EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » For my beloved ES-friends: my last words to find at 'Bigboys' topic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For my beloved ES-friends: my last words to find at 'Bigboys' topic
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh? What do you mean, Sara?
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sara,
I believe it's ok! Don't feel sad or guilty about it! I do loss my control in Cairo all the time lol. It's just a pressure of being in new place, new ppl, new friends, new culture, new weather HOT! & new wutever!
And tell me how ppl use you in egypt in order to get benefit!
But there are many amazing egyptians! They make me feel like i have another family out there too!
So just relax! Chillll!

Bob,

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing! BigBoy is so damn welcome here
I really hope you enjoy the forum & I know how it feel when you be not welcomed! I've been to cookdoor once! And the cashier was making fun of me, since I'm not good @ the Egyptian accent I just couldn't understand him very well! Instead of clarify with simple words what did he mean. He shared his laugh with his stupid friends. Even though the Take-away was crowded & I'm a big boy who is 18, I really was going to tear! lool Dirty shame aint it? I could've yelled or cursed (lol that's usually what i'm up to!) but eventualy they would kick my butt...yeah! Who's going to stay by a foreign & leave the Egyptian. The same situation happend in center in Nasr city. This time I've talked to security but he said ignore them! lol one good officer! So eventually you have to ignore! I mean what can you do?

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kkkaaa
Member # 7146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kkkaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi sara
salam sara
i've read ur other post..
where ur husband made his first appearance with a nice joke

1slt i am a lilttle bit dissaoppoint in u, cos how can a strong muslimah like ur self, be put down by some low-life kaffir ? :s

2ndly, if ur husband dont mind, do u thnk he can tell us more jokes?

im kinda bored with salama jokes, in the religous board

Posts: 350 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh but welcoming isn't something you strive for like you strive for a diploma or something??? How can it be an aim to come to a forum simply to be welcomed?? What for??? If your ego needs a hug, go to your wife!? Or maybe let's open a thread called "LICK ME" or something?? (Because essentially I try to be understanding of people's needs, just that I love STRONG&altruistic people so much more than I love WEAK or egoistic ones). Because coming to GET something is certainly egoistic. Am not talking of anyone in person here, just presenting what went wrong. A man coming in to earn some extra points for her dear wife, presenting a lame joke, then going all sulky because he is not automatically and universally applauded? What MAN is this? Does he always gets all results served to him on silver platter? is the wife the man, the fighter in this relationship? He doesn't need to like this place, it is a place for people with nothing better to do in life, but it doesn't also mean that we need to pre-issue a likeability warrant or success guarantee to anyone. Life is about proving yourself and taking your blows because how else you develop? and this is what makes it at least a bit interesting then.

But better not do things that are "out of character", like the fish stay in water because they are water creatures, not land creatures.

As for interaction with egyptians, dear 18-year-old people and all others, there is only a sole rule--DON'T OPPOSE yourself. If you go to the country, don't go as a spectator to a zoo--be and act as one of them. Look not down but up to them because they made and still make this country that you love so dearly! it did not appear from dust of itself.

And don't be so touchy-feely any time you do something stupid and get laughed at. Be happy that you've made people laugh, because laughing is good! Most of us do apparently stupid things when we do something for the first time, and there is nothing to be ashamed of, I think it is so sweet to make mistakes because it reminds me that I am actually an erroneous human being! Have faults, like any normal person! Cool!!

OK, it is allowed to be touchy-feely and believe it is a catastrophy to be anything less than "perfect" when you are still 18 because then you still believe that everyone else is perfect - they've learned to hide so well. BUT those well over 30 or 40 should really know better.

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 24 April 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[I've replied to myself here, my god how far can self-obsession go?]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
Oh but welcoming isn't something you strive for like you strive for a diploma or something??? How can it be an aim to come to a forum simply to be welcomed?? What for??? If your ego needs a hug, go to your wife!? Or maybe let's open a thread called "LICK ME" or something?? (Because essentially I try to be understanding of people's needs, just that I love STRONG&altruistic people so much more than I love WEAK or egoistic ones). Because coming to GET something is certainly egoistic. Am not talking of anyone in person here, just presenting what went wrong. A man coming in to earn some extra points for her dear wife, presenting a lame joke, then going all sulky because he is not automatically and universally applauded? What MAN is this? Does he always gets all results served to him on silver platter? is the wife the man, the fighter in this relationship? He doesn't need to like this place, it is a place for people with nothing better to do in life, but it doesn't also mean that we need to pre-issue a likeability warrant or success guarantee to anyone. Life is about proving yourself and taking your blows because how else you develop? and this is what makes it at least a bit interesting then.

