EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cats

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right at this moment I am trying to type round my cat (approx 3 months old and so cute)

There is a story about Mohammed and a cat and him cutting away his sleeve to go to prayer so he wouldn't disturb it.

Can someone give me a link to an Islamic site with it. i searched and only got cat protection league versions and I would like to read the original

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always loved the story of Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace)and the cat. At the end of a day of teaching, as the Prophet was getting ready to leave, he noticed that a cat was sleeping on his cloak. He cut off the sleeve of his cloak rather than disturb the cat. That's a powerful image of adab that extends it to relationships with animals.

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like cats Akshar you will most certainly like this site http://www.abbeville.com/cats/introductions.asp
Look at the introductions there are some great Sufi tales and Islamic references.
I will endeavour to find out more for you. References online are sparse. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was really a Mercy to all creatures, this is why we call him 'Rahma Lil'alameen' sallalahu alahi wa sallam

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The famous English writer George Bernard Shaw said "The world needs a man like Mohamed, sloves its problems while having a cup of tea" (PBUH).

Prophet Mohamed told us stories that a man will be in Paradise for just presenting some water to a thirsty dog...and a woman will be sent to Hell for just confining a cat at a room for some hours.

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant find much Jane but found this http://www.pawsonline.info/muezza.htm

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was lost under moron posts
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Can someone give me a link to an Islamic site with it. i searched and only got cat protection league versions and I would like to read the original

I remember being interested in the origin of this story some time ago, but I guess it's one of those where it's very hard to trace ... more a telltale thing, that's why it's hard to find any reference to it on Islamic websites.

Not directly related but an interesting site about animals in Islam ... www.islamicconcern.com/default.asp

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by akshar:
[b]Can someone give me a link to an Islamic site with it. i searched and only got cat protection league versions and I would like to read the original

I remember being interested in the origin of this story some time ago, but I guess it's one of those where it's very hard to trace ... more a telltale thing, that's why it's hard to find any reference to it on Islamic websites.

Not directly related but an interesting site about animals in Islam ... www.islamicconcern.com/default.asp [/B][/QUOTE]

How strange one can't track down the origin. Everyone knows it. If any one does find the origin I would be interested and so would Dalia

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason why nobody can find what you are looking for is because they are not the kind of Moslems who would know this. The Greatest sheik who ever lived, Ataturk would be able to tell you immediately because he was not a literalist Moslem, he was a Suffi, and you will find it in one of the 3OO or so books that he wrote. Charlie
Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by akshar:
[B]Right at this moment I am trying to type round my cat (approx 3 months old and so cute)

There is a story about Mohammed and a cat and him cutting away his sleeve to go to prayer so he wouldn't disturb it.

Can someone give me a link to an Islamic site with it. i searched and only got cat protection league versions and I would like to read the original.

I know that Abo Horaria used to do that, so much so they called him the father of cats.
as for the prophet, I heard that he did so with his grandchildren Hassan and Hussain.

I also read that the prophet called the cats ""Al tawafoon wa Al tawafat ( as for the angels )"".

Keep loving cats and dogs, I have got 28 of them, they give back Unconditional love no human being will ever give .

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi akshar!

If you check out this link it will give you access to a hadith database of the books of hadith that have been translated into English. http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchhadith.html

Bukhari and Muslim contain the greatest number of hadith that scholars agree are authentic, and the other books come closely after them in authenticity. If you can't find what you are looking for here the likelihood of the hadith being authentic decreases.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi new comer,
i couldn't open this site i don't know why..can you send it again or check it's URL
thanks..
.M.

Posts: 336 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mai:
hi new comer,
i couldn't open this site i don't know why..can you send it again or check it's URL
thanks..
.M.

It works for me.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mai:
hi new comer,
thanks..
.M.

Try cutting and pasting the link in your browser, that should work, insha Allah!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Hi akshar!

If you check out this link it will give you access to a hadith database of the books of hadith that have been translated into English. http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchhadith.html

Bukhari and Muslim contain the greatest number of hadith that scholars agree are authentic, and the other books come closely after them in authenticity. If you can't find what you are looking for here the likelihood of the hadith being authentic decreases.

Thanks so much, added it to my favourites.

Jane

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com