EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » HIV and the will of God (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HIV and the will of God
jackvanholland
Member # 7587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackvanholland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vincent:
I made this topic to discuss HIV and the possibility it was sent by God. I saw people on another topic talking about HIV in Egypt, so I thought it might be a good idea to talk about it in terms of God/Allah. Please state your opinion on the subject.

Many christian fundamentalists and extreme conservatives, such as myself, believe so. I find it very difficult to believe that *just one* out of the thousands of monkies out there, and millions that have been around all throughout time, happen to not only have somthing in his blood that was the inevitable mutation of HIV, but also infect a human who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. The possibilities of that are like one and a trillion. Doesn't somthing sound a little fishy? It COULD NOT have been a radical coincidence.

The majority of the people that aquire HIV get it through breaking the will of The Lord God by having sex before marriage. I believe that this is God's way of saying "Hey, ya'll better cut with this behavior."

There are people that aquire HIV other ways. Some such as sharing needles, dentists that don't use clean tools, and spouses that cheat on them and get HIV then give it to them. If there was a study conducted on people who aquired HIV from somthing else other than sex that were asked stuff like "have you ever gravely sinned? have you ever had sex before marriage?" I'll bet 99% of the people would admit to either murder, sex, rape, stealing money, etc.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackvanholland
Member # 7587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackvanholland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did not believe my eyes god wont be happy about your judging i have been growing upp extremle religigiuos the are the biggest sinners they forget the most important love i did niót get anny vaccacinationer god did not want that who told them that no one they just interpetet the bibel so it fits them dont forget bout love
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that reading some responses in this post made me at the verge of vomiting. We are in the 21st century, yet still using the same old arguments. We did not read history and we did not drawn any lessons from historical events.

Associating HIV with God will ,presence & outbreak, it a myth. How many epidemics we had encountered? And how many people died as a result?

In 1348, 25 million people died as a result of Plague
In 1493, millions of people died as a result of Syphilis
In 1614, hundred of thousands of people died as a result of Small Pox
In 1918, 20 million people were killed as a result of Spanish Flue
We should not also forgot the very famous epidemics such as; yellow fever, cholera, and TB.

Are all the above epidemics GOD- made products to punish humans for their sins?? What a BS!

In pervious centuries people tried to associate epidemics with sin. In the medieval era, leper men/women were to stand in an open grave and were forbidden to enter church.
Also, syphilis which is a sexually transmitted disease STD, was viewed as a disease for people who " work against God's will". Every nation tried to categorize it as a disease brought from outside by foreigners.

It is a shame that in the 21st centaury we still think the same !!!

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Mooly El Din (edited 10 May 2005).]

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com