But better not do things that are "out of character", like the fish stay in water because they are water creatures, not land creatures.

As for interaction with egyptians, dear 18-year-old people and all others, there is only a sole rule--DON'T OPPOSE yourself. If you go to the country, don't go as a spectator to a zoo--be and act as one of them. Look not down but up to them because they made and still make this country that you love so dearly! it did not appear from dust of itself.

And don't be so touchy-feely any time you do something stupid and get laughed at. Be happy that you've made people laugh, because laughing is good! Most of us do apparently stupid things when we do something for the first time, and there is nothing to be ashamed of, I think it is so sweet to make mistakes because it reminds me that I am actually an erroneous human being! Have faults, like any normal person! Cool!!

OK, it is allowed to be touchy-feely and believe it is a catastrophy to be anything less than "perfect" when you are still 18 because then you still believe that everyone else is perfect - they've learned to hide so well. BUT those well over 30 or 40 should really know better.

You need to get off your soap box and think about what you just wrote. You urge others to embrace egypt and egyptians and in the same breath you ridicule an egyptian for being too sensitive and wanting a 'welcome' on this board. He's being an egyptian. Why aren't you embracing his customs and welcoming him nicely instead of insulting him?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Dear Nevermind! You're talking to me don't you!
God I hate you lool kidin'
you know what! I don't Wallahe go there to act like a prince! I'm quite simple & normal like anyone! I love to hung & joke around!

feeling stupid sometimes is ok! But when we do wrong stuff!
So ordering food is a wrong thing? What about shopping? Ok what should I do? Is it my fault that i'm damn stupid in Egyptian accent.
Next time when my mom deliver a baby i'll make sure that he\she speaks the Egyptian slang hundred per cent! also, maybe he\she can do surgery too! In order to look like Egyptians, so no one would thought that he\she foreign! What do you think about that! Prettyy smart? lol!
No more argument! peace!

Note\ I'm half arabien so my first language is Arabic! I'm just bad with the accent!

Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Dear ExptinCAI,
I'm sure that you're family & friends have been graced, having you with them
Thanx very much!

Bob,

nevermind
Member # 6674

There is no such things as WRONG or RIGHT, it's all arbitrary. What is right to you may be wrong to others, but was it even important??? Were they even laughing at you? There is a good story about it.

Once, i was sitting in a bus and there were also some young people riding. They were in good mood, telling jokes etc. One had just finished saying something funny, and they all burst laughing. At the same time, the bus had stopped, and a middl-aged aunty type of woman entered. You should have seen how she glanced at the laughing young people! I'm pretty sure she imagined they laugh at her, but they were just having a good mood and then you want to laugh a lot and you find excuse to laugh at anything! It isn't about YOU, it's about THEM also.

ExptinCAI, your point makes sense. I must think about it. Just that there is nothing specifically Egyptian about being this kind of sensitive. It is a human character trait and on that can create a lot of trouble if you use it for wrong things. E.g. it is very positive to be "sensitive" to your wife's caress, but nothing positive in being "sensitive" to e.g. public opinion.
But it is true that in a strive to root all bad things out it can sometimes happen that good things go also, because are tied to each other.

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hunted_Porcelain:
yeah! Who's going to stay by a foreign & leave the Egyptian.

Dear Bob (?),

I am confused man, two days ago you were very positive about those nasty Egyptians to the degree of even volunteering in an organisation and asked how to achievev such kind act!!

Today, you are calling for leaving this horrible country! drawing examples of unkind behaviour of some people !

I wonder if you have the same cons in your well behaved people of your beautiful country ( wherever it is )?

