EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Job seeker plz help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Job seeker plz help!!!
NANCY_84
Member # 7426

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for NANCY_84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
Im a 20 year old british/egyption student, just finished my degree in Travel management, and looking for a job in sharm or huradaga. Im looking for a job preferably in my sector, which is travel, tourism or hospitality, but anything else would be fine aswell. If anyone can help me i would be very greatful. Thank You.
Nancy

Posts: 1 | From: SUSSEX | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tombsman
Member # 2841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tombsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Nancy
try these sites: www.skill-link.com www.bayt.com www.egyrec.com www.careeregypt.com www.wazefty.com www.thejobmasters.com www.jobs-in-egypt.com www.rp.com.eg

i hope this helps...if u need extra info, u can email me at: tombsman@hotmail.com

Posts: 48 | From: 6 october, giza, egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Abercrombie and Kent in Luxor...they were looking for a secretary....just one thing though...dont wear hijab and try as much as possible to look and act like a foreigner!
Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try this one www.jobs.red-sea.com

good luck!!!!!!!!

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l1nux
Member # 5824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for l1nux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nancy I Have a Alot OF Ppl Working IN sharm I i`ll Asking Them To Find jop For You But it is Not Sure To Find A Job
Bye

Posts: 16 | From: Maadi,Cairo,Egypt. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tlc
Member # 1440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always seen ads in the AlAhram on Fridays, many were in that area, go to all the 4 and 5 star hotels,, And do act like a Foreigner, will guarentee you a higher pay, unfortuatley, but true.
Posts: 59 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me, or do any other foreigners, or Egyptians for that matter, get annoyed with this attitude of foreigners expecting to get paid more for doing the same job as Egyptians, even though they are usually language disabled and don't understand the local culture. There seems to be something essentially wrong in someone coming from a developed country to a third world country, where there is huge unemployment (around 30% according to some), and expecting to get a high paid job so they can have the same lifestyle that they would have "at home".

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me put the record straight here Newcomer. I am an ex pat living and working in Hurghada. I get the same salary as my Egyptian colleagues, except they get a living allowance - I don't. They get huge incentives - I don't. Why did I get the job, because whilst some of my colleagues can speak English they certainly cannot write and spell well enough to do the job that I am.

I came to this country expecting nothing. Unlike some countries where the citizens see Europe/America as the great hand out lands, visas, jobs, usually with a European woman, oh and I pay my taxes.

The difference is that if an Egyptian goes to another country he is charged exactly the same as the national of that country, unlike here where being European really means: Take them for every penny you can!

Angry, yes I would say so at such a blinkered generalisation of Europeans.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Semsema!

It seems as if you misunderstood my message and as a European myself I certainly wasn't making a "blinkered generalization of Europeans", as I know many different types of Europeans and Americans living here and I know that they don't all think like this. I'm sorry if my message came over like that.

However, there are many westerners who do come to Egypt and who do come to this board wanting precisely what I described and it is really beginning to annoy me. You could argue that it is a chicken and egg situation, and that it was because the westerners were offered high salaries to "tempt" them to come here in the first place that the Egyptians then got used to the idea that they had more money and tried to benefit from it. And also why should foreigners not take advantage of the system that is already in place, as they didn't create it.

But when I keep on hearing foreigners saying that they wouldn't work for an "Egyptian salary" and that as a foreigner they "deserve to be paid more!", and that "you couldn't expect a foreigner to work for those wages!" and then I look around at the Egyptians who would love to even have a job, it strikes a nasty chord and makes me feel that there is something wrong and it needs to change.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com