EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What Business U Wish Was In Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Business U Wish Was In Luxor
DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJKeefy™:   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OHHHHHHH Im Sorry 4 This Post, It`s 11:15am And Ive Just Got This Almighty Urge For A Cheese & Onion Pasty From GREGGS Infact Any Of The Pasties From GREGGS Would Do Me Right Now.

Ive Not Been Out For 2 Days, Gonna Go To LUXOR Now, Maybe Someone Opened A Greggs

DJKeefy™

Posts: 137 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck Keefy

I have seen pasty type things a the bakery and they have cheese in. I know they are not they same but try one.

I was watching Coro last night and there was a poster of pies and pasty in Dev's shop. I was wanting one.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DJKeefy™::
OHHHHHHH Im Sorry 4 This Post, It`s 11:15am And Ive Just Got This Almighty Urge For A Cheese & Onion Pasty From [b]GREGGS Infact Any Of The Pasties From GREGGS Would Do Me Right Now.

Heard your plight Keefy coming down soon with your emergency supply namely one Greggs Cheese and Onion delicious Pasty, give my love to Pat and Barrie arriving today. Cant wait for my ringtones too.

Ive Not Been Out For 2 Days, Gonna Go To LUXOR Now, Maybe Someone Opened A Greggs

DJKeefy™[/B]

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see a clean, air conditioned place where you can have a pot of proper Glengette english tea, a plate of yorkshire ham with branson pickled sandwiches, huge scones with jam and cornish clotted cream and watch a good old movie, without being gleared at by the locals.

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 05 January 2005).]

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greggs veggie pasties are yummy!!!

Are you saying there is a need for a pastie shop in Luxor kieth

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pies, Pasties, Real Cakes, Real Biscuits. Oh stop everyone!!!!
Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJKeefy™:   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhh Think I Need To Close This Topic, Your All Making My Taste Buds Explode, Hey Yorkshire Ham (My Tastes Buds Tell me It`s Smoked Ham)- Nice Cup Of Tea With Nice Milk, Ohhhhhhh Im Gonna Go To Sleep.

Ayisha Im Sure A Greggs Would Make Some Nice Business If They Was Here, Just From me Alone..

Would have To Have A Ribena Drink With My Pasty

DJKeefy™

Not Going To Sleep, Im off To Omar Supermarket, maybe They Have Some Of That Smoked Ham.

DJKeefy™

Posts: 137 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DJKeefy™::

Not Going To Sleep, Im off To Omar Supermarket, maybe They Have Some Of That Smoked Ham.

DJKeefy™[/B]

Inshallah.

I was in there last week. No ham I'm afraid. There was a cockroach running about though.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie:
Inshallah.

I was in there last week. No ham I'm afraid. There was a cockroach running about though.

mmmmmmmmmm cockroach pasties

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
with scones and jam.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never mind about Luxor... I need an Iceland freezer Centre in Hurghada.. I miss my microwave 'ding' meals!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 05 January 2005).]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Yeah ICELAND Would Be Nice, At Least U Would Know That Your Favorite Meals Would Always Be In Stock, Here In Luxor U Get Somthing, And Think Hey That Was Nice, Then U Never See It Again.

Suppose I Can Have Chicken or Kofta Again Followed By Mango Ice Cream Then Have A Mango Drink.. NO Just Will Have A Piece Of Mango Chewing Gum.

DJKeefy™

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously Keefy - if you were risking your own money, what business would you open in Luxor. E-mail me if you prefer. LL
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Hehehehehehe Luxorlover, Its So Funny You Said My Own Money... Has From Today Im In Luxor With NO MONEY Im Been Serious, I Went To The Bank To Get Some Money, And The Machine Said We Regret That We Cant complete Your Transaction Or Something like That, Earlier I Tried To Buy Some Webspace And Was Declined, Hey I Have Enough Money WHATS UP.

Used Tons Of Credit Ringing England To Find Out That They Have Issued New Chip & Pin Cards And My Cards Are No Longer Valid... THANK U HSBC For Letting Me Know & Leaving Me Here Without Money..

Good Job Someone Is Flying out Next Wednesday, And Sending Me Money Through Thomas Cook For Now.

