EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » buying fake dvd,s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: buying fake dvd,s
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiemat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi i was wondering if you can buy the fake dvd,s in cairo i know you can buy many in thai land and dubai and all so syria although many of theres are vcd,s so if this is possible can you let me know what the nomal price is for them and where you can find them ..... thanks
Posts: 70 | From: australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bootleg DVD's in Syria?!!! Cheapest DVD's are to be had in Malaysia if you're coming from Australia. About $1.50 each in Chinatown, KL.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiemat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i know but i am living in london now but i am moving to cairo and just want to know if can get them there and how much
Posts: 70 | From: australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The answer is NO, you can't. You will have people bring them to you from the far east, or you will get them yourself in the far east when you travel there, if you get them at all.

You can download movies off your own computer if you have the know-how to do that and the equipment to play it afterwards, but that is the best you can do in Cairo that I know about.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

You can't buy DVD, but what I do is that I download films from the net with DVD quality which is Divx and play them on the dvd player on the tv, and that's amazing. I have films that are still not at the cinema. Btw I have DSl this why I download films, mp3.....etc.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this no place in Cairo to buy Pirated DVD's? There has to be a place somewhere?

I got so used to watching DVD's in China.

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is, though i can't point you to a specific source, sorry. you just have to know the right guy, etc.

even alpha market in zamalek rents dvds (LE10 or 15) and some of their movies are bootleg copies (usually the ones which haven't yet been released in egyptian cinemas)

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salamalekum,

I am wonder why nobody knows....!

You can go to any bigger mosque on Friday, you wil find the newest games, films, cartoons, software.......for 5 Pounds !
Yesterday my husband bought the game 'shark tale' in 3D. If you buy it original you have to spend 95 Pounds.
I couldn't! So I have to buy the black copies, like the most of people.
Also there are sold in the egyptian Backstreet markets (sook), watch out for large cartoons with black and white copies of the original CD's.
In Maadi go to Fath or Rayen Mosque, at Rayen also on Sundays.

Good Luck

Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germansara:
Salamalekum,

You can go to any bigger mosque on Friday, you wil find the newest games, films, cartoons, software.......for 5 Pounds !
Yesterday my husband bought the game 'shark tale' in 3D. If you buy it original you have to spend 95 Pounds.

Sara

Maybe he bought some game for 5LE but I'd bet he will NEVER find the movie Shark Tale out there for sale pirated for cheap.

quote:
Originally posted by brian04:

So this no place in Cairo to buy Pirated DVD's? There has to be a place somewhere?

When you find it Brian, let us know where.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 27 February 2005).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
hi, thanks for all the information i know that out side of mosque and church in other muslim countries have people selling them i think that maybe hear is the same i will just have to ask around when i get there i have found them in dahab befor so cairo must have them
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, Debbie,

I got both ..... the Sharktail cartoon movie and the shark tale 3D game !!!
Each one for only 5 Pounds !

My husband bought them on the lift side of the Mosque Fath after the Fridayprayers.

Sometimes he doesn't have what someone is searching for, then you have to order the title ! Try it, my husband didn't even order them !

We have a box full of cinema cartoon movies.

Just go and watch the salesman next Friday, it's really nice, he has most things you need.

Good luck

Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aussiemat:
hi i was wondering if you can buy the fake dvd,s in cairo i know you can buy many in thai land and dubai and all so syria although many of theres are vcd,s so if this is possible can you let me know what the nomal price is for them and where you can find them ..... thanks

what do you mean by Face DVD? Like you buy the DVD and go home and find that is was not a DVD ???
I f you mean BACKUP coppies , then well, it seems there are leanty of backu copies being distributed arround in cairo,
but you can still download anything you like and burn it on your own DVD. I like Bettorent, and DAP, and the proces of blank CD's and DVD's in Egypt is soooooo cheep I cannot belive it, I am creating backups for the backups . mmm and giving it away to my friends ( ofcourse I always asume they have allready buyght the original Copu, nd they just want another backup ) as I did myself

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi,

I am downloading Sharktale now, and I down only Divx quality which is very good. I will go and see the guy at the fath, and how are his cds.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

Can anyone tell me where is Fath, and Rayan Mosque is.

germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will find the Fath mosque in the Street 9 in Maadi. It is the famous street on the metrostations. Move direction 'Hadayek', then you will find the mosque on your right side. To the mosque belongs a islamic hospital.

