatelly we women are much stronger in certain ways...but men just have that tendency to live in the past.Im not saying Mike is that type....but will he really be able to trust her again?We can forgive and forget but what about the trust?...I can live without a lot of things but I cant live without trust...if someone betrays me once...I will forgive but Im sorry ...he/she will stay in the back of my head.Thats just me!

arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
god, i've never heard of such an emasculated man before. no wonder she left you! i wonder if you realize how pathetic you sound? if you like being a cuckold, then go to one of their forums.

wait!
something seems strange about your post. i thing you are just trying to get a rise out of some of us. you sound fake to me! you're probably just one of our more troublesome members trying to stir up trouble.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God!!
You’ve been living with her for 6 years, and another guy took her from you in a week? , How fragile your relationship with her was?

Well he might be another Egyptian scam artist, but hey he have given her in couple days what you couldn’t in 6 years
6 years and you didn’t know what she really wanted, and this loxurelover, knew it all in one day,
She is you special one ???? You couldn’t even call her your GIRLFRIEND; she was nothing for you to start with
You know something < I think you either a hero who can live with someone who is security planning to marry someone else, or you are very desperate to keep what wasn’t yours in the first place

Hey man!! Be a man, and act like one

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Isn't it strange how people read things in different ways. I must live in a far more pleasant world than Arx and Walsafty.

Mike makes a statement that his partner has gone off with somone else. I can see no sign of someone being a trouble maker in that statememnt. There was not one word of abuse in it or even any signs of anger. Just of confusion. But so far the man has had a lot of abuse back. Why would he bother to post here again.

I think that there are a lot of troublemakers on the forum and they did not go under the name of Mike - perhaps the identity of Blunt will become more clear as time goes on.

Unless you live in Luxor is it impossible to comment on or understand what happens here. Dreamcatcher put it very well and she suffered dreadfully for it from nasty minded individuals who really do not have a life even though some of them repeatedly tell others that they should find one.

welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Isn't it strange how people read things in different ways. I must live in a far more pleasant world than Arx and Walsafty.

Mike makes a statement that his partner has gone off with somone else. I can see no sign of someone being a trouble maker in that statememnt. There was not one word of abuse in it or even any signs of anger. ............ome of them repeatedly tell others that they should find one.

Who ?? Why ?? What ?? When ?
Did I say anything about abuse, trouble making, or anger? Maybe I did, in a different world!!.... the only thing I said was that Mike have lived with this Girl for 6 years and still couldn’t call her his girlfriend, although that he have described the relation to have been very strong

I suggested that she may have found in this Luxorlover guy what she didn’t have with Mike, and after that HE WANT someone to tell HIS SPECIAL GIRL that he loves her, I am sorry to say that < but for the first time I agree with arx, this guy is pathetic or to be precise “emasculated

But hey I appreciate you thinking of me while posting your reply anyway

oh and Mike: don’t wait for her, she isn’t coming back, and even if this turned out to be a fling, the way she left you so easily , suggests that even if she came back she wont come back for you , maybe you can take it on your pride, I wouldn’t , so my advice to you is to move on, think of the time you have spent with here, don’t do the same mistake again ( with someone else)

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike - Lost
Member # 5085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike - Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lost my partner of the last six years to a Luxor lover. 2

I read with interest and understanding of the views given on the ES forum, and I respect the different individual views but I know that I am not a inveigle fool or a emasculated person as I know that I am not inadequate or a weak person.

I also did not join the ES forum for sympathy or to stir up trouble with other members, if other members have got this impression, my sincere apologias.

Life has taught me some very valuable lessons in the past, and in the last few weeks have made self discoveries about how I have been treated, that will change my life. This not to do with Rosie, but something completely different, I also found out the true meaning of being in love with some one, and I still love Rosie and I can forgive her and understand that she must find herself in life, just like I have discover my new self in the last few weeks, so I will wait and give us both time over the next few months.

The pain I have is still there, it is not the pain of anger or hatred or even the cruel things that have happen to me or perhaps to Rosie as she must be experiencing some sort of pain, for what has happened in her life.
The pain I have is quite simple, it's the pain of being truly in love! With that very special girl Rosie, or as other like to put it girlfriend.

I am going a way for a few days, to think and wonder about the future for the new life I am about to start, with or with out Rosie as it will be her choice to return, I have made my choice I can forgive Rosie and other people around me for what has happened.

Finally if any ones sees that special girl, tell her I love her, and to take care.

Thanks

Mike - Lost

Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will look out for her and if i see her i will tell her that you love her. Is she Scottish?
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
It was Arx that accused him of being a trouble maker not you Welsafty. You just told him more or less that he was a waste of space in a man's world. Somewhat harsh maybe?

Sciascia75
Member # 5104

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sciascia75     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hej Man,
in Italy we have a saying: " when the Pope died.... people make another one", sound harsh, but that's how life goes.
Cheer up and think about the future.

Bye

Posts: 25 | From: Roma, Italy --> Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Mike you are on the right track. As I mentioned earlier, take your time, think, figure things out for yourself - if Rosie comes back or not.

Good luck.............

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pondered
Member # 5222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pondered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with walsafty on this. The relationship was obviously not working if it only took a few days to fall for someone else, and I also find it strange that you chose to call her your "special girl".

I have to disagree with alot of posts which have dismissed the relationship she has with the egyptian as not going to work. It is a generalisation. Many of my friends have fallen in love and married egyptians and are still happy to this day.

I think it is time you moved on, you will find someone else to love just as much, although it doesn't seem like it now.

Posts: 16 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com