EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Are they all silvertongued beauties ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are they all silvertongued beauties ?
Maxine
Member # 6618

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ge Ge
i would love to hear your story - if you care to share it either here or e-mail me.
Spence_maxine@yahoo.com

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sand In My Shoes
Member # 6226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sand In My Shoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ge Ge:

So think very carefully before becoming involved with a man younger than yourself, who no doubt will love you like you have never been loved before, because we as women have the inability to think that maybe,just maybe this man actually loves you for yourself. [/B]

GeGe YOU ROCK! I couldn't have said it better.

I married an egyptian man 20 years younger than me. I don't really give a FIG what other people think about it because we are HAPPY together and we have a good level of trust between us. No marriage has guarantees and there are different levels of "conning" that go on in all marriages, whether conscious of subconscious.

I could see how a woman could become very confused after reading all the comments on this forum. But as my husband likes to say, not all fingers on one hand are the same, so is it true for all people. One should be somewhat "intelligent" in their relationship and trust in oneself. No one will ever know better then you what is true and what is not in your relationship.

Posts: 26 | From: Louisville, KY, USA... now Tanta Egypt | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ge Ge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maxime. I will email you in the morning.Must go and speak to my beautiful young egyptian man now!!! Sleep well, dont worry it will all work out.
Posts: 343 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marguerita:

Children dont foreget and hardly forgive.
beso. Marguarita

Oh boy I can vouch for that. Forgiveness isn't exactly a skill kids develop until 15.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ge Ge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way Maxime, if he was kissing you in public or demonstrating affection in any way you will be stared at.This is not acceptable behaviour in Egypt. No kissing except on the cheeks and only if it is your wife, mother or sister. Talk to you tomorrow.
Posts: 343 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Because I feel somehow my relationship is inferior. And as much as I love this man and he loves me I am somehow not really comfortable with it. Maybe because of the way it is viewed in Egypt.People probably think I am his sugar mummy.

Actually the my mother's neighbors stare out their windows and congregate in front of her home once in a while when his car is packed out back. They also ask questions about it without asking the question directly.

Yup they find it creepy.

And I don't see Arabs here in the USA or Misr showing romantic affection in public. Its not encouraged. I'll get a kiss once in a while in public, but I don't hound him because he's squimish about it. Plus he gives people dirty looks, I mean severe dirty looks when a couple gets sleezy in public.

I have seen a Arab in my neighborhood knock and loudly ask a couple to knock it off when parked, he's a caretaker for his building.
Near Arab or Muslim owned businesses if you dare to act out sexually (making out, or pimping out) they will give you hell and talk other business owners into not serving that couple or individual.

Its not socailly acceptable in Arab culture to show romantic/sexual affection in public.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Maxine:

I felt this when we were toether - i saw people look at us - sometimes i felt uncomfortable. He was so demonstrative - arms around me - holding me - kissing me.
ohhhhhhh !!!

I'm not sure where you were when he was doing this, but didn't you notice that most egyptian couples don't display this kind of public affection? Sure young couples will hold hands, but kissing you? The only thing he's demostrating if he's behaving like this with a woman he's just met is disrespect. It does not mean the same thing as in the west.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maxine
Member # 6618

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this thread has been pretty much exhausted ...........

thanx to all who contributed - i have taken on board all that has been said - i need time to consolodate this information - soon i will make a perhaps a more informed or enlightened decision about my trip to Egypt

I will post to keep you informed

Just before I go .... this forum is fantastic and so are those who take the time and make the effort to write their comments !

Again - I thank you all

Maxine xxxxxx !

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Sonomod,
When I come back from Egypt and see people kissing and mauling each other in the street I find it quite distasteful and unneccessary. That is what I like about egyptian men so much, the respect they have for women especially their mothers. And god help you if his mother does not like you.!!

Maxine I have tried to email you but it did not send please write you email address. or send me an email.janet@granaryburton.fsnet.co.uk.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
[B] And god help you if his mother does not like you.!!

B]

Well his mother does love me. Cripes half of our phone conversation is 'I LOVE YOU', that an another 6 words in English is all she knows. She thought I'd be different, but I exceeded their expectations.