Good luck

sara

aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
hi thanks for all the information i will try to join a downloading site, is it just the one joining fee or do you pay per download and which is the best site.
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can help you with ALL the latest DVDs western movies some which cannot be downloaded, they cost 40LE each, good disks, 99% quality with covers etc. Multi regional too (I have a contact) get in touch with me if your interested.
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

Hi,

Wels,

What is the capacity of your DVD cd, and is it only 1 film in a cd.

MoeBelal
Member # 5645

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoeBelal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,

Welsh lady thats awesome i might be intrested.

I have found someone who gets them on DVD not VCD and supposingly they are of a superior quality. All of them are american copies (backups) But at 50LE

As soon as i get them and see they are of good quality i'll let you guys know.

They have a huge proper list and they do box sets aswell (james bond etc)at 200le

so we'll see and i'll keep u posted

Posts: 34 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grazy..........and you could have that all for a five only.......
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody...
When i come to Egypt in June I am brining 300 dvd's with me from China.. I have Roswell CSI... Buffy...Angel.... Lordo of the rings all 3 movies... X Files all 9 Season's Sorparon's and lots of Discovery and National Geographic... and tons more movies on dvd's,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi everybody...
When i come to Egypt in June I am brining 300 dvd's with me from China.. I have Roswell CSI... Buffy...Angel.... Lordo of the rings all 3 movies... X Files all 9 Season's Sorparon's and lots of Discovery and National Geographic... and tons more movies on dvd's,
Brian

I wonder what customs will make of that lot; they checked every one of my books, tapes, and CDs when I shipped them over here!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sally
Member # 956

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a couple of the electrical shops along 26th july (zamalek) sell bootleg copies under the counter.
they aren't that cheap and sometimes the quality is poor.
they usually have whats currently on at the cinema or movies which are about to be released

Posts: 129 | From: cairo | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
thanks again
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the movie, Shark Tales, 2 months ago, along with LAdder 42, Alexander the Great, Troy, Collarterol, National Treasure, Peter Pan etc. etc. all clear DVD copies bought in Alexandria. WE only paid LE15 each. YES!!!
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
...and I got last Friday "Boreal Train" knowns also as "Polar Train".....for 5 Pounds...
Just now in the cinema !

...Fridays behind Fath-Mosque...

LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Sara, I saw Polar Express on Xmas Eve past year that was a perfect day for it! Cute movie eh, could of done without the weird ghost guy on top of train. HIH HIH
Love those good DVD buys and more importantly the chance to see some current films fast.

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, Brian, let us know if you ran into any problems with customs. If we move next year we will also have a big load of DVDs packed up. I am a huge movie fan!

I heared really bad stories that whole crates or boxes got lost during the shipping process.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 15 March 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

Maybe I should start movie cd business. I have so many new films.

Karim

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

Do you guys watch these films on Tv or computer.

Karim

germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
On Computer.......
You can get the different versions formated for computer.

Sara

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

when you pay 5 pounds for a cd, then for sure it's not a DVD cd, but just normal cd, beacuse if's a DVD for 5 pounds then how much for just normal VCD 1 pound. You said that you watch it at computer is it on cd player or dvd player.

Karim

germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are 'formated', so it works out.
'Difficult and long' games are sometimes offered in a packet of two cd's because the original DVD has more space.

Well, I got very happy with it. Just go there and watch it out

sara

aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
a
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
at what time on friday behind mosque

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com