EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Having Sex and Still be a Virgin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Having Sex and Still be a Virgin
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreigngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read all the time as to how western women are so free and how Muslim women (in Muslim country) have to refrain so much from haing sex. However, when I was in college there was a wave of Saudi Arabians that were sent to the Universities here (before the problems that we have today.) Many became my friend, and they told me that quite a few of the women engaged in some sort of sexual practice - while still being "virgins". They either had anal sex or, well, use your imaginations. This one young man said he really liked this girl back home in Saudi Arabia, but she liked girls, and supposedly was involed with this other girl. What I also found very surprising was that, rather than think of these girls as "sluts', they seemed rather non-judgmental, and were rather grateful for those girls back home that gave them anything.

I think we shouldn't be judgmental. For some people the drive is so strong that it is almost like a pain to be a long time without sex, and they really suffer. Even here in the United States, I know a guy that had such internal conflicts. He was Christian and thought he should abstain, but sometimes couldn't help himself, and the whole guilt trip would start all over again.

Posts: 145 | From: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

What you are trying to say? The individuals who are judgemental are from their own society.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparks
Member # 5939

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Sparks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is something called 'medical' help for 'oversexed' syndrome..

quote:
Originally posted by foreigngirl:
I read all the time as to how western women are so free and how Muslim women (in Muslim country) have to refrain so much from haing sex. However, when I was in college there was a wave of Saudi Arabians that were sent to the Universities here (before the problems that we have today.) Many became my friend, and they told me that quite a few of the women engaged in some sort of sexual practice - while still being "virgins". They either had anal sex or, well, use your imaginations. This one young man said he really liked this girl back home in Saudi Arabia, but she liked girls, and supposedly was involed with this other girl. What I also found very surprising was that, rather than think of these girls as "sluts', they seemed rather non-judgmental, and were rather grateful for those girls back home that gave them anything.

I think we shouldn't be judgmental. For some people the drive is so strong that it is almost like a pain to be a long time without sex, and they really suffer. Even here in the United States, I know a guy that had such internal conflicts. He was Christian and thought he should abstain, but sometimes couldn't help himself, and the whole guilt trip would start all over again.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
themindseye
Member # 5956

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for themindseye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I think it is quite sad that we should concern ourselves with things like virginity,especially with all the troubles that are going on in the world at the moment.
I am a man and I think that it is a terrible thing that a man be branded a stud for sleeping with many woman and that a woman is branded a slut for doing the same thing.
I come from a family that originally came from Egypt in the fifties and moved here to Scotland and I saw with my own eyes the emotional pain that came from my Grandfathers eastern beliefs, I will not go on about this but in reference to virgins and how people think about it is "If you were going to buy a car male or female, wouldn't you test drive it first"?

Posts: 1 | From: Glasgow,Scotland | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you make sexual contact in any manner, whether it be vaginally, orally, or anally I don't consider you as being a virgin. In some societies, being a virgin is pressed so much (especially for women) it causes many to become hypocritical, in thinking that simply keeping your hymen intact shows that you are still "untouched".

Although in islam anal sex is just as sinful as losing your virginity before marriage, its still practiced widely amongst single heterosexuals in some societies.

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreigngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just that in this forum there was so many that make it sound like Muslims/Arabs,are so intolerant, narrowminded, etc. and that what I've found by my personal experience is quite the opposite. In fact, it seems to be that the ones that are harder on women are other women.

The reason that they told me that some had anal sex is so that they could could pass off as virgins if needed.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherNewMember:
If you make sexual contact in any manner, whether it be vaginally, orally, or anally I don't consider you as being a virgin. In some societies, being a virgin is pressed so much (especially for women) it causes many to become hypocritical, in thinking that simply keeping your hymen intact shows that you are still "untouched".

Although in islam anal sex is just as sinful as losing your virginity before marriage, its still practiced widely amongst single heterosexuals in some societies.

Posts: 145 | From: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by themindseye:
Personally I think it is quite sad that we should concern ourselves with things like virginity,especially with all the troubles that are going on in the world at the moment.
I am a man and I think that it is a terrible thing that a man be branded a stud for sleeping with many woman and that a woman is branded a slut for doing the same thing.
I come from a family that originally came from Egypt in the fifties and moved here to Scotland and I saw with my own eyes the emotional pain that came from my Grandfathers eastern beliefs, I will not go on about this but in reference to virgins and how people think about it is "If you were going to buy a car male or female, wouldn't you test drive it first"?

How refreshing to meet an open-minded man. Welcome to the asylum for compulsive Egyptologists, I mean, our open forum for Egypt lovers of all sorts.

[This message has been edited by Karah_Mia (edited 01 December 2004).]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com