EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Differences & Similarity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Differences & Similarity
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the Differences & Similarity between Death & Sleep ?
Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell SinInn, Well I would say that such a question cannot be answered without knowing the context in which it is posed.

If biologically, then to be asleep is to be subconscious, whereas to be dead, the brain is unconscious to the point it will not recover into consciousness. With modern science and technology, it is becoming more difficult to define the exact point of "death".

If you are referring in other dimensions, then I would say that sleep and death are sometimes equated with "rest". To be at rest can sometimes mean to be relaxing, or it can mean to be dead. Equally, to be "asleep" can also mean to be dead, and to be "dead" can sometimes mean to be alive in a physical sense, but dead in a spiritual sense. To be in "sin" is also equated to "death", and sin is sometimes said to be death in and of itself.

I dont think I should go into the gnostic description of death and what that is presumed to be like as it would be going into religion, and we have the got page for that anyway. If you want to know this, then a post in the appropriate place will get a deeper response. Charlie

Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh????
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sokarya_686@hotmail.com:
Hell SinInn, Well I would say that such a question cannot be answered without knowing the context in which it is posed.

If biologically, then to be asleep is to be subconscious, whereas to be dead, the brain is unconscious to the point it will not recover into consciousness. With modern science and technology, it is becoming more difficult to define the exact point of "death".

If you are referring in other dimensions, then I would say that sleep and death are sometimes equated with "rest". To be at rest can sometimes mean to be relaxing, or it can mean to be dead. Equally, to be "asleep" can also mean to be dead, and to be "dead" can sometimes mean to be alive in a physical sense, but dead in a spiritual sense. To be in "sin" is also equated to "death", and sin is sometimes said to be death in and of itself.

I dont think I should go into the gnostic description of death and what that is presumed to be like as it would be going into religion, and we have the got page for that anyway. If you want to know this, then a post in the appropriate place will get a deeper response. Charlie

Thank u charlie, I posted an open ended query... U r the one who drove it to religious ... any way u r right.. i should posted over there then

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
huh????

.... , hahahahahaha

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by germansara:

.... , hahahahahaha

I wonder wts that hahahaah and huh for ???

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bafflement
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melfenien
Member # 4903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for melfenien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
What's the Differences & Similarity between Death & Sleep ?

The difference is basical. When you sleep your body is alive, when you're dead it's not
But I think you rather mean mental conspect of sleep and death. When we sleep we may dream, our mind is woken all the time.
I don't know what happens after death but the state of our minds may be similar to the one when we sleep. So, in this case there may be no difference.

Posts: 274 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by melfenien:
The difference is basical. When you sleep your body is alive, when you're dead it's not
But I think you rather mean mental conspect of sleep and death. When we sleep we may dream, our mind is woken all the time.
I don't know what happens after death but the state of our minds may be similar to the one when we sleep. So, in this case there may be no difference.

You almost got it, There isn't big difference.

sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Samira, has come up with a non-religious example. She has stated very clearly elsewhere that she suggests that I slit my throat. A couple of minutes with her and I probably would oblige. Now, that would mean, if I were to do this, that I would be effectively DEAD. There could be no mistake about this, I couldnt for example pretend that I was asleep. Saint Charlie
Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie if you need help in this department......
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-sleeping is a temporary or permanent dealth
it depend on wether it's your last night or still there is morning to see!!!
-if you wake up ..so there is time to do what you dream of..or have what you lost befor!!!
-if you don't..then you really..lost what you were delaying...
-while you are sleeping you can say tommorrow i'll do so&so
-in dealth..you can't say ok i'll return to do something and come back
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmAnother thing in dealth no ALARM could wake you to go work
GOD WITH YOU ALL
.M.

Posts: 336 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No filing for taxes when you are dead.

Oh and does any religious scripture out there signify whether or not sex is done in Paradise?

I know about the 72 virgins thing is full of sh*t and has been deemed not from any holy text.

But I have heard people comment that they'd rather be in hell because at least you could have sex there.

I wonder if any religion out there can verify this 'astral sex' thing. Is it just new age hockis pockis?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mai:
-sleeping is a temporary or permanent dealth
it depend on wether it's your last night or still there is morning to see!!!
-if you wake up ..so there is time to do what you dream of..or have what you lost befor!!!
-if you don't..then you really..lost what you were delaying...
-while you are sleeping you can say tommorrow i'll do so&so
-in dealth..you can't say ok i'll return to do something and come back
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmAnother thing in dealth no ALARM could wake you to go work
GOD WITH YOU ALL
.M.

Read sorat Al-Zomor Vs. 42, Am not sure about the Vs # will check it out today and tell u.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do dead people dream? It's a bit like the question "do robots dream of electric sheep".
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com