EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Work in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Work in Cairo
drewhalim
Member # 5760

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for drewhalim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I am a British National visiting cairo and I am looking into the possibility of stayinggg for a few years so the issue of work has come up. I need suggestions of where I could work / companies etc. I am a recent law gradute from London, although my law degree doesnt mean much with regard to law here..but that doesn't bother me as I am not reall worried about law whatsoever. I am NOT however interested in teaching whatsoever so thinking about office work, hotels or banking, or embassies? Any ideas where I could look for sources of work / info. The problem with the egyptian currency means I would be asking for more than the average person as I have expenses back in London and incase I ever decide to go back having some savings would help.

I'm new to this forum so be kind! ;-) Thanks for all your replies...in advance.

Andrew

[This message has been edited by drewhalim (edited 03 November 2004).]

Posts: 2 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewhalim
Member # 5760

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewhalim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody got any advice to hep me at all?
I really would appreciate your replies as I want to advance in looking for work. If you need to know anymore info then don't hesitate in asking.

Posts: 2 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wolfy
Member # 5552

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wolfy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi andrew,what's up?i have a jop for speakers english,but the office need girls,haha,anyway,i iwish i can help you,why not to teatch english?look,im looking for speakers english to talk with,if you will be intrested,im Ali from jordan,living in cairo,i want you to know,i wanna improve my english
Posts: 62 | From: amman | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew

Cairo is a great place to live, but yeah, you're right, the local wages are pretty dire if you ever plan on returning to the UK with your savings. You would ideally like to secure a position with a British firm in Cairo that would pay you an expat wage. Usually, you need to apply for such positions back home but you never know in a place like Egypt...

Approach the British Embassy in Garden City and ask for a contact list of the types of local British firms you're interested in working for and proceed from there.

I understand your reluctance to go down the English-teaching path - it's definitely not for everyone and can severely test your patience and tolerance, especially if you're teaching a class of ratbag kids who can never shut up and settle down!

Best of luck.

Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HappyKat
Member # 5744

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HappyKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali,

you mentioned at your workplace they are in need of female english speakers... i'm a native english speaker and eagerly seeking work here in Cairo... do you have an email address i can contact you on?

look forward to your response!

Posts: 3 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com