EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Sense of life...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sense of life...
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday night a friend of mine resumed me sense of life.
He said:
"listen to your heart and feel free."

what do you think?

Posts: 207 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nike:
He said:

what do you think?

Personal point of view:

The whole thing (LIFE) doesn't make any sense to me.

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He said:

what do you think?

It depends...sometimes is true what your friend had said ...but are some situations when you must listen your brain not your heart.

Best regards

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i spent many years of my life 'listening to my heart and feeling free!' - did not work for me!

Different strokes.

Peace

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
Personal point of view:

SiN_iNN
you re back!!!

Dear SiN_iNN, I m absolutely sure time will come you will see a sense...
It just needs time...

Posts: 207 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm...

Of course our head is very important (LOL), to think wether something is wrong or right, or what is better to do... and to console ourselves...

I think, I will try listening to my heart and feeling free, and I will use my head when I need it...

other propositions about sense of life??

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
SiN_iNN
you re back!!!

Dear SiN_iNN, I m absolutely sure time will come you will see a sense...
It just needs time...

What makes sense in our life ????

It's just a holy trinty ...
Work
Play
Breed

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He said:

what do you think?

Maybe it is possible at certain stages of life...when you are young and then again when you are much older. When you are stuck in the bit in the middle then it is not possible...to many responsabilities.
So enjoy your time while you are young Niki because at some point most of us have to keep our feet on the ground and use our heads not our hearts.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melfenien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally sent by SiNN_iNN:

Posts: 274 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melfenien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally sent by Nike:
He said:
what do you think?

Have you seen Monty Python's film: "Sense of life". It's English sense of humour - it's great

What about listening to your heart? Yes, if you listened to your heart all the time you'd be happy all the time - you would do and have everything what you desired. But sometimes we need to to forget about our hearts.
Well, from what I said we shouldn't forget about it but... And here's my questions: why shouldn't we actually listen to our hearts???

Posts: 274 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by melfenien:
[QUOTE]Originally sent by Nike:
He said:
what do you think?

Have you seen Monty Python's film: "Sense of life". It's English sense of humour - it's great

What about listening to your heart? Yes, if you listened to your heart all the time you'd be happy all the time - you would do and have everything what you desired. But sometimes we need to to forget about our hearts.
Well, from what I said we shouldn't forget about it but... And here's my questions: why shouldn't we actually listen to our hearts???
[/QUOTE]

Does heart speaks :P

melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
ok, I'll say this in other words, though you know what I mean
Should we always use our brain and think everything over, or follow our feelings???

saloma
Member # 5958

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saloma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nike,
"Listen to your heart and feel free" works only under one condition: You have a "white" heart and only good intensions in your heart. I assume that this was the idea of such a saying. Otherwise, we always should use the rest of our "gifts" received from God. For sure, if we didnt need our mind, God wouldnt provide as with such "unuseful" stuff.
regards
saloma

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
ok, I'll say this in other words, though you know what I mean
Should we always use our brain and think everything over, or follow our feelings???

Feelings miss leads us, Simply cause it's just a feeling.

of course we should use our brain and think.

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Aren't we using our minds now to find out whether we should listen to our heart or mind.

I rest my case.

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by melfenien:

I don t know this film, but I really love Monty Python!!! (Bryans life!!! )

why shouldn't we actually listen to our hearts???

mmm... I think we should always listen to our heart I really believe we can trust our heart. Of course we will feel pain too, as other people won t always react the way our heart desires, in this case our head can help us much.
I rather trust my heart than my head (as I m very stupid... LOL)

But it s a very interesting question. Even more as it s our heads which will look for an answer

Best wishes
Nike

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Saloma

you are right, our brain is a precious gift.
We need to listen to both, our heart and our brain...
But when shall we use whichhone of both???

Nike

saloma
Member # 5958

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saloma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nike ,
"But when shall we use whichhone of both???"
In my opinion the answer is "never". We are human beings with both heart and mind and we shall use it both at the same time at every single situation.
It means when we are in love, however its hard from its nature, we also should use our mind in order to assess the reality..
And at the same time, when we make business decisions we should also take the human aspect of impact on others into consideration. However its also hard...
But this is what distincts as from the animals...
saloma

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by saloma:
[B]Nike ,
"But when shall we use whichone of both???"
In my opinion the answer is "never". We are human beings with both heart and mind and we shall use it both at the same time at every single situation.

On the other hand sometimes it s quite difficult to use both...
In my case it s almost impossible as my mind mostly tells me the opposite of my heart! LOL
Actually during the last years I ve been living conforming to my head and it made me suffer as I never did what I wanted...
Ahhh... it s probably because during life I ve filled my head with false rules?

mmm... quite confusing!

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by melfenien:

I don t know this film, but I really love Monty Python!!! (Bryans life!!! )

It's actually called "The meaning of life" http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0085959/

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:It's actually called "The meaning of life"

Sorry! I was suggested by Polish translation.

Hey, about listening to our feelings. I think they're often right. Don't you sometimes say: "I've got a feeling that... (she's home/he's not telling the truth/she must have troubles/.../...)"? So if you feel like doing or saying osmething just do it - I think feelings are not misleading.

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hey, about listening to our feelings. I think they're often right. Don't you sometimes say: "I've got a feeling that... (she's home/he's not telling the truth/she must have troubles/.../...)"? So if you feel like doing or saying osmething just do it - I think feelings are not misleading.[/B]

Hi Melfenien
I think it too.
I think that some people can understand clearly their feelings, and so they know what to do, while others, who try to live using rules, can t notice their feelings and so they don t really know, what to do... and there are also those who trust in their rules, and so they know again what to do... LOL
have I forgotten a category?

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Hi Melfenien
I think it too.
I think that some people can understand clearly their feelings, and so they know what to do, while others, who try to live using rules, can t notice their feelings and so they don t really know, what to do... and there are also those who trust in their rules, and so they know again what to do... LOL
have I forgotten a category?

"Feelings and mind"
Isn't all of that about taking the righjt decison ???
I think that we all agree that most of the right decision are the business ones ...dun u agree..
When there is business meeting and they are think of some issue to take a decision .. wt do they ask each other ... wt do u think about it ??? or wt do u feel about it ???
I think not feel that they go by the 2nd choice

Personal point of view ....

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear SiN_iNN

If you had a girlfriend and you weren t sure about your... feelings. I don t think you could find out an answer about wether you love her or not using your mind?

Be blessed
Nike

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Dear SiN_iNN

If you had a girlfriend and you weren t sure about your... feelings. I don t think you could find out an answer about wether you love her or not using your mind?

Be blessed
Nike

Does heart tell u anything

Be more blessed

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
quote:
Does heart tell u anything

Be more blessed

Yes, it does, in its own language...

Be even more blessed SiN_iNN

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Yes, it does, in its own language...

Be even more blessed SiN_iNN

Do u trust me ....???

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
quote:
Do u trust me ....???

Why do you ask me that SiN_iNN??

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Why do you ask me that SiN_iNN??

If answer is yes, Then use ur mind and u'll never regret it.

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If answer is yes, Then use ur mind and u'll never regret it.

I ve used my mind very often and I ve always regret it! Didn t I tell you that I m stupid? banana!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com