EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Best areas in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best areas in Cairo
ford
Member # 6203

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sallam,

I was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions for the nicest areas in Cairo.

Some where with clean air, not to busy, but still located in a convenient location for services, restaurants, hospitals etc.

Thanks

Posts: 14 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ford:
Sallam,

I was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions for the nicest areas in Cairo.

Some where with clean air, not to busy, but still located in a convenient location for services, restaurants, hospitals etc.

Thanks

Maadi. The only drawback some poeple would mention is that it is faraway from the rest of Cairo, but that's only an urban legend.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sallam,

Thanks

Maadi

Posts: 435 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
croquette
Member # 6195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for croquette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, well let's see...
Maadi,of course, but Sixth of October has REALLY niced settelements with lotsa garden views, No pollution, and peace& quite.
The other advantage is that for the price of a medium sized appartement in a nice are in maadi you can get yourself a villa or Town house, with your own garden and all.
Drawback: you HAVE to have a car, and preferably not be working in Helioplis (too far)

Posts: 11 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
El re7ab
i think it's the place u r looking for..
its a place about 15 min far from Heliopolice soooooooo clean sooooo quite soooooo nice
try to see it.....
quote:
Sallam,

Thanks

Posts: 336 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi,

I live in Rehab, and it's so nice, very clean and quite, and you have everything that you need, so you don't need to leave Rehab.

For me here are the best place in Cairo.

1-Rehab
2-Maadi but some parts there.
3-Heliopolis some parts
4-Zamalek

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a great posting on Your Egypt about this..have a search there. If you don't find let me know and will link it for you. It gives a nice rundown of each area.
Personally, i think it depends on your interests etc.. But thats just me. TTFN

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IslandSha
Member # 5164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IslandSha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I currently live in Maadi so if you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Sharon

Posts: 25 | From: Christianstand, St. Croix | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in maadi too and i love it!! I more i see of cairo, the more im glad i moved there!

------------------
"Whashing One's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral" -Freire-

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zoalfakar
Member # 6184

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zoalfakar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by annie_81:
I live in maadi too and i love it!! I more i see of cairo, the more im glad i moved there!

6-October city
there are many areas in 6-October city
clean air , no many pepole , and need only 30 minutes to be in cairo (ramsis or tahrir )
it's a paradise
ZOALFAKAR

Posts: 34 | From: asdsa | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ford
Member # 6203

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for taking the time to answer. Your answers where very useful. I’ve been recommended Rehab by a few people so far. There are some nice villas on the Cairo ismaila road, but I imagine they might be less convenient and will need a car.
Posts: 14 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khalid66
Member # 6071

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khalid66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farhana,

Can you please provide the YourEgypt link that discusses this topic? I am also very interested in this subject but could not find the post there.

Thanks!

Posts: 13 | From: Maplewood, MN, USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ford I recommend Maadi if your a foreigner, the air is cleaner it is much quieter with an excellent metro service into the centre. The shops/resturants are good and easy to get too, Carrefour very nearby. I have been living there for 18mths now and it is great - highly recommended.
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com