EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » started the apt. search - advice needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: started the apt. search - advice needed
jlittle
Member # 5105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlittle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I've spent two days wandering around with the simbsab (sp?) in Zamalek. I saw some places that I liked. The one I liked best was a two-bedroom. 7th floor. Nile views. Two nice living rooms and bedrooms, but the bathrooms and kitchen were a bit shabby - as they were in even the more expensive places I looked. Outside of the apartment, the building seemed pretty rundown. The guy told me the price is 5000 LE.

Where to go from here? The apartment agencey (Sally's, as I think it's called) has a sign saying they take a 10% fee for the monthly rent.

What price should I offer? Should I go around and point out all the little faults and then offer something like 4200 LE provided that they are taken care of? Should I try to get the owner to pay half the agent fee?

Any advice is appreciated.

Posts: 33 | From: Beirut | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noiretblanc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JLittle, I am Spanish and I will move to Cairo in two weeks. For months I have been getting info about everything related to Cairo and receiving advise from many people from this forum. Please, try to find other post I wrote about RENT A FLAT IN CAIRO and you will find many useful posts.

Firstly: a simzar will tell you a very high price. It is better to contact with the owner directly. In my opinion you can find something very nice and confortable in a nice area for around 2000-2500 LE.Everybody suggested to do a foot search and ask the doormen in front of the buildings about the empty flats to rent. As far as I understood, they will help you to contact the owner.

Secondly: analyze the neighbourhood in which you want to live very carefully. As far as I've been told: Zamalek, Maadi, Manyal, Mohadissen, Garden City, Heliopolis are the classy areas and therefore, apartments are more expensive (I am not talking about 2000 dollars, but about 3000-4000 LE as most). Somebody told me that for 250 euros it is easy to find a very nice and confortable flat with facilities and in a good neighbourhood.

Thirdly: I highly recommend to you some web sites just to give you an idea about flats: www.e-dar.com / www.trenta.net / www.eqary.net. The flats they show are overpriced but you can find apartmets at a moderate price in my opinion.

Good luck and tell us more about your search!!
nuaretblanc@yahoo.es

Posts: 182 | From: Madrid, SPAIN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlittle
Member # 5105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlittle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, **** . I meant 3000 LE.
Posts: 33 | From: Beirut | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noiretblanc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are some useful posts to begin with your search:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum5/HTML/001272.html
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum5/HTML/001065.html

Posts: 182 | From: Madrid, SPAIN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
This is another one: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/003669.html
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
And the last one: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/003669.html
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Visit also this useful link.

http://www.escapeartist.com/efam18/Living_In_Cairo.html

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what rentingt in 6th october city.. i heard the rent is really cheap there....

any thoughts...

brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Brian, in my opinion it is too far from the town...it depends on what are you going to do in Cairo (studying or working in the town or writing at home) and of course in your preferences (if you like to go out at night...bad election in my opinion). Good luck!
bellarosanna
Member # 5229

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellarosanna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,
I will be living in Cairo in mid September in El Hegaz Square-can anyone please tell me about this area?
Thank you

Posts: 14 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shushi
Member # 2417

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Shushi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
There is a newspaper that comes out every Thursday, called E Wasit - there are loads of apartments for rent in there. Other than that, I find the best way is to ask the bawebs if they know of any apartments for rent - they are usually pretty good at keeping their ears to the ground.
As for El-Hegaz Square, it is in Helipolis -a very nice part of Cairo, but then I would say that seeing as how my own apartment is there.

Posts: 26 | From: Darlington, Co. Durham, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doffa
Member # 4904

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doffa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ve just brought a neat flat in ZAMALEK for an Italian girl MARIA, the flat is too big for her alone and she needs a partner

CALL her at 00393479411867
or at the appartment's phone 002027361169

Please guys, it's argent and more than important to me

or if u need a private appartment, call me at

Posts: 88 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexyman070789
Member # 14269

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexyman070789         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doffa:
I ve just brought a neat flat in ZAMALEK for an Italian girl MARIA, the flat is too big for her alone and she needs a partner

CALL her at 00393479411867
or at the appartment's phone 002027361169

Please guys, it's argent and more than important to me

or if u need a private appartment, call me at

Posts: 2 | From: Cyprus | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexyman070789
Member # 14269

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexyman070789         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to know more about you........
My name is Andreas 40 years old from Cyprus and
I travel to Cairo every month and my e-mail is andreas070789@yahoo.com
Kiss
Please sent my your Photo

Posts: 2 | From: Cyprus | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is 3 years old!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com