EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » dentist in cairo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dentist in cairo?
Loella
Member # 7456

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Loella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m going to study arabic this summer in egypt and since I have a problem tooth and dentists are extremely expensive in sweden I was wondering if anybody knows about the prices in egypt?

I need to replace my tooth with a totally new one... Is it expensive? Are there a lot of good dentists?

Thankful if someone could help...

Posts: 2 | From: