EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Marrying an egyptian man heeeeeelp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marrying an egyptian man heeeeeelp
Gole_Goldoon
Member # 7249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gole_Goldoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam to all,
This is my first time posting . Ok heres my situation. I met an egyptian on the net (typical yes?). We have been talking for quite some time now (couple years perhaps)and he had proposed to me some time back. My parents know about him dont worry . So he wants me to come asap to live in Egypt which i have no problem doing, by the way we are both muslims alhumdullilah. My situation here in the states was horrible, I had gotten married to a north african when i was 18 (I'm almost 22 now) lets just say his country rhymes with MOOnesia. SO that marriage was just unbelievable. I never got a wedding, never met his parents, and he never took me to the masjid...so we never got married under the eyes of ALLAH astagfurallah I was so young and didnt know much then! He made me live in a house with 3 to 4 other men, sometimes with their friends living there too, boy was that hell! There are many other stories I wont even get into, one involves hash (let ur imagination run wild ). Many people asked me why i got married to him in the first place, why so young etc. Well I was ready for marriage, i felt that i needed to. I thought hey here is a muslim man and hes not doing this and that that i saw the other boys doing...he proposed to me after 3 months of knowing me but had to go back to shoenisia. He relocated to new york where his bro was and i came 8 hours by plane away from my family. Shortly, he blames all the problems on me cause i didnt work nos nos with him in the job area, i wasnt contributing money the first year. Though i tried very hard, i landed 3 diff. jobs and was sexually harassed at each one by either the boss, the customers or both, ( no kidding ) i couldnt take it anymore and started school the following fall. I found it was also hard to work when u have to LEAVE the house at 6 and ur husband comes home at 4 in the morning from his haram job...how did he think that was going to work? Anyways " its all my fault" blah blah . So along the way I was going to uni and blossoming in my religion alhumdullilah. I am still legally married to him in the courts which as a muslimah means jack to me! Just i didnt want him to be booted back to his country, he is a muslim afterall, I'm such a softy even to my enemies! So in the eyes of Allah i am free THANK GOD islam makes things easy what state courts dont! So I consider myself engaged to this egyptian and he knows my sobb story, hes a real muslim man alhumdullilah. Now I am overwhelmed with the task of getting there with my catz too. I think i must get a legal divorce here before I can get married in Egypt correct? I wish there was a way that i could get a divorce WHILE in egypt because i hope this ex doesnt hunt me down and kill me cause i took away his papers!! Does anyone have experience with bringing animals to egypt?? What is the circus that I will be needing to go through to get married there? On a lighter note, does anyone know a place in alexandria to get wedding dresses for hijab wearing ladies?? I am just so very overwhelmed and would appreciate any feedback or experiences!!!
Barak allahu fiikom,
Gole_Goldoon

Posts: 3 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Are you for real or are you just joking??
Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome.

I do not want in any way to make a judgment because I don't know you, however please allow me to give you a few insights. You seem to be very optimistic about the whole tragedy, you hope for better which is great -but you don't seem to be able to resolve the conflict before you take a new step - so your past may hunt you unless you start the new marriage without the luggage from the 'current' one.

3 months of knowing someone is usually not enough to get to know the person, and your first marriage probably failed partially because you did not really know whom are you actually marrying. The chances to marry a wrong person are much higher. For instance, you did not know his habits, his friends, his life style, and his expectations... Don't make the same mistake again, now you know what should you do before getting married again.

You would like to marry the man of your faith, which is fine and your choice, but choice of someone's religion is not necessarily predicament of marriage success, neither the guarantee that he is actually 'religious'. For instance, you may meet many Muslim guys but they all differ because they are all different and separated individuals who think, feel and make decisions differently. Take this in consideration with a new man as well, because maybe you are just projecting him as your 'savior' and maybe he was attracted to you because you have the problems with your husband.

You need to look for much more in a man - your husband - not just 'his faith' but also his attitude towards others, you, family, and friends, his life-style etc. Attraction for the wrong reasons usually works only until the 'problem' is solved, then attraction fades because it was not real in the first place.

You seem to be strong person because you pursue education and you are trying to fix the past - however you rush and look for comfort online when in fact you would be much better off if you don't give commitments in advance until you actually meet that person and spend some quality time to get to know him and actually see are you attracted to him for the 'right reasons' or are you just trying to escape from problems, or current marriage.

