EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Ways to know you are Egyptian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ways to know you are Egyptian
esposible
Member # 2955

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for esposible     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forty Ways To Tell If You're Egyptian

You say "estubid" and "owet" for "stupid" and "out"

Your Mom hits u with anything that is near her, anything from a shoe to a bowl

Your parents brag about you even if you're bad

You are married to your first cousin

Your family eats koushari with their hands

You own a grocery store or a gas station

You're fat and blame it on your parents, or you're bald

Your taunt asks you when she can dance at your wedding

You smoke as if it were your last day on earth...and you only smoke apple or manga sheesha

You wear more cologne than deodorant

You pronounce "the things" za sings"

You put tahina in and on everything and brag about how healthy it is

You gossip about your own family...with members of your own family

Your aunts and uncles have more than 4 kids

You eat kofta at least 4 times a week

You cook a meal that lasts a week

You pity anyone who is not an Egyptian and think all other
cultures are morally corrupt

You have fruit trees in your backyard and when they are in season you live off of them

You watch the hell out of the Arabic channel

You have billions of cousins

At weddings it takes the bride and groom 4 hours to kiss all the guests and everybody hits their drink with their forks

You "get down" from the car instead of "getting out" of it

You act like you want to pay, but in reality you hate to pay

You have a gold necklace of your name written in Arabic

You own and/or play a tubleh

Your middle name is your father's first name

You never pay the tolls on the highway

You play cards till the break of dawn

Your Mom says things like: put za sings in za sing

You can't have a meal without aish

If you are an Egyptian woman you dye your hair an obviously fake shade of blonde that is nonexistent in nature and swear that it's natural

You feel proud when someone famous or a celebrity has any Arabic blood in them

You teach your American friends Arabic words (mostly bad ones) and get happy when they use them in normal conversations

You have five different foods at your dinner table

If you're a single Egyptian guy, your Mom tries to get u married when you're 12

Your favorite food is warah aneb, but you are embarrassed to tell your friends that you eat leaves for dinner

You get really happy and call the whole family to the room when there is a special or documentary on Egyptians or anything Arabic related on CNN or PBS

You use church as a social ground to meet potential wives/husbands

You have lefa hair...and if you don't, u have curly hair

Your father swears at you with words that effect himself

Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that was intended as a joke. The things you said are absolutely untrue but I did get a few good laughs......
Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear ...just wondering if my husband is actually Egyptian then.... not one single thing on your list applies to him
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by esposible:

You say "estubid" and "owet" for "stupid" and "out"

That is so funny! I remember reading your post earlier in the year on this subject...ha ha..estubid! LOL

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esposible
Member # 2955

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for esposible     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of course it is meant as a joke , now if you want to take it seriously that is up to you. It was not meant to offend anyone lol
Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AceSpade
Member # 3954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceSpade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Your Mom hits u with anything that is near her, anything from a shoe to a bowl

Your parents brag about you even if you're bad

You are married to your first cousin

Your family eats koushari with their hands

You own a grocery store or a gas station

You're fat and blame it on your parents, or you're bald

you only smoke apple or manga sheesha

You put tahina in and on everything and brag about how healthy it is

You cook a meal that lasts a week

You have billions of cousins

You act like you want to pay, but in reality you hate to pay

You never pay the tolls on the highway

You teach your American friends Arabic words (mostly bad ones) and get happy when they use them in normal conversations

If you're a single Egyptian guy, your Mom tries to get u married when you're 12

Your favorite food is warah aneb, but you are embarrassed to tell your friends that you eat leaves for dinner

You have lefa hair...and if you don't, u have curly hair

Your father swears at you with words that effect himself [/B][/QUOTE]

The above things are quite out of the limit.
are you tring to be funny ??
Because if you do. i am telling you that YOU ARE NOT!

Posts: 65 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

well i thought it was funny even if it didnt all fit my hubby he does say zis and zat and sank you

never mind esposible, some people will pick a fight over anything here they need to chill out and stop being so defensive against nothing

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esposible
Member # 2955

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for esposible     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... I said I did not mean to offend anyone. It was just lighthearted joke.

I didn't think it was out of the limits.

anyway I posted it because some days ago someone asked about it and I remember that the last time it has posted people thought it was a funny... and far from the rotten topics that alot of people focus.

esposible
Member # 2955

Rate Member
By the way what happened to the search archives? It isn't working. I was looking for this same joke list in there because I had posted it here some months ago, but the search did not work so I had to look for the list in google!
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was me who asked for it, and thanks esposible, I think it's funny and some of it applies to me and I am proud that it does. Anyway, lighten up people, life is full of opportunities to get your panties bunched, so don't waste your energy on stuff that's intended to be a harmless joke.
Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well said kimo

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Esposbible--to funny. I was reading this yesterday and am still laughing. Actually my husband thought it was funnier than I did and he IS Egyptian!
Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeER
Member # 6011

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for DeeER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it and I'm an American.....I think some of these values could be of use for some American families.
Posts: 24 | From: Great Falls, MT, USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com