EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » can you buy apple mac software in cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can you buy apple mac software in cairo
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for aussiemat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi i am moving to cairo in may and i,m just about to buy a apple mac computer and i was wondering if you can buy apple mac software an parts in cairo i know they dont have a apple mac shop but not sure if any large computer stores have them in stock.
Posts: 70 | From: australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalia, our resident Graphic designer knows the answers to this I think. If she doesn't answer here soon, go over to ET
http://egypttalk.net/

and post your question there.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL ... wish I could be of help, but I'm a bit clueless myself. I know of two apple stores in Cairo, so in answer to your question - yes, you can buy Apple hard- and software in Cairo, but I can't give much first hand experience regarding any specifics.

I once needed a new power cable for my laptop since the plug was broken. I called one of the stores several times with no result; they couldn't sell me the missing piece because some person who was apparently in charge for selling parts was not available. Since I needed it urgently I ended up going to a mall for computer parts downtown where they fixed my cable and attached another plug to it - for a fraction of the price I would have paid for an original apple part.

I work for a company at the moment where everything is based on Apple computers, they have new models and licensed software. So if you need anything in particular I can inquire.

You will find several big computer malls in Cairo (they usually consist of many small stores under one roof) but they are completely clueless regarding everything that has to do with a Mac. However, if you invest a bit of time you will eventually find most things you need. Many additional items like mice, CD-burners, USB-drives etc are often Mac-compatible anyway.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 24 January 2005).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cute_handsome20
Member # 2781

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for cute_handsome20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hii aussiemat
yeah sure u can buy apple mac in Egypt, we have 3 authorized compaines for apple in Egypt & i work for 1 of them.. so if u wanna buy any of apple products when u come to egypt ... u just can contact me !! i'll lead you to the right stores in Egypt..
samiihass@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | From: cairo,Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com