And The Other Funny Thing Is I Was Just About To Ask U About A Small Business.. Will Let U Know In A email, Hmmmmmm Everybody Else Says, Now What Can It Be.

DJKeefy™ In Luxor With No Money To Buy That Smoked Ham.

[This message has been edited by DJKeefy™: (edited 05 January 2005).]

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
It is a good job there are those that love you enough to feed you until you are solvent again. I live in fear of the cash machine either gobbling up or rejecting my card. Like you i would not starve but it would be alarming.

I am very interested in whatever small business proposition you come up with and shall read the e-mail avidly.

DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Luxorlover U Online Now..... U Have Chat.. Msn - Yahoo ?

djkeefy@hotmail.com

djkeefy@yahoo.co.uk

DJKeefy™

[This message has been edited by DJKeefy™: (edited 05 January 2005).]

sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello DJ. The ham from the Christian shop is either edible or disgusting, Ive given it up in Luxor.

Theres only one business you could do that would be successful, and that is a massage business. One of my pleasures in life was to have a daily massage after breakfast, and I just cant get any reliable to do it on a regular basis.

Now, I am not talking about "funny" massages either. I used to spend my winters in places like Goa and India. There, one is able to get massaged to death, on the beach, in the hotels, in the villages and anywhere. If one is inclined to want massages in the strangest of places at unusual times, then one carries a personal supply of coconut oil. Just hold it up, let them see it, and they will all offer to give you a full hour for silly money. There are two types you can have, one is what I call the serious massage, and the other which is just a stroking sensation. They are both quite pleasurable, and one can choose whether you want a male or female to do the actual business, they are quite interchangeable.

Now, theres nothing like that here. You would have though with the enterprising lust for business, the Egyptians would have cottoned on. One of the two hotels do it for quite a lot of money, but thats it.

The fact that it is not done here is probably something to do with religion, and the other thing that is missing are public saunas, again for the same reason probably.

There are one or two gyms in Luxor now, and so it might not be too long before we have a nice sauna and massage facility, which some of us would like. Charlie

Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi DJ, sorry to make you jealous but I've just had a cheese and onion pastie with chips for my dinner and it was MMMMMMMMMMMMM
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Charlie. I ran a gym in Luxor for three years - with massage, sauna and steam room. I cannot remember seeing you there. there are saunas and gyms popping up all over the place in Luxor but none of the staff are trained. The hotels at least have trained staff.
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I didnt know about that Luxorlover. When was that because I used to live right out in the country to do my oil paintings, and only used to come into town to do the shopping basically. Whenever Ive asked around nobody has ever know. Is it still operational? I might fall by and get my wings preened. Charlie
Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Thats Good wills76 - My Friends Arrived Today And Brought Me A HUGE Home Made Sausage Roll From There Local Butchers...

Oh It Was Nice - Lee Got 1 Too But He`s Left It In The Fridge, Im Worried Someone Might Nick It.

Im Sure I Dont Sleep Walk

DJKeefy™

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Charlie - I closed it in the middle of last year but had it still been open you would have been an honoured guest and we would have preened your flight feathers for you.

Keefy - I am sure that a sausage roll will induce you to sleep walk. Now I know why L is so slim.

DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
The Sausage Roll Is Still In The Fridge And Lee As Gone Out, Im Shaking.
What Shall I Do Eat It? - Or Leave It?

Hehehehehehe I Bet The People Reading This Post Living In Europe, Think Im MAD..

Try Living Here For 3 Years Then 1 Day Along Comes A Sausage Roll

DJKeefy™

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you want some Branston Pickle to dip it in???

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
and perhaps a thin slice of onion on the side. Poor L - why has he not already eaten it? Foolish man.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
there is one sure way to get your pasties, branston pickle, Greggs, ham, bacon and all the things you love

come back to cold, wet and windy UK

sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
What about someone starting up a Deli where you could get the best parma ham, Branston original pickle, smoked Danish bacon etc. etc. It wouldnt be cheap to buy cos it would all have to be specially imported. but I think there are enough people around who would pay through the nose for some of these things we call impossible luxuries out here. Charlie

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com