EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What difference egypt search made

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What difference egypt search made
freeman
Member # 2671

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for freeman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello Old and new members,

it is really nice to have a chance to post something over here, I had the intention long time ago, but I couldn't find much space. it not like I am the busy man .
I had my times when I stood in front of the screen for hours and hours ,having nothing else to do except posting and replying over the egypt search and other forums.

the point to my post is to know what egypt search have done to members ,for me egypt search was a great site , gave me the chance to meet very nice respectable people and it hepled me getting over my bad times which was a year ago.
I just wannna thank all my freinds over the Egypt search and which them all the best .
God Bless

Posts: 482 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well, ES didn't change me as a person though the time I spent in Egypt did.

I am just a member here for 8 months but I really enjoy this site. To share informations and views with other "Egypt-lovers" makes much fun and brings me closer again to the country I dearly love so much.

I pray to come back one day and live there again.

Until then ES is my fav site on the internet.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freeman
Member # 2671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for freeman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Well, ES didn't change me as a person though the time I spent in Egypt did.

I am just a member here for 8 months but I really enjoy this site. To share informations and views with other "Egypt-lovers" makes much fun and brings me closer again to the country I dearly love so much.

I pray to come back one day and live there again.

Until then ES is my fav site on the internet.

thank you tiger for you post.
may I ask what stops you from coming to egypt?

Posts: 482 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats a nice question Freeman. Like you I have met many really nice people through Egypt search and there are some I truly hope I get to meet one day in real life.

ES has helped me learn many things about Egypt, Islam, culture and customs. There have been times when I needed support and certainly found it here.

ES is great at opening your eyes if you are in a relationship with an Egyptian. But sometimes this can be detrimental in that it has made me question my relationship and sometimes doubt when it was not due and created tensions that were not necessary.

Likewise I have sometimes felt ...based on things I have read here that I needed to conform to a steriotype of what an Egyptian man wants in a wife. I bought this up with my husband recently and his answer was to be the woman he fell in love with and to go and do the things I want to do. He trusts me does not want me stuck in the home and does not give a dam if I do not cook the dinner.

Es remains for me a great site and has become part of the day to dip in and out to see what is going on.

Best wishes to all members at this special time

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[/b][/QUOTE]
thank you tiger for you post.
may I ask what stops you from coming to egypt?

[/B][/QUOTE]

Freeman, thanks for your question. Well, we move where my husband gets an assignment next. And since we are by now a considered large family for German standards - with three children - its just enough money and time to come on vacation once or twice a year.

Penny: I want to congratulate on your marriage. I can imagine it must be sometimes tough to find the right balance regarding relationship issues especially if both partners have different cultural backgrounds. It looks like you both made it work. Good luck for the future.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Thats a nice question Freeman. Like you I have met many really nice people through Egypt search and there are some I truly hope I get to meet one day in real life.

ES has helped me learn many things about Egypt, Islam, culture and customs. There have been times when I needed support and certainly found it here.

ES is great at opening your eyes if you are in a relationship with an Egyptian. But sometimes this can be detrimental in that it has made me question my relationship and sometimes doubt when it was not due and created tensions that were not necessary.

Likewise I have sometimes felt ...based on things I have read here that I needed to conform to a steriotype of what an Egyptian man wants in a wife. I bought this up with my husband recently and his answer was to be the woman he fell in love with and to go and do the things I want to do. He trusts me does not want me stuck in the home and does not give a dam if I do not cook the dinner.

Es remains for me a great site and has become part of the day to dip in and out to see what is going on.

Best wishes to all members at this special time

Ditto ditto

You took the words straight out of my mouth Penny. My husband always knows when ES has undermined my view. But he is very understanding likewise and knows there are so many men who do fit the sterotype that it is understandable that doubts arise. He teases me a lot about it and jokes he has to wash my brain.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freeman
Member # 2671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for freeman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Ditto ditto

You took the words straight out of my mouth Penny. My husband always knows when ES has undermined my view. But he is very understanding likewise and knows there are so many men who do fit the sterotype that it is understandable that doubts arise. He teases me a lot about it and jokes he has to wash my brain.

hello akshar,
do you have a clue where is debbie , monica and the others

DazedAndConfused
Member # 5216

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DazedAndConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
------

[This message has been edited by DazedAndConfused (edited 17 October 2004).]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DazedAndConfused
Member # 5216

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DazedAndConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DazedAndConfused:

monica : http://www.youregypt.com/forum/

I just trie it and the forum seems to be down, Hopefully not for long.

Debbie: http://www.egyptsearch.com http://egypttalk.net/ http://egyptmad.com/

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ak
quote:
Originally posted by freeman:
hello akshar,
do you have a clue where is debbie , monica and the others

Debbie is mainly on Egypt Talk although she does pop in here
Monica on Your Egypt haven't seen her for a while
Shareen still reads here as does Moll and Donya but only occassionaly. You will see them on ET and EM

Those are the ones i am in touch with outside the forum.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com