EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Flights back to UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flights back to UK
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

Can anyone give me details of scheduled flight companies to UK. Is it only Egypt air that can be used? Any phone numbers or email addresses would be grateful! Is it best to book nearer the time or does it not make any difference to the price?

Thanks

Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TDP:
Hi

Can anyone give me details of scheduled flight companies to UK. Is it only Egypt air that can be used? Any phone numbers or email addresses would be grateful! Is it best to book nearer the time or does it not make any difference to the price?

Thanks

Try British Airways on www.ba.com - you can book tickets online. Generally the longer you wait the more expensive it will become.

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can go from Cairo and via a european city then there are loads of scheduled flights. I suggest you go to a good travel agent (In Luxor I use american Express) and ask them for details. I know there is a scheduled flight with Roumania airlines that is really cheap.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ann. Thanks Jane. Just checked the BA flights and very expensive 6500le. Its for my friend in Luxor. She wants to come home for a week in Feb. I will tell her to try the American xpress agent. About how much are these flights Jane?

[This message has been edited by TDP (edited 21 December 2004).]

Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it for D?

You can also get flights easily through Thomas Cook at the Winter Palace. They may have some deals. Lufthansa, KLM, alitalia and Air Malta all fly from Cairo to the UK. I paid £254 for a one-year open return for the Alitalia flight but that was booking from England.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TDP:
Thanks Ann. Thanks Jane. Just checked the BA flights and very expensive 6500le. Its for my friend in Luxor. She wants to come home for a week in Feb. I will tell her to try the American xpress agent. About how much are these flights Jane?

I can't remember but I know they were like half the price of BA. When your friend goes to Amex, speak to Mr Emile Assad, he knows me well and is so helpful and gentlemanly. He knows all the cheap options and tends to bend over backwards to try and help people.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LL ! Yes its for D. I have told her she is not allowed to come home!!( I wish someone would say that to me)! When are you going back out?
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jane. I will pass the info on to her. Half the price sounds pretty good to me!x

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D they were posted Thursday forgot to let you know

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
D they were posted Thursday forgot to let you know

This is not D. Ayisha. I am intrigued now what you posted !!LOL I will ring her now and let her know.x

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''' double posting

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 22 December 2004).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
PS: Look at Air Malta too. They do a cheap flight.
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt Air is the only scheduled flight from Luxor and only goes to Heathrow (once a week).

Luxor Lover suggested some good ones to try from Cairo (daily).

Its cheaper to book in advance. Please keep in mind that some scheduled airlines from Cairo will not allow you to change the dates once booked without an additional charge.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Hi T, Ask D about her pigeons. Try Air Malta as well. They do some good deals. Working in January so back in Egypt as soon as I finish. LL
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pigeons? Ayisha's parcels? What have I been missing?LOL!! I will call D tonight,hope to see you soon. Thanks Kenzie for that information. Merry christmas to everyone.x

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com