If you are legally married to 2 men, and you live in USA, you are committing a felony - a legal marriage with 2 people is illegal. I believe you can divorce you current husband if you go to a lawyer and he sends him divorce papers via official mail. He will not be affected to get his green card if you sign the petition, however that doesn't guarantee him to actually receive a green card.

Now, I am going to let other members to tell you their insights, and I hope you will find a solution and eventually be happy and fulfilled in your life again.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GoleGoldoon! You seem to be stuck in a messy situation, most probably becuz of lack of knowledge about the rules here and there, marriage, where to start from, etc.
I'm not sure what's ur nationality, but if you're egyptian or arab,i think you could easily get divorced over here in the 'khol3' way. Its the quickest, most hassle-free way to get divorced. Its a new law-created for the woman's benefit(finally!) This shouldn't cost u much, will set u free completely, but will not preserve any kind of rights-such as money,kids, whatever agreements u made together u will give up. The whole process since he lives in the states might take from 6months-1year. If he was living here it can take a month or 2. I can refer my lawyer to u in which i'm dealing with for the same problem now! My husband is in the UK, and I never got marrried there, so I'm just concerned about getting divorced here now. I'm sure Alexandria has many stores for wedding dresses for hijab wearing ladies, u dont have to worry about that,u have greater things to face now! Finish off ur old relationship, and all that goes with it, then start thinking of dresses! That will never be a real problem. At the meantime, stay strong! I respect ur optimisism too throughout this crises..

[This message has been edited by lemonspice (edited 11 April 2005).]

Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you want a marriage that's recognized anywhere in the world, then you need to be divorced first because you need to prove that you're free to marry (and it needs to be verified by your embassy.) go to your embassy's web site for more info.

i'm guessing this - but - i think what you are saying is that since it's a civil marriage only in your eyes - you are thinking to have a civil marriage in egypt only too? kind of like when an egyptian man has 2 wives - a foreigner can marry him legally in egypt but the marriage is not recognized in countries that do no allow polygamy?

well, again i'm just guessing here? but i don't think that egypt allows polygamy for the female.

in other words, you can't have 2 husbands.

regardless if it was a civil ceremony and "technically" you didn't promise yourselves to your god in a religious ceremy... Er... you STILL LIVED TOGETHER AS HUSBAND AND WIFE! And in both of your hearts you still considered yourselves to be married!

How on earth can you now say it doesn't really count?

You need to consult someone in your local mosque to help you set a few things straight, as you seem to be very confused and are rushing into something again.

would think that even

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirox
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mirox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam Alaikom Sister,
Listen to what SharonStone's got to say. You should divorce your current husband right away and don't even look back. I also want you to know that in order for you to get married in Egypt, you will be required to provide documentary evidence (a notarized, legalized, blah blah blah certificate) certifying that you are not married.

Besides,as Muslims, there are many objectives that we have to seek in marriage including the desire to live together Halal, to start a family, etc... those objectives however, do not include granting or receiving a green card or a citizenship
Therefore, you should file for a divorce.

Posts: 88 | From: Khonfesharia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alekum salam, Sister G.,

I am sooooooooooooooooo happy for you, that you are moslem

Believe me, you cannot get a better husband than a 'real moslem' who follows the sunna...they are rael men, make women happy!!! Inschaallah!

Go ahaed and finish your divorcepapers and run to egypt to marry !
My husband is also egytian and moslem.
I hope, inschallah, that you will get happy as I am
Inschaallah !

...don't think, go and prepare your papers !

Sister Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germansara:
Alekum salam, Sister G.,

Believe me, you cannot get a better husband than a 'real moslem' who follows the sunna...they are rael men, make women happy!!! Inschaallah!

Inschaallah !

Sister Sara

Hi,
How can you all be so sure that this is a good thing for her to go to Egypt and get married to someone she met on the net she has never seen the guy. What if he is a bad one also?
She was already married to a Moslem and it did not work.
How can you be sure that this Egyptian is a good person he might also want a visa to USA and nothing more.
I don't understand how this can be a good thing??

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much to say from my side besides you are still very, very young. You already have a bad marriage behind you, yet you are not divorced. Try to take one thing at a time, divorce your current husband and - please - finish your studies. If you can prove you have a good education many doors will open up to you, no matter if you are married or not. Don't rush into another marriage, better take your time to find the right guy. After all you want to leave the US. Have you ever been abroad? Can you imagine how your life will look like over there?

Why do you want to leave everything in a heartbeat and get married to a total stranger in a far away country?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ageree 100% with Tigerlily.
Take care yoruself!

