EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Flowers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flowers
Squall
Member # 6520

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Squall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to all again

Got to ask You some questions, if You dont mind

Do egyptian women like flowers?
Is it a good idea to send bunch of 24 red roses for birthday and as a declaration of special feelings towards that girl?

Shout out what do You think

THX

Posts: 37 | From: Poland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made the experience: i bought my aunt from my first salary in cairo a BIG bouquet cuz i was sooo happy, after i gave it 2 her she said: "From this money u should have buy Kofta and Kebab 4 all of us" sooo its really true they dont see flowers like we do. they like PRESENTS for use or something special that nobody have or gold/silver stuff.its not like in europe thats something special, its just special for wedding and stuff but I AM HAPPY WITH FLOWERS
BUT HEY i think anybody who got a surprise with those flowers will be happy and proud SO JUST GO ON

[This message has been edited by Kerry (edited 14 March 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Kerry (edited 14 March 2005).]

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LoL Kerry..ur right..they dont like flowers like us.
I also bought fl;owers for my mother in law when i gave it to her she was just making faces and said:hrmmm..ermmm where is the other gift?when i told her theres no other presesnt she told me that she is SUPPOSED(!!) to get gold or clothes .frankly i was shocked coz of 2 reasons.1: My mother always told me :if u get a horse as a present dont start checking his teeth..
2:its impolite anyway.Im not egyptian so im not supposed to know all these things..Also for me flower is a gr8 present..But yes its not about me unfortunately..blah.

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squall
Member # 6520

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite impressive... gold or smth...

U know im gonna order it by internet coz im not in egypt right now and the courier will hand her those flowers...

By the way, shes quite young and modern girl - not an aunt or mother in law...
so i think that would be ok

anyway, thx 4 replies

Posts: 37 | From: Poland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love flowers....... all women should. Flowers are speaking in their own language and they are coming from the heart.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squall:
Hi to all again

Got to ask You some questions, if You dont mind

Do egyptian women like flowers?
Is it a good idea to send bunch of 24 red roses for birthday and as a declaration of special feelings towards that girl?

Shout out what do You think

THX

Squall, send her flowers. And make sure you write something "meaningful" on the greeting card. She surely will be impressed and feel special.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 14 March 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Poly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Egyptian, but I don't like flowers a lot (don't like gold either .. but if someone sent me 24 red roses for my birthday, I will defiantly appreciate the hint.. and yep a card would be great, I keep all my 'special' cards for long time (though my boyfriend throw them away once he opens my presents
Posts: 95 | From: Italy | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squall
Member # 6520

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx all, i do love flowers too even if im a boy. Especially red roses

Besides thats why im gonna send the flowers Tigerlily The meaning comes from the bottom of the heart

Tomorrow I will post a link to flower for all You ladies. I made it myself in 3D.

Once again thx. C U.

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I love flowers....... all women should.

...Even when they come from a married man?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
...Even when they come from a married man?

Great, if they are coming from MY husband!

Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Poly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or from MY boss along with a salary raise and better health insurance (and no bad thoughts here!!!)

Posts: 95 | From: Italy | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squall
Member # 6520

Rate Member
Oh, newcomer, You know, life is life...
sometimes life is not what You want it to be...

Every human being changes along its life.
Sometimes the changes are small but sometimes are huge and are affecting whole life.

BTW: the flower is on its way for You girls

[This message has been edited by Squall (edited 15 March 2005).]

Squall
Member # 6520

Rate Member
And here it is

Russian Iris in a slim vase standing on the floor.

Its not as good as it could be but i had a system crash and i had to make this one from the scratch so i could post it today as i promissed.

Hope You like'll it ladies
http://squall.x3m.pl/russian_iris.jpg

Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank u so much for this lovely flower ur funny!!!!
Ur real gentleman.

1000 greets Kerry

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squall:
Oh, newcomer, You know, life is life...
sometimes life is not what You want it to be...

Every human being changes along its life.
Sometimes the changes are small but sometimes are huge and are affecting whole life.

Hi Squall!

You don’t have to tell me about life, I know people can change and there are ways of dealing with the changes. As human beings we have the ability to make choices about certain things in our life...and there are some things we can actually control, like how we respond to the changes!

I am finding this fascinating though, if you had been a Muslim man who was married and had admitted on this board that you were having marital problems and were then asking advice a to how to win another woman’s heart (an Egyptian one at that) and what gifts to give her, the responses you would have got would have been very different. This would have been despite the fact that a Muslim man is allowed by his religion and his culture too to marry more than one wife; but you come from the UK, and are presumably not a Muslim as you haven’t mentioned it, and no one (but me) comments!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Squall, the Flower is lovely indeed!

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Thanks so much, "Squally", for that cute pic. You don't find too many other guys on this forum here who would even have this idea. Now I hope this special girl will be happy too...... and I am sure she will!

Squall
Member # 6520

Rate Member
Thank You girls
Its always a pleasure for me to do a thing that makes others happy
Especially women

So, once again thank You and of course You are Welcome

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com