EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Kickboxing - specifically, or Tae Kwon Do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kickboxing - specifically, or Tae Kwon Do
desert rose
Member # 5626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for desert rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

I know there's already a topic about fighting but I'm interested specifically in kickboxing. Tae Kwon Do even, since it is related to kickboxing. I've called several gyms with no luck.

Any ideas? I'm getting flabby and desperate..step just doesn't do it for me!

Thanks

Posts: 25 | From: egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muai thai is pretty much the same as kickboxing so if you can't find any kickboxing classes then look for thai boxing ones.
you could always buy some gloves and a punch bag and practice that way.

Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desert rose
Member # 5626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for desert rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply. They are quite related but I can't find anywhere that teaches it either.
Posts: 25 | From: egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlittle
Member # 5105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlittle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, I don't know why he mentioned Muay Thai if he doesn't have an idea of a gym in Cairo.
Posts: 33 | From: Beirut | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melfenien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've got a problem with finding a gym I suggest you jogging. You can do it everywhere (almost ) and you don't need special equipment. I've been a long distance runner for a few years and believe me - you can go running even in such a hot country as Egypt - I've practised it
Posts: 274 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melfenien:
If you've got a problem with finding a gym I suggest you jogging. You can do it everywhere (almost ) and you don't need special equipment. I've been a long distance runner for a few years and believe me - you can go running even in such a hot country as Egypt - I've practised it

You can do it everywhere???
So where do you go running? I've been a long distance runner for years, too, and I am frustrated that the only place in Cairo where I can run is the treadmill.

desert rose, my gym offers kickboxing classes, but I think you have to be a member.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melfenien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Egypt I was running along the beaches, it's more tiring, the climate is much warmer so hour was enough for me there In Poland you can run as I said everywhere, every day I run through housing estates and wood. Sometimes I can hear some stupid comments but I've learned to ignore them.
You haven't got beaches and woods in Cairo but why don't you try it in the suburbs or along the road? THe place is not important, the most important things are keeping fit, enjoying what you do and winning the races! Wish you luck.

Posts: 274 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah - I assumed you were living in Cairo.

I live in the middle of Cairo, and running on the streets here would not be a pleasant experience, LOL. Not only because of the harrassment you would get but also because the air is so extremely polluted. I've seen people run in Heliopolis or Maadi, but those places are far out.

In Europe I do the same as you ... I run everywhere, even in the streets if there is no park nearby, but in Cairo - no way.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desert rose
Member # 5626

Rate Member
I found it!! Gold's Gym in Giza..twice a week. Just went tonight, almost broke a finger but I feel great

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com