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, dears,

if she know him since years via net, then she exchanged with him feelings, thoughts, oppinions about believe etc etc..
And for sure they got each others picture.

In egypt people marry and 'don't know each other', because they simply meet before marrige with relatives....

I believe, she knows him very very well, and I believe, that she knows that this is the best for her.

Inschaallah.

Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ma just wondering ...where were your parents when you married that first guy?
Girl I just want to know... why dont you give yourself a chance to live life! You married when you were oonly 18!! Girl chill a bit and take things slowly..enjoy the shopping ..go live life..go see the world meet new ppl..dont rush into things..there soo much to life then only boys!!
take one step at a time, go to egypt and see how life is ..get rid of that old garbage bag of a husband..and have a new start of life..

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiggum
Member # 7129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiggum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gole_Goldoon:

You may find this useful, I got it from an Embassy website:

A foreigner who wishes to marry in Egypt is required by the Egyptian Government to obtain from his or her Embassy a Statement of No Objection. Because there is no national registry of marriages in the United States, the U.S. Embassy cannot provide such a certification. As a result, the Egyptian Government will accept an "Affidavit of Marriage" completed by a citizen and notarized at the Embassy. Americans may execute this affidavit at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo 's American Citizen Services Unit during its public hours (Sunday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, excluding Egyptian and U.S. public holidays). There is a fee of $30.00 or its Egyptian Pound equivalent for the affidavit, payable in cash only.

In addition, applicants must be able to document the dissolution of any previous marriage with an original copy of an official decree of divorce, authenticated by the Egyptian embassy or consulate whose consular district includes the entity (country, state, or territory, etc.) that issued the decree. Holders of a decree issued by a U.S. State may alternately submit their original to the Secretary of State of the state in which it was issued, and then to the office of the Secretary of State, Department of State, in Washington. A fuller explanation of this authentication process is located at http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth/ and http://travel.state.gov/authentication.html.

The Embassy cautions American citizens regarding marriage to Egyptian citizens whom they meet only briefly or only via the Internet. The Embassy has uncovered numerous cases of fraudulent intent in recent years on the part of Egyptian partners in such relationships. They have been shown to have contracted the marriage, either primarily or solely, for the purposes of obtaining access to an immigrant visa to the U.S. This is especially the case in which the parties have met only on-line. There is a common pattern in which Egyptian men will marry American women, remain in the marriage only long enough to obtain U.S. residency status or citizenship, and then divorce. We urge Americans contemplating marriage to an Egyptian citizen to become familiar with Egyptian family law (known here as personal status laws). Especially for women, their rights as both spouse and parent would be very different in Egypt from those in the U.S., as would the rights of any children resulting from the marriage (See "Children's Issues," below).

