EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » just one thing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just one thing
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melfenien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, if your house was burning and you could take out with you just one thing (not people ) what would it be???

I'll start... my PIANO!

Posts: 274 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...your really making me think here..
em..My bag - it holds half the house as it is!

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My photoalbum!
It starts with my parents when they were babies till Egypt
It took me seven years to make it.

oh!!! and my bouzouki?? my guitar! and my shoes!!! and jewellery!!!!!!! and.....

Uaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 207 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely my photos.... most other things are replaceable....
oh and a couple of pieces of antique jewellery that my grandma gave to me.
And I could probably go on and on if I thought about it for much longer lol

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cats, my child and myself.

There are always firesafe storage containers for valueables. And don't put these in the basement, put it in the attic with reinforced beams securing the section.

My mother had 'her' home totaled in 20 minutes with 80% damage. She lost everything in the basement due to water and smoke damage. Anything in the Attic survived with little water or smoke damage.

Plus having a itemized list with all reciepts attached to your homeowners insurance policy off site will allow an airtight claim.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photos, documents and my Egyptology books lots of which are irreplacable and out of print.

My laptop!!!!!!

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on guys, that's not fair!
Just ONE thing, remember! I'm jealous!

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My phone!!!! who can survive without a mobile?? I've got everyone's number in it!!!Nobody keeps address books any more.... do they???
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Em..I do!
I worry that if i lose my phone, i'll be completely lost!

Khentiamentiu333
Member # 6109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khentiamentiu333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately my cats and dogs. I know that's more than 1 thing, so I'm a cheater, but I couldn't just take one and leave the others!
Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melfenien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, almost all of you are cheaters!
But I agree, it's veery hard to choose just one thing which is close to your heart.

Anyone has more ideas what to take?

Best regards to all of you!

Posts: 274 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Mefenien, really nice thread!
ExptinCAl
Member # 6145

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Photos, documents and my Egyptology books lots of which are irreplacable and out of print.

My laptop!!!!!!

Wait a minute isn't egyptsearch forumn's keeping you from entertaining the money bags on EGYPTMAD? Obviously you have no problem entertaining a bunch of old bags who have no respect for Islam or your country's morality structure.

At least your a good 'Little European'.

Isn't it strange that the only part of Islam they will honor is this Urfi wife crap?

Go back to your hole and entertain the old hags.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Maybe you should try waking up on a different side of the bed, try it, it might work. You never know
ExptinCAl
Member # 6145

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
Maybe you should try waking up on a different side of the bed, try it, it might work. You never know

You old bitch you have been dying to involve yourself in an argument and nobody knows your fucking ass. Mind your fucking business, all you do is run from one thread to the next which ever has to most filth and comment on it. I guess you have nothing better to do, or you enjoy this **** , because you dont comment on anything unless its **** like this, I have you figured out you instigating little bitch. You love this, you live for this, this is somehow giving your worthless piece **** of life a reason for fucking existing.

Now you die too bitch, I hope all you whores catch AIDS and dies slowly. **** YOUUUUU!

Signed,
The meanest bitch online

Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry Farhana the idiot posted exactly the same word for word vile comment to me!! I think an Exorcism is in order?
Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
TDP, I'm really shocked. Coming on ES now is like an agent going undercover! I can't go online at work in fear of what's going to pop up and at home, constantly watching the screen for uncertainties..what a joke!
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to be boring, I would take my husband!
Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just so shocked that F*cking and b*tch can make it past the filter.

Statistically what people leave a burning house with is their purse, wallet or briefcase. With loved ones still inside, often firemen don't flinch when they see a parent cluching either item and trying to get back in.

What freaks me out is that people run back in after loved ones or 'personal possessions' instead of practicing fire drills as prevention.

Most often times school age children know better than parents and will dedictate emergency plans.

People are strange.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 6 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that I should bring with me my cat... I consider that the rest of things could have less important

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think at the moment I would take somebody elses IP number. Could have a lot of fun with that. Charlie
Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
Mefenien, really nice thread!

Thanks!

melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
You old bitch you have been dying to involve yourself in an argument and nobody knows your fucking ass. Mind your fucking business, all you do is run from one thread to the next which ever has to most filth and comment on it. I guess you have nothing better to do, or you enjoy this **** , because you dont comment on anything unless its **** like this, I have you figured out you instigating little bitch. You love this, you live for this, this is somehow giving your worthless piece **** of life a reason for fucking existing.

Now you die too bitch, I hope all you whores catch AIDS and dies slowly. **** YOUUUUU!

Signed,
The meanest bitch online

!!!???????????????????? ok, never mind, ignore it Farhana!

Let's continue our topic...

TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my dogs and photos,oh and my phone and my make up and my favourite clothes and my books and.oh the new shoes I just bought ....this is a really difficult one!x

[This message has been edited by TDP (edited 20 December 2004).]

Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com