Luckily in my city public displays of sexual affection are rare. We are a reserved people. I remember picnicing at Montazah Palace gardens and seeing the love birds eat each other faces. Then the soilders would come walking around and the face eating stopped. Having such a high population density per square mile does cut down on the privacy and these gardens are all these young people have.

Dālia
Member # 6478

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dālia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Well his mother does love me. Cripes half of our phone conversation is 'I LOVE YOU', that an another 6 words in English is all she knows. She thought I'd be different, but I exceeded their expectations.

Luckily in my city public displays of sexual affection are rare. We are a reserved people. I remember picnicing at Montazah Palace gardens and seeing the love birds eat each other faces. Then the soilders would come walking around and the face eating stopped. Having such a high population density per square mile does cut down on the privacy and these gardens are all these young people have.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thomas
Member # 1946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

run my dear run!!

I have read with some amusment and fear some of the posts about eyptian men

Surely they are not all liars who want something from non-egyptian women ?

I met my egyptian man while on holiday - he is 32 - i am mid forties - i may be fat but i am not desperate

Within days of meeting he told me he loved me

I surrendered a week or so later

I have little money - he is aware of this

I have dependent children (10 and 13)- he is aware of this

He is begging me (and children)to go to Egypt to be with him - where we can live in his house and he will continue in his present job to provide for us - i can work if i want to

he is applying for a short visa to come to the west and help me sort out my affairs and pack etc.

i am interested in Islam and presently reading the Qur`ran - he is happy about this and I know he would like me to convert to Islam - but he will never say so directly. he is keen to "live a good life as advised by Islam" with me and my children in Egypt

I was already in two minds about all this - mostly to do with the age difference and he is so beautiful - i am pretty and have a wonderful personality - but I ask why me ? - I do not have low self esteem - just a fair grasp of reality

Now after reading the posts here i feel - well i do not really know how i feel - the jury is out on this one ........

i look forward to your replies - watch this space i will let you know what i decide.

Posts: 121 | From: lomdon | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thomas
Member # 1946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Beauties??!!! mmmmmmm, I would not go that far.

Listen you will do what you have to do but I have been there and yes I got very hurt and I have seen what these guys can do to girls.

I think many women on here know deep down what the real deal is here but they are in denial.

I am not bitter, I have someone else now and it is not about attacking women on here but please please think think .

It is all very romantic and they will tell you many things but please read some other threads on here .

good luck

I have read with some amusment and fear some of the posts about eyptian men

Surely they are not all liars who want something from non-egyptian women ?

I met my egyptian man while on holiday - he is 32 - i am mid forties - i may be fat but i am not desperate

Within days of meeting he told me he loved me

I surrendered a week or so later

I have little money - he is aware of this

I have dependent children (10 and 13)- he is aware of this

He is begging me (and children)to go to Egypt to be with him - where we can live in his house and he will continue in his present job to provide for us - i can work if i want to

he is applying for a short visa to come to the west and help me sort out my affairs and pack etc.

i am interested in Islam and presently reading the Qur`ran - he is happy about this and I know he would like me to convert to Islam - but he will never say so directly. he is keen to "live a good life as advised by Islam" with me and my children in Egypt

I was already in two minds about all this - mostly to do with the age difference and he is so beautiful - i am pretty and have a wonderful personality - but I ask why me ? - I do not have low self esteem - just a fair grasp of reality

Now after reading the posts here i feel - well i do not really know how i feel - the jury is out on this one ........

i look forward to your replies - watch this space i will let you know what i decide.

Posts: 121 | From: lomdon | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pritipersoon55
Member # 6564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pritipersoon55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.. I get kind of confused here. On one hand you get the leading ladies of the site fiercely competing on basis of seconds' who go married how fast. On the other hand you hear immediate discouragement the moment any one new wants try the same. On the one hand you've got the swimming instructors with a girlfriend in every world capital (and in each locality in Sinai), on the other hand you've got the happily married expats in Cairo or Alexandria (and most men in Sinai who are not settled there for good, come from Cairo or Alexandria). And if you check closer, then the no-no persons all have one thing in common they are prevailingly negative people and quick to criticise anyone but themselves. And they are not even Egyptians, i think, I do not even know if this site has any true egyptiand at all, except for those satying in the States and then presumably already conditioned by the
thinking there. So I have a growing feeling it is not the egyptian morals or values I get here, it's the american ones, values of a country where e.g. the rules for swimming garments for men are about as strict as for women in Arab countries (no legs above knees on show!) and where mormons happily flourish (no touching before the wedding night!).