Posts: 78 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gole_Goldoon
Member # 7249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gole_Goldoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salam to all,
I think some people may be confused about my situation. Firstly i havent lived with him for some time now! I am living in a flat and going to nyu, I shall finish my studies incha'allah at the latest december 2005, depends on how many classes i can pile on myself!! I know that islam doesnt allow polygamy for women lol I am a muslim afterall. I am just asking if I can go to Egypt and divorce THERE not marry two men at the same time. I am saying the marriage didnt matter because to muslims, marrying in the court is not recognized (of course a good idea if you would like your rights from the state!!) But there are certain things that must be fulfilled (two wittnesses, woman must have a wali etc.) and if that is not fulfilled, the other person remaines "haram" a non mahram for the other person, in other words they are not married. Just as many catholics need to get married in a church and have the ceremony afficiated by a priest or what have u..same concept. I am living by myself, i have my friends, study, make my prayers etc. My mind is clear I am just trying to put together a "game plan"for myself. I have matured quite a bit in my understanding of relationships etc, including the relationship with my own parents, sometimes we must go through hard trials for this. before i even came to new york i have traveled all over the world alhumdullilah, been to kenya, zanzibar,mexico, france, iran, germany. I have met many different people, seen different things, had my experiences. by the time I had gotten married I was quite a well traveled person!! I have experienced much for my years and I am still ready for marriage regardless of my age. Oh for the person whom asked if i was arab, no I am iranian and german american. My mum is German and my dad is Iranian. She's christian and he's a shiaa muslim, i'm sunni (he didnt really like that) anyhoo i did what i felt was right with my religion. Atleast my mum really respects me for that even though shes a christian, it doesnt matter shes quite worldly and supportive to boot. My father cannot be my wali unfortunately...oh well. I know many of you will not understand my choice for marriage, in fact may think its archaic and out of date! I am just trying to do as my religion permits me to do, Im not closed minded in the least, just this is a very important aspect of my life. Can we say at what age for marriage anyone is ready, or at what age one matures? I would say no, for each their own! I am not interested in sleeping with men, clubbing, smoking, anything..dating either because I am just looking out for MYSELF, my body, my mind etc. I will not let a man take advantage of me in that area and now that I know about the papers for sure no! I will be filing no papers for my future husband to stay in America! And trust me, stating this has filtered many green card chasers away from me alhumdullilah, this man is the one left after all the chaos. He doesnt need to feel sorry for me because he knows i live in my own flat and go to my college, i normally dont have to see the face of my ex . I am living an independant life, I dont call the ex my husband that is just rediculous, he didnt give me my rights so he doesnt deserve this title theres no touching or seeing of hair for him! Like I said before, I know many of you will not understand my desire to get remarried at such a young age, I dont count the first as a much of a marriage! I have seen my parents divorce and my aunts ( both marriages were love marriages, they got to know eachother for quite a while beforehand) as well as other long drawn out engagements in which they had slept together etc. sometimes it ends before marriage sometimes there is divorce. THe world is full of divorces no matter where u are! And everywhere different methods of marriage are chosen. I think in this world we are all just trying to do what we consider right, I hesitate to knock on others because I am not the one to judge in the end, there is no need for harshity towards someone doing something different than me. With all said, thank you all for your opinions and help, keep them coming, wiggum that was a great link! Thanks! I understand where all your opinions are coming from and appreciate the fact that you took your time to consider me In the end we ( and I)will do what we consider halal, kosher or whatever have you according to our belief systems, as long as we arent hurting others we will be ok!
Salam and thank u all!

Posts: 3 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you are still far too young to be making all these decisions so quickly. I know when you are young it seems you have to do everything now but really that is not true.

I agree with others here you need to sort out and regularise your marriage position. You ought not jump from one relationship to another so quickly. Give yourself time to recover from one before going on to another. Islam is about submission and patience. If it is meant to be it will happen, in Gods time not yours.

Also if your marriage is publically known and between two beleiving Muslims then I would not have thought you could dismiss it so quickly as not being married in Islam. A contract which a civil marriage could be taken to be and public acknowledgment are the most important critieria for an Islamic marriage. You would seem to have those. Also remember between your divorce and remarriage you need a waiting period so please bring that into the equation as well.

anyway like I said I think you need to slow down and take time to think this through and to get divorced in the US. Then when you do get married it will be a legal/religious/recognised everywhere marriage which is surely good. Espeically for any children you may have.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirox
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mirox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salamu Alaykom Sister,

I'm afraid you cannot divorce from Egypt if the marriage was registered somewhere else (Egyptian courts won't have jurisdiction over this matter). On the other hand, to the best of my knowledge, some scholars have said that a thayeb can marry herself without a wali (a thayeb is a woman who was married before).

Posts: 88 | From: Khonfesharia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gole_Goldoon
Member # 7249

Rate Member
Salam,
Thank you again Mirox! Yeah looks like I'll be going about this the old fashioned way, hiring a lawyer (imagine that). I just dont want ye old ex giving me trouble, I do have my guard cats but he knows where i go to school good thing i go to nyu and u need nyu id to get in side muuuhaha!Anyone wanna be my body guard for a few months lol.I hope this process is speedy and mostly painless, looking forward to get my halal on in life.
Do you have an email or yahoo id mirox?
Salam

Sweetheart
Member # 7284

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweetheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germansara:
Alekum salam, Sister G.,

Inschaallah !

Sister Sara

Hi Sara,

I know you speak also german. Can u give me more information about your marriage ? I'm on the way to marry an Egypt men in 5 weeks. But I want some more informations. Do u have a email or an ICQ number ?

Sweetheart

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met my husband in a different way. I was muslimah living in Dallas, Texas. I was looking to meet a nice man for marriage through the Richardson Masjid. Somehow, this man from Houston sends me an email that talks about himself and what he does etc...It ended with wanting to know if I was interested in meeting him.

I wrote the man back and explained how I loved where I was living and I wanted to meet someone from Dallas. With that, I never heard from him again.

A year later, I move to Houston, Texas to work in a hospital there. I was settled into my work and my apartment for about a year when I received an email from the man who wrote me while I was in Dallas. I laughed when I read his email asking me how I was, and explained to him that I was now living in Houston. He sent back a reply immediately, asking if I would meet him for coffee. I finally agreed on the condition that we meet in a public place.

