EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » what are you thinking for the turkish people?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what are you thinking for the turkish people?
hodaifa
Member # 5739

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for hodaifa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone

i am a turkish boy. what are you know for turkey? it is very important for me because i want to be reis ed devle et turkiyye.

please answer this questions only your thinks is important)

* what is the religion of turkey?
* how is the education system in turkey?
* is the turkish army strong?
* is the turkish economy strong?

Posts: 20 | From: turkey | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hodaifa... my experience of Turkish people is limited, but I hope this helps...
I have just finished teaching 3 Turkish ppl to dive, thats it!!
Most are muslim, I believe??
Education system?? No idea, but these 3 people spoke very good English, and were very quick learners!!
Army and economy?? No idea!!
But the people were very funny and enjoyed life a lot!! They were very nice to work with!!
Maybe this is not much help, but it's all I've got!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think,

1- No state religion - Turkey is a secular state since MKA
2- How? in what way?
3- The turkish army - el hamdullilah - is very strong
4- The turkish economy is also very strong.

:-)

Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbas8z
Member # 5547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbas8z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1-islam
2-compare to where?
3-compare to whom? i think its too dependant on america and israel.
4-its average but could be better.

Posts: 28 | From: usa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never met a Turkish person
Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hodaifa
Member # 5739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hodaifa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for messages

more thanks you primak.

now the reised devle et turkiyye "regep tayyip erdogan" and he is a good muslim, different from before's. Now the target of turkey is creating to europa states.

demografy of military is too much: 1 000 000. but the technical power is not very high. there isnt nucleers.

education: maybe our education is better than europa and usa. our lessons of high school are in the usa's and germany's university. but our universities aren't enough.

the last one: all the moslims are believing this: " the religion of islam will live with turkey.

are you believing this??????

Posts: 20 | From: turkey | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Erdogan is a good muslim, good for him, but Turkey should remain a secular state if Turkey wants to progress and join the EU -It is thanks to M.K Ataturk that Turkey made it's first step into the civilized world.

What do you mean by " the religion of islam will live with turkey" -?
Do you speak/read/understand arabic fluently?...

Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hodaifa
Member # 5739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hodaifa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now the religion of islam very bad in the eyes of world. people know this: moslims are dirty, stupid, mad.

and they know too this: turkey has got the powerly young demografy. there isnt in europa. there is sex alchol cigarattes komunism nihilism...........

yani

ed dini islamiyye savfe yu7hashir tani 7inde ed devle et turkiyye

fehemni???

quote:
Originally posted by primak:
Maybe Erdogan is a good muslim, good for him, but Turkey should remain a secular state if Turkey wants to progress and join the EU -It is thanks to M.K Ataturk that Turkey made it's first step into the civilized world.

hodaifa
Member # 5739

Rate Member
now the religion of islam very bad in the eyes of world. people know this: moslims are dirty, stupid, mad.

and they know too this: turkey has got the powerly young demografy. there isnt in europa. there is sex alchol cigarattes komunism nihilism...........

yani

ed dini islamiyye savfe yu7hashir tani 7inde ed devle et turkiyye

fehemni???

quote:

hodaifa
Member # 5739

Rate Member
now the religion of islam is bad in the eyes of world.

people are knowing: moslim is dirty, lazy, stupid, mad.

if the turkey joins EU, all the world will see this: moslims has got a family, they are clean and thinking the others.

alashen heze , ene eoul kida: ed dini islamiyye savfe yu7hasher fi ed devle et turkiyye... 7inshaallah

fehemni????

quote:

primak
Member # 494

quote:
Originally posted by hodaifa:
now the religion of islam is bad in the eyes of world.

people are knowing: moslim is dirty, lazy, stupid, mad.

if the turkey joins EU, all the world will see this: moslims has got a family, they are clean and thinking the others.

alashen heze , ene eoul kida: ed dini islamiyye savfe yu7hasher fi ed devle et turkiyye... 7inshaallah

fehemni????

Nobody said anything about Islam, or muslims, but in my opinion all religions should be personal, and one shouldn't say that this country is christian or this country is muslim or this other is budhist..
And one last thing, Islam has nothing to prove to anybody, muslims should stop beeing obsessed with proving Islam all the time or what Islam stands for..otherwise, muslims look as if they are very unsure of their beliefs.

primak
Member # 494

If Turkey lets down secularism, then habibi, you are lost. Remember the ottoman empire?
Same applies to the US, the more they will become christian extremists, the more they will lose - religions should be kept away of national identity .

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If Turkey lets down secularism, then habibi, you are lost. Remember the ottoman empire?
Same applies to the US, the more they will become christian extremists, the more they will lose - religions should be kept away of national identity .

Dang I agree with you twice in one week. The division between church and state is the cornerstone of this country (USA) and I am so thankful.

I know several Turkish people. Intense, not as humorous, but often very forward thinking while religious. Way too nationalistic.

Though my husband would appreciate if the Turks reorganized the Islamic State, as long as a Muslim leader is in power.

