EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » *******Helping Hand?********

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *******Helping Hand?********
Natz
Member # 5737

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Natz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone please help my in my quest?!?!?

I’m an energetic and enthusiastic 23yr old English girl who will be moving to Sharm El Sheikh in February. I’d really love to be able to find a job before I make the move but I’m finding it impossible getting any info over the internet - I’ve been on just about every Egyptian recruitment internet site and can find nothing in Sharm!

I’m looking for pretty much any kind of work but ideally something that will utilise my skills.

I have 1 ½ experience in marketing and advertising (predominately for property developers)

3 years experience in event organisation and co-hosting

3 years experience as a PA/Office Manager

9 months experience in the tourism industry

I’m fluent in English (obviously!!), have conversational French, and I am trying to learn Arabic!!!

Oh and I’m hard working, honest and very reliable!!

Would love to hear from anyone who can lend a helping hand.

Best wishes
Natalie

Posts: 15 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sharm Womens club publishes jobs on a regular basis.

Send your email address to swc@access.com.eg
and they will put you on their mailing list.

Also try the web site is www.sharmwomen.com

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natz
Member # 5737

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks for your reply Penny. I’ve just had a look at the website and the club looks like a great idea. I’d love to come along to one of the meetings, it looks like a good way to meet new friends, something that had previously worried me about moving so far away from all my friends and family, so thank you so much….!

Does anyone else know of any other ways I can look for jobs? I look at The Sinai Times every Wednesday but there’s never really too many jobs listed are there any other online papers etc?

Natalie

Posts: 15 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try: goredsea.com

They were looking for someone with your experience.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natz
Member # 5737

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks Semsema - I've already e-mailed Go Red Sea and applied for the jobs but have had no response - I can't see why as I have all the experience they needed. I just seem to be getting nowhere!

If anyone knows of any contacts in Sharm that I could e-mail my CV to I’d be really, really grateful.

Thanks

Natalie

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why dun u search for jobs in Cairo as i think it will be much easier for u to find one,Then that will give u the chance to finds jobs in sharm while in cairo.
Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natz
Member # 5737

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
Why dun u search for jobs in Cairo as i think it will be much easier for u to find one,Then that will give u the chance to finds jobs in sharm while in cairo.

Thanks for your reply SiN_iNN but I'd really like to be based in Sharm at first as I know my way around etc and know a few friends there, which (i hope) will make the whole changing countries thing a little less daunting!!!

Also could anyone please clarify something for me…..

What exactly does working in animation involve???

I may have been totally misinformed or maybe misunderstood because of the language difference but got the idea from an Egyptian friend that it involved hosting parties/events and offering your services to hotel guests (if you know what I mean!!!) in which case I’ll be making sure I don’t apply for any animation jobs!!!

thomas
Member # 1946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Natz:

hELLO
i am from london and lived in sharm for a year so can give you some ideas.

i just hope you are not moving there for a guy like i did!!!

Thanks for your reply Penny. I’ve just had a look at the website and the club looks like a great idea. I’d love to come along to one of the meetings, it looks like a good way to meet new friends, something that had previously worried me about moving so far away from all my friends and family, so thank you so much….!

Does anyone else know of any other ways I can look for jobs? I look at The Sinai Times every Wednesday but there’s never really too many jobs listed are there any other online papers etc?

Natalie

Posts: 121 | From: lomdon | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natz
Member # 5737

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by thomas:

Thomas, I'd love to hear some ideas if you have them!!! I’m really at a lost end, I search every night on the Internet and just find nothing!

Do you have an e-mail address I can contact you on or can you post the details on here? I'd really appreciate your help.

thomas
Member # 1946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there

sure but if you are going there because of a man , I doubt I can help you as you will only end up getting hurt.

I know that it sound bitter but i want you to be very careful.

my email is hkj31@hotmail.com

quote:
Thomas, I'd love to hear some ideas if you have them!!! I’m really at a lost end, I search every night on the Internet and just find nothing!

Do you have an e-mail address I can contact you on or can you post the details on here? I'd really appreciate your help.

Posts: 121 | From: lomdon | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thomas
Member # 1946

Rate Member
Hi there again

It is really best just to go there as you wont get any responses from here.

There are so many hotels in sharm and i am sure you will find something but email me on my address that i left.

quote:
Can anyone please help my in my quest?!?!?

I’m an energetic and enthusiastic 23yr old English girl who will be moving to Sharm El Sheikh in February. I’d really love to be able to find a job before I make the move but I’m finding it impossible getting any info over the internet - I’ve been on just about every Egyptian recruitment internet site and can find nothing in Sharm!

I’m looking for pretty much any kind of work but ideally something that will utilise my skills.

I have 1 ½ experience in marketing and advertising (predominately for property developers)

3 years experience in event organisation and co-hosting

3 years experience as a PA/Office Manager

9 months experience in the tourism industry

I’m fluent in English (obviously!!), have conversational French, and I am trying to learn Arabic!!!

Oh and I’m hard working, honest and very reliable!!

Would love to hear from anyone who can lend a helping hand.

Best wishes
Natalie

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com