... a few exceptions from the bunch gratefully acknowledged. :)
The one sure way to lose (100% sure) is not try. Ever! but if we are speaking here of creatures who keep thinking about sex on average once per minute, then money comes no where near in their order of importance, I think. And there is nothing bad in being wanted, it is the strongest hook a woman can have with a man, on above reasons. There is a reason the whole thing is called "making love" in English--if you fit then you will indeed feel love, more and more love, each time and onwards, to the person who helps you experience this wonderful feeling. You get a cocktail every time you shake or stir the ingredients, but you change just one, and the tast will differ, you change both, and you will not recognise what you get. Thus advice of other people really is not applicable, though it is true that far more love stories end than last, otherwise we'd all be married to the guy we met at the age of 2.

Posts: 90 | From: www.visitestonia.com | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pritipersoon55
Member # 6564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pritipersoon55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus:

it is on average a 30-year old man who is searching for a partner in Egy. They are married if they are older, and rather suffer than divorce, i think.
it is on average a 40-year old woman who is either divorced or lost hope of finding love in immediate surroundings, outside Egy.

a 30 year old man will prefer an older woman any time, because they consider it more valuable if one is man enough to catch a real "woman". Plus the extra bonus of a mature, harmonious character. No giggling or fighting over any small thing.

Egy lads like ladies, that comes with age, too. And sex graphs fit better, this I already described somewhere.

Egy men cannot enjoy long courting anyway, they are used to blind trade, thus speed for them is normal, here or there. And, given the difficulties indeed in meeting and choosing women freely in own country, it's normal they grab a good chance when they find it.

It still does not guarantee success but I do not think even then it is the Egy man who gives up first, they are just too conditioned by environment to endure the women.
Huh?

Posts: 90 | From: www.visitestonia.com | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ali sinha
Member # 8429

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali sinha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear GG,

I would recomend that you go to the following link and read this :
h//faithfreedom.org/Testimonials/Andrea50716.html

or try :
http://islamstrueface.blogspot.com/

I hope u'll know the danger u're in .

urs faithfully
ali

ps:try and read articles on www.faithfreedom.org

Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ali sinha
Member # 8429

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali sinha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear sand in my shoes,

I'd like you to log on to www.faithfreedom.org and figure see why those "not so beautiful "muslim souls exsists

ali

Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ali sinha
Member # 8429

Rate Member
Dear sofia25,
you are absolutely right .But theres much more to it -as long as this guy is muslim you have a problem here .In the quran it explicitly states that muslims are at war with non-muslims and one of the ways in which they conduct this war is to marry foreign women and convert them to islam .At first hes this charming guy who says womena and men have equal rights ---and islam is the religion of peace (hogwash by the way)
but he waits until he knows the woman is totally under his control and then removes his mask.You see he will wait till u move to egypt and then he can safetely remove his mask.I think you should read more of the likes of www.faithfreedom.org .The testimonials are simply stunning eye opener to the guilible westerner.

ali

poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y et another person INSULTS ISLAM!!!!
Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How dare you come to this site and derogatise muslims here! FYI i am a western woman and i am muslim. I now live in Egypt. But i choose to convert to Islam approx 4/5 yrs ago. Of my own free will in U.K. where i was born. And i am 100% British but was never brought up under any orthodox religion in the 1st place. Its people like u, who have nothing but INSULTS for this beautiful religion, Who would try to categorise people like me. Am i one of the gullible Westerners you speak of??? U NARROW MINDED BIGOTTTT! and BTW i have studied theology in England. So work that one out!
Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
everyday_angel
Member # 8414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sand In My Shoes:
I am American and have been living in Egypt 6 months now. I have been here 2 times. First trip of 10 days was most the tourist "gig" and I thought Egypt was really cool. Then I moved here and really crashed hard. Severe culture shock even though I "thought" I understood what I was walking into. However with the gentle assistance of my now husband, I'm settling into the routines and it feels like home to me. I will say, however, that my husband is more of the "open-minded" variety mentioned elsewhere in these posts and a very non-demanding, easy-going (if not slightly hyper) guy. We have become inseparable.