I am sure Bob ( ? ) every place has its share of unkind and ignorant folks. Here, in Egypt, we make fun and shout out loud joking and fighting and even working.
Egyptians are loud by nature, this is a fact, but cut deep inside them, and you will find the biggest heart you will never see elsewhere on earth. That is a fact.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Salma,

It's not about that
I'm very positive guy! It's quite about leaving your family & friends to go to a new country where ppl laugh @ you even though was your fault or not! I'm not saying Egypt is a bad country or ppl are bad...nahhh @ all! I was a little bit upset about it since i have no friends. I just wanted to complain you know like a widow lol. I just need to be supported! Don't get me wrong! If I didn't like egypt or ppl @ Egypt I was going to study in your country, right? I'm sorry if that was offensive for you! I do apologize ...well..sorry!
Since you haven't post any more ideas about how to help those kids I thought you were busy or something! If you still think about it please keep it touch & answer my questions back in my topic.
thanx

Bob,

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best thing to do in any country is FRIENDS. Your life then will be easier and more understanding to these people you live among.
As for the taxi drivers Bob, I do not like taxi drivers any where not even here in London, they all nasty and greedy.

The only decent taxi drivers I have experienced were those in Switzerland, but again they had to be,they charge a hill a lot of US$ for a short foot.

Remember that whatever, whereever you pay in Egypt it will be peanuts since the Egyptian pound was devaluated ! How much do you pay in your country and how much is this in Egyptian pound?

You said you came to Egypt to studybecause you love this country? Well, Education in Egypt is very cheap ( fees wise ) and free for most.

I am indeed very busy currently Bob.We are preparing for exams and final inspection rota.
If you got any suitable ideas, I will be willing to help-By the way, I do live in London., but I do got home frequently.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. ExptinCAI whats wrong with you? i think nevermind was nice defending egyptians. and he's not attacking that guy, since when was not "feeling welcome," an egyptian custom? as for that 18 year old guy, i dont know where you're from, but i really dont belive that people made fun of you because you're arabic is broken. they must have been joking and you just didnt get it. because if we have a problem in egypt is that we are too nice to foreigners, many people in egypt think that foreigners are superior, we even have a name for it 3odet el khawaga@!

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
germansara,

if you say "fucking egyptians" one more time ill let you pay for it you idiot! have some respect lady, or do you think being a muslim is just wearing the veil and praying five times a day????

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
7ayat,

I am with you regarding that person who thought that Egyptians were laughing at him, and yes we Egyptians make a joke about any and every thing.

Regarding Sara, you do not know the whole story to make judement 7ayat, if you had , you would not write these words to Sara.

Salam

kkkaaa
Member # 7146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kkkaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
Oh but welcoming isn't something you strive for like you strive for a diploma or something??? How can it be an aim to come to a forum simply to be welcomed?? What for??? If your ego needs a hug, go to your wife!? Or maybe let's open a thread called "LICK ME" or something?? (Because essentially I try to be understanding of people's needs, .....

Hi NM

i dont think that was the problem, [not having and appluad]

i think the problem was that, her husband worked his a$$ off, then some guy, blabalbalb, accused him off laying his A$$ at home, and staying online all the time...

now i can imagine being a hard-worker, working day in day out, to make ends meet, then someone accusing u, and this accuationa was made from only one message posted by the guy....that he is online all the time....

that's kinda deep...
so i think for the sake of the egyptian husband, that is not fair at all..as it is us "westerner" that sit on our lazy a$$, and it is us that get free unearned money from govt, it is us that have the nice soft chiar to sit on all day, and make fun of other people...

i guess that's life in this world...

Thank God for Heaven for the Beleiver which i pray that all muslim are granted to

Posts: 350 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptfind
Member # 7388

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptfind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Germansarah is absolutely unrespectuful for almost everything, just read all other posts, she puts muslims in a bad position.

7Ada, I see in your profile you are a journalist.

So do I, where do you work? I am not egyptian nor Arab but i am very interested in working there as a journalist...I am studiyina arabic i wish someday i'll be a corresponsal in Cairo;-)

[This message has been edited by egyptfind (edited 24 April 2005).]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
German Sarah and Bigboy

Your choice of name for your id was most unfortunate. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and think it was a mistake.

Bigboy is usual used by men advertising in contact magazines and refers to the size of their penis. To chose it as an id was a sexual sign and may account for a lot of the abuse you got.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by akshar:
[B]German Sarah and Bigboy

Bigboy is usual used by men advertising in contact magazines and refers to the size of their penis. To chose it as an id was a sexual sign and may account for a lot of the abuse you got.