Personally I look forward to vacationing in Turkey to see the winter snow.

Read a great deal on Turkish history. Great history, strong people.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YOUNG TURK
Member # 9980

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for YOUNG TURK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod,

Did you go to Turkey eventually for your holiday? How did that trip shape your previous beliefs about Turkey and the Turks?

Young Turk (formerly known as Transalp)

--------------------
Turk living and working in Cairo for the past 2 years.

Posts: 23 | From: CAIRO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought turkish has to be secular....

and has to see islam in a bad way, and have achlochol, sex, etc etc..

in order for it to "integrate" as european....

turks are nice

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YOUNG TURK
Member # 9980

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for YOUNG TURK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turks are geographically placed between Europe and Middle East. Hence, they were strongly influenced by both civilazations in good and not so good ways.

For example, 99% of Turks are muslims. However, 20% choose to be pious (i.e. pray 5 times/day, go to Hajj, fast in Ramadan, pay Zakat, never consumer alcohol, etc.), 30% are conservative (pray only on Fridays, fast in Ramadan, no alcohol in Ramadan) and the remaining 50% are muslim-light (i.e. they believe in Allah and its Prophet, but there is no practice). However, it would not be correct to say "they see Islam in a bad way".

The good thing is that everyone respects one another's way. i.e. Bars are open in Ramadan for muslim Turks who choose to go there. Yet, nobody would want to eat food in front of a fasting person in Ramadan out of courtesy, not out of fear.

What's even more interesting is that the government is lead by AKP, which is a pretty religious and conservative party. You could call them "Ikhwan Light". They call temselves "Moslem Democrats". What's important is that they are doing a great job (note: I do not support this party).

Regarding sex, again same thing. Different people look at it differently. Everybody minds their own business. i.e. a religious man would not (or should not) have pre-marital sex and he would also not accept a woman who had it. That is his choice and we must respect that. In the end, it is between 2 people and the society does not need to poke its nose into people's private affairs.

The above examples are there simply because Turkey is a secular country. Hence, religious rules bind the person but not the law, society or the government. Hence, everyone does what they like.

In other words, "I have the freedom to swing my fist as like. My fredom end where someone's nose starts."

This a is a very long subject. Hence, I will cut it short here.

--------------------
Turk living and working in Cairo for the past 2 years.

Posts: 23 | From: CAIRO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a nice post, Young Turk. Love to see variety in a country...

[Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young Turk, I find what you write about your country very refreshing to read. I very much hope that in the near future Turkey will be able to get itself into a position where it can become a menber of the EU as it will then be able to act as a bridge between East and West. When you look to the history of Turkey this is surely its correct place in the world. I see a very bright future for your country but first it must resolve it's issues over human rights.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
I see a very bright future for your country but first it must resolve it's issues over human rights.

Which are? Examples and references would help here. Thanks.
Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hodaifa,

Turkiye is a progressive country and Ataturk had a vision of a secular nation while still adhering to Islam. That is positive.
I think there are division in Turkiye as other than economic like European Turkiye vs Middle Eastern Turkiye. The cities being more urban vs the countryside steeped in 'Islamic tradition'.
I have met many Turks while attending military school training.

hoda hafez

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is highly unlikely that Turkey will be invited to join the EU. Establishing some sort of free trade zone with the EU might be more realistic at this point.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And why is that Mr Horem, unlikely?

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its unlikely because of the backlash in Europe to Muslim extremists. The two cultures are simply not compatable and there are very strong anti muslim movements underway all over europe. You will see a solid move to the right in elections in Europe over the next year of two. Events in France, the Netherlands and UK are not helping Turkey. It reflects on them whether they are guilty of it or not.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Its unlikely because of the backlash in Europe to Muslim extremists. The two cultures are simply not compatable and there are very strong anti muslim movements underway all over europe.

That's not quite true; while there are sentiments of this kind most objections are more of an economic nature.
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
That's not quite true; while there are sentiments of this kind most objections are more of an economic nature. [/QB]

I agree and the ever growing enlargement of the EU is going to force some major changes in the whole way it is run. There is never going to be a 'United States of Europe' centally run. Hence by the time Turkey comes into line to meet the joining criteria there is every possibility it will happen, which can only be a good thing to bring about some sort of stability and understanding in the region.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YOUNG TURK:
Sonomod,

Did you go to Turkey eventually for your holiday? How did that trip shape your previous beliefs about Turkey and the Turks?

Young Turk (formerly known as Transalp)

No havent gone on a vacation to Turkey.

I am trying to justify a trip to Turkey on the basis of the treatment of the Armenians.

I really can't go into Turkey with the images and recollections of Armenians in my mind.

I know I will have a mental breakdown or have sporadic panic attacks.

Can't handle it, unless I read more about Turkey that will subside my feelings about this episode.

I only wish people would evaluate their own feelings on the genocides and oppressions America has done before they make a trip/vacation/relocate to the USA.

Really I have no idea why people come to America. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com