I also accepted Islam shortly after moving here. I did this for myself and likewise my husband did not ask it or require it. I will say at the **extreme risk of stepping on muslim toes** (forgive me brothers and sisters) that I experienced the severest culture shock of all after becoming muslim. (Ok so I'm obviously a tad bit niave, although well-meaning.) Do not expect the majority of muslims to walk the talk. I have met some of the most beautiful muslims souls in my life here and also alot of the not-so-beautiful souls. I guess it depends on where you live, etc. I would like to share your thoughts about Islam privately if you like. :-)

All in all, I don't regret living in Egypt. I'm seeing the world in a different way now. Just be realistic with yourself... this is NOT the USA. Be ready for anything and you'll be fine. You sound like a lovely and intelligent lady.

Could I get your email to email you?

Posts: 275 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angel if it is my email address u r askin. I'm afraid everytime i have given it online. I am guaranteed to receive unwanted msg's from some very stange ppl. I'm so sorry! so i cannot.
Mon_Savage
Member # 6971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon_Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
How dare you come to this site and derogatise muslims here! FYI i am a western woman and i am muslim. I now live in Egypt. But i choose to convert to Islam approx 4/5 yrs ago. Of my own free will in U.K. where i was born. And i am 100% British but was never brought up under any orthodox religion in the 1st place. Its people like u, who have nothing but INSULTS for this beautiful religion, Who would try to categorise people like me. Am i one of the gullible Westerners you speak of??? U NARROW MINDED BIGOTTTT! and BTW i have studied theology in England. So work that one out!

Why r u angry ???? U r muslim so thank God on that and leave others, whatever u will do the blind will be a blind untill Allah medicate him or else he will die a blind and then the hell is waiting ....

{{{{Besm Allah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem * (And as for the people) there comes to them no Message of the Messages of their Lord but they turn away from it * So they have already cried lies to this perfect truth when it came to them, but soon there shall come to them the news of (the fullfaithment of the prophecies) that they have been taking very lighty.

Posts: 211 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx Mon_savage, hope i got ur name right here. I ghess i was angry for 2 reasons. Firstly i was shocked and angry, when i followed this losers links. Have u seen what it is actually saying about women who choose to wear the higab???
It has very demeaning and abusive comments in reference to these women!!! It is accusing them of emulating genitalia by the putting of the higab!!! WHAT AN INSULT!!!

Secondly, i do not believe anyone on this site has yet seen this whackos put downs about Islam or visited he's perverse U.S.A. propagandist's sites. As no one except u or i is making any remarks, or leaving their oppinions!

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
Thx Mon_savage, hope i got ur name right here. I ghess i was angry for 2 reasons. Firstly i was shocked and angry, when i followed this losers links. Have u seen what it is actually saying about women who choose to wear the higab???
It has very demeaning and abusive comments in reference to these women!!! It is accusing them of emulating genitalia by the putting of the higab!!! WHAT AN INSULT!!!

Secondly, i do not believe anyone on this site has yet seen this whackos put downs about Islam or visited he's perverse U.S.A. propagandist's sites. As no one except u or i is making any remarks, or leaving their oppinions!

Assalamu alaykum poppy!

Don’t take any notice of all these Anti-Muslim guys who are popping up from nowhere, it seems that the faithfreedom website is actually recruiting them and paying them to post their messages. What a way to earn pocket money! Sad thing is that it is being tolerated by the moderators.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum10/HTML/000517.html

newcomer

Is faithfreedom paying all you guys to keep on posting their articles here? http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/Ohmyrus20808.htm
IP: Logged

Hassan-Passenger22

Yes. I got paid $200 per week, not bad.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Hassan-Passenger22

Yes. I got paid $200 per week, not bad.

Hey, you think Hassan is reporting this income to the IRS? I think they'd be quite interested in it. ;-) I've got friends there....

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thx snoozin...YA MODERATORS!!!!! WHERE R U WHEN WE NEED U????
Open ur eyes once in a while....
Some twatttt is dissin RELIGION HERE!!!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com