That may be true, but not for the likes of Sara and her husband.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
salama,
"And, he's still busy trying to support us, doesn't 'play' in the net even half hour ! But he couldn't get it because the decieving and stealing of you f....... egyptians. Agai, yesterday someone tryed to decieve us, two days ago a f....... egyptian woman was stealing my right.
So, you are egyptian , yes, ? The I hate you more and more for your reply !" this is what germansara said, do i not have a right to be angry? look i know that that guy was rude and he had no right to say that about her husband but why does she has to insult all egyptians? and this is not the first time if you look up her posts she's always insulting egypt. and i really think its not fair. and its not nice. i'm egyptian and i happen to love my country!
egyptfind, i work in an english language weekly newspaper. believe it or not i've been brought up all my life in egypt but do not have the skills to write in arabic, its very sad i know! but unfortunatly my parents sent me to a school were there was not a lot of stress on arabic that another part of the "3odet el khawaga" i was talking about, it really makes me feel bad. let me join you in your dreams to some day write in arabic. by the way working as a journalist in egypt (as difficult as it is) its very exciting, egypt is a journalist's haven so many things happening and its the center of everything!

best

egyptfind
Member # 7388

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptfind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds great!

I m learning arabic in order to be able to speack with people but I don't think i will dominate it enough to write it as a journalist...i would like to be a correspondant, as my native language or english...

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kkkaaa:
Hi NM

..as it is us "westerner" that sit on our lazy a$$, and it is us that get free unearned money from govt, it is us that have the nice soft chiar to sit on all day, and make fun of other people...

i guess that's life in this world...

Thank God for Heaven for the Beleiver which i pray that all muslim are granted to

I finally get the idea what your purpose here on ES is and you are choosing your fate in meaning sitting on your fat .... and collecting govt money - so what about finding a job, going to work and earning money the respectful way?????

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kkkaaa
Member # 7146

Rate Member
hi lily...

it so nice of you to make ur sole puposre on ES, to find out what i do all day....

i have tried to look for a respectable form of income..but my A$$ is too fat, and it cannot move....

it so much easier living off welfare benefits

but having sed that, i feel bad for all those hard-working pple in those Less deveeoed country

[maybe next time ill buy "eco-friendly to farmers of deveopling country" products next timei go shopping with my free money from the govt, to make my a$$ even fatter..
cant wait ...

[edited spelling]

[This message has been edited by kkkaaa (edited 25 April 2005).]

Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
7ayat Hi,
Listen even if it was my fault, to talk about that story. Mayeb I didn't get his joke. But that wasn't only for once. I don't want to go throw other stupid stories happend to me. But it's a fact! I remember when I was 13 a policeman or inspector threaten me (he was wearing normal clothes so I didn't know exactly what's his job) in order to throw me in jail because I walked without my passport. No one insulted me as much as he did. Coz I refused to give him my wallet (since I'm putting my money & precious ring belonged to my dead friend) you just never know if he was a con guy or a robber or wutever. Once I've gone to center & group of teens was chasing me saying that I look like a slave & you know what! When i've talked to the security guy he didn't do anything. Furthermore, try to listen to what Taxi drivers say about foreigns who don't pay a lot of money (Son of a dog) of course not in their faces! But my Egyptian friend who used to drive a Taxi told me this fact & he was always saying that he didn't mean me. he means Americans! (What makes a diffrent) So don't protect something just because you're patriot! I believe it's amazing thing to love your country but you have eventually to realize what is going wrong. Umm..many people would attack me now after my post & I'll be the wrong guy, even though, they know that I'm not trying to insult anyone or anything. I'm sorry to say this! But it happens. I believe some people would call me a liar but Wallahe i've seen it by my eye. And I don't want to go to hell coz of a post. So take me or leave me! I don't know if the webmaster here is going to kick my butt now. But I just didn't want to lie & go along with you ppl acting like a sneak. Now I believe that i'm not welcome here anymore..I just have to join Sara yeah?

Note\ read my other topics before you judge me. I always loved Egypt & I think it's a great country...thanx for the ppl who welcomed me aboard!

Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh hi again sorry!
I forgot to add the blue sad face!
I'm quite sad!
I'll wait to hear from ya...
Cya

kokokoas
Member # 7412

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for kokokoas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..................... be happy
Egyptian Saad

Posts: 36 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com