We met and he proceeded to tell me about his past relationships, work and things. I remember feeling like I should run away, but I didnt. We continued to see each other for a few weeks before we married Islamically.

Since that time, I have never regreted getting married to him. I love him more everyday. We went to Cairo for Ramadan and Eid, and I had the best time in my life there.

My advice sister??

Dont think always that you know best for yourself. I did, and I lost about two years with this man. Sometimes Allah puts something in our path that appears for no reason. Yet no matter how strange or sudden it seems, it was a gift meant for just you. Dont question the logic of getting married in such a short period of time, because others can explain it away into nothing.

Pray to Allah that you need a companion, and hold strong to the belief that the right man will come in the right time.

I say this: After I married him, the hospital suddenly laid off about 200 people. My job was one of them. My husband never said anything but encouragement for this situation. In the two weeks after we married, I moved a muslimah friend from Houston to Dallas, moved from my apartment to my husband's home, found a job that was even better, and booked our flight to Cairo.

Allah is Great, respect what is before you as a gift from God.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetheart, Salamalekum,

aber klar doch , du kannst mich fragen, was du willst

saraheike2002yahoo.de

Alles Liebe

Sara

nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shadya:
I met my husband in a different way. I was muslimah living in Dallas, Texas. I was looking to meet a nice man for marriage through the Richardson Masjid. Somehow, this man from Houston sends me an email that talks about himself and what he does etc...It ended with wanting to know if I was interested in meeting him.

I wrote the man back and explained how I loved where I was living and I wanted to meet someone from Dallas. With that, I never heard from him again.

A year later, I move to Houston, Texas to work in a hospital there. I was settled into my work and my apartment for about a year when I received an email from the man who wrote me while I was in Dallas. I laughed when I read his email asking me how I was, and explained to him that I was now living in Houston. He sent back a reply immediately, asking if I would meet him for coffee. I finally agreed on the condition that we meet in a public place.

We met and he proceeded to tell me about his past relationships, work and things. I remember feeling like I should run away, but I didnt. We continued to see each other for a few weeks before we married Islamically.

Since that time, I have never regreted getting married to him. I love him more everyday. We went to Cairo for Ramadan and Eid, and I had the best time in my life there.

My advice sister??

Dont think always that you know best for yourself. I did, and I lost about two years with this man. Sometimes Allah puts something in our path that appears for no reason. Yet no matter how strange or sudden it seems, it was a gift meant for just you. Dont question the logic of getting married in such a short period of time, because others can explain it away into nothing.

Pray to Allah that you need a companion, and hold strong to the belief that the right man will come in the right time.

I say this: After I married him, the hospital suddenly laid off about 200 people. My job was one of them. My husband never said anything but encouragement for this situation. In the two weeks after we married, I moved a muslimah friend from Houston to Dallas, moved from my apartment to my husband's home, found a job that was even better, and booked our flight to Cairo.

Allah is Great, respect what is before you as a gift from God.

Subhaanallah ! I loved reading this. I, too am from Dallas, attend the Richardson Masjid (not often though). How do are you finding the Houston Islamic Community as compared to the Dallas/Richardson ones? Did you grow up in Dallas, if so where?
Salaam.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nooralhaq

I lived in Lewisville in North Dallas and went to the Lewisville Masjid when it was open. On the days it was closed, I went to Richardson. I bring Palestinian children to the US for medical treatment and back when I lived in Dallas, I brought a 4-year old boy from Rafah who was shot in the head and required surgery. The best days of my life were spent with him and his mother Aminah. The brothers and sisters from Richardson Masjid did so much for them, I will never forget it. I love those people very, very much.

Houston has more of an arab culture and over 40 masjids. We have many arab cafe's and groceries and several restaurants too. I really like Houston, but the friends I made in Dallas are friends for life.

Believe it or not, I get homesick for Dallas and the Richardson Masjid and Sarah's Bakery, and my friends.

There was a restaurant in Lewisville that sold "greek" cousine but I knew the brothers who owned it were Lebanese. They always gave me the best service, and the most food!

I have friends in Carrollton and would go to Jumah prayer with them often. They were from Moracco. Such a lovely family. They were also the people who took care of Ahmed and his mom Aminah while they were in Dallas from May until September.

I still hear from Ahmed and Aminah through the father. They never forgot the kindness from the people in Dallas.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com