EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » american girl marrying egyptian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: american girl marrying egyptian
saeeda
Member # 5719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saeeda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello,
does anybody know where i can get information about all issues important to know for an american girl who will marry an egyptian man?
for example, what are the prereqesites for my future husband to receive an american passport, how long does it take, and is it possible for him to keep the egyptian passport if he applies for the american one? can we both live in egypt without the egyptian passport?

Posts: 271 | From: germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Dear, did he ask you about that ? Seems to be important for him.

Then you should think twice...

Take care, egyptians are charmeurs.

Salam
Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask the American imigration authority what the requirements are and if he were even slightly eligible to get one, he would have it already. As he obviously hasnt got one, the only other way he can "try" is to get married to an American citizen, as that might improve his chances. America doesnt accept economic migrants and they are aware of all the "ploys" to get round the rules. Charlie
Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saeeda
Member # 5719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saeeda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for your quick answers, but noooooooo he didn't ask!!! in fact he wants to stay in egypt... it's me who is thinking of all that passport stuff. not because i'm planning to necessarily live with him in the u.s.!! (i live in europe myself)... i just want to be well informed about our possibilities and choices. and... we are planning to travel the world together... i guess that won't be possible with an egyptian passport.
Posts: 271 | From: germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saeeda:
thanks for your quick answers, but noooooooo he didn't ask!!! in fact he wants to stay in egypt... it's me who is thinking of all that passport stuff. not because i'm planning to necessarily live with him in the u.s.!! (i live in europe myself)... i just want to be well informed about our possibilities and choices. and... we are planning to travel the world together... i guess that won't be possible with an egyptian passport.

Its much easier if yous marry on USA soil. Then you must start the INS marriage petition. You could even start with a 'Fiance petition'.

Otherwise there are ways for yous to marry in Egypt and have both nations recognize the marriage. Getting both of yous over to the USA from there is much more difficult.

Does he have an advance degree or have 'connected' relatives? This can make a difference.

Besides you shouldn't have to choose between the man you love and the country you were born in (and hopefully love). Your fiance should know, understand and validate your need to have both borders open in your married life. Marriages have been torn apart due to a western nation not allowing the foreign spouse residency.

Good luck.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suzanna
Member # 6258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suzanna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi there-- I am an american married to an egyptian--living here in egypt-- I understand your concerns and questions-- I offer my experience to you-- you can contact me direct-- please do not be offended by any of the negative posts as there are many deceitful men --but just as many great ones-- you and I may be the lucky ones.

quote:
hello,
does anybody know where i can get information about all issues important to know for an american girl who will marry an egyptian man?
for example, what are the prereqesites for my future husband to receive an american passport, how long does it take, and is it possible for him to keep the egyptian passport if he applies for the american one? can we both live in egypt without the egyptian passport?

Posts: 54 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

ok, so just show me one!!!!!!

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynn
Member # 887

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hatshepsut:

Does being married to one for 16 years count?!

Posts: 143 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragab Ibrahim
Member # 6222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragab Ibrahim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hatshepsut:

just tell us where u from,and if all men there r the best

Posts: 59 | From: Athens,Greece | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saeeda
Member # 5719

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Suzanna:
hi there-- I am an american married to an egyptian--living here in egypt-- I understand your concerns and questions-- I offer my experience to you-- you can contact me direct-- please do not be offended by any of the negative posts as there are many deceitful men --but just as many great ones-- you and I may be the lucky ones.

hi Suzanna,
how to contact you? where??

Suzanna
Member # 6258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suzanna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hi Suzanna,
how to contact you? where??

Hello again --my email address is Suzanna@Sobhi.net -- phone is 10 3824167

In regard to the previous comments-- when you are sure of your relationship-- enjoy it -never need to justify it to anyone -- if or when the relationship soars, allow your inner self to guide you to a better place.

Posts: 54 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Texanne
Member # 6270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Texanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello

I just wanted to let you know you can find much of the information you need about US Visas and immigration at
www.travel.state.gov

Hope this helps and good luck !

[This message has been edited by Texanne (edited 03 January 2005).]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com