EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Jane, have a question for you...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jane, have a question for you...
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing exciting, but was just wondering what the flats looked like that you rent out. Are they in good shape and clean, or pretty run down from the tourists? Reason I ask is my mom and dad are coming to visit (thank God, thank God, thank God) and I would love to take my dad to Luxor. We were there for over 2 weeks at the begining of the year and it was a bit much. I mean, I was wondering if we missed doing things, you know? I just was bored after the 4th day and it seemed like there was nothing else to look at. Soooo, can you recommend a good flat and some places to visit that we missed maybe? Don't know if my husband will be here or on the ship by then so it might just be 3 adults and 2 kids--probably for the middle of Jan or the begining of March. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stacia you can look at Jane's flats at www.flatsinluxor.co.uk
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PRchick
Member # 4794

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for PRchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane's flats are beautiful. Spacious, well appointed, beautiful furniture and the wrap around balcony with rantan furniture is to die for. And very clean.
Posts: 225 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow thanks girls seems like I am going to have to put you on commission. Both the girls have visited the flats so know them. Shareen has actually stayed in them so could give a personal reference.

Stacia our flats are just over a year old so not run down at all. In fact we are still adding things, pool table on the roof terrace was the latest. The photos are on the web site but people have said they don't do justice to the flats, they are even bigger than it shows.

I can certainly recommend places to visit, things that aren't in the guide book and fun things like a donkey ride over the Theban ridge. Drop me an email and I will send you some ideas.

But check my availability on the site as I am very booked up during the time period you mentioned although there are some slots free.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personal reference?
Lol, ok, Jane's flats are really very good. They are spacious and well furnished and the view from the balconies is second to none. There is something special about waking in the mornings, leaning over the balcony and asking for someone to get fresh bread, then eating breakfast with a view to die for. The pool is fabulous. Quite small, but still big enough to be able to swim properly, and the jacuzzis are wonderful. The pool area is well sheltered and far away from prying eyes, and my friend and i spent many a pleasant evening with a gin and tonic and our feet dangling in the floodlit pool chatting away ten to the dozen.
I do have to say though that there is a huge difference between staying on the West Bank and staying on the East Bank. I have done the flat thing on both banks and it is an entirely different experience. Much more laid back on the West. And the people in the village very quickly got to know my friend and I, even the ticket man at the ferry knew exactly who we were. The ferry to the East Bank runs very frequently, and at only 1LE for tourists its a cheap and fun way of crossing over. The flats are about a 10 minute walk from the ferry, and we managed to walk it successfully every day in the July heat!
Oh, and for those Brits among you, it is possible to cook a full English Sunday lunch complete with fillet of beef and Yorkshire puddings in Jane's flats!
I would highly recommend Jane's flats to anyone.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm sold...hopefully we can start planning so I can get a space. I didn't realize there was a difference between the sides of the banks. We stayed at the Sofitel Winter Palace and it was absolutely beautiful. The gardens and pools were the the best. The rooms weren't "grand" but they were very spacious and clean. We had a view of the Nile so it was great to have coffee every morning and watch the hotel boats move around.

Jane I will email you when we can all agree on a date. The donkey ride might be something my boys would enjoy but I don't think I'd see my mom again if I got here within 10 feet of one!

Thanks for all the help.

[This message has been edited by Stacia (edited 08 December 2004).]

Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane, too cool........I checked out the website and you have room!!!!!! I'm gonna make final plans and then reserve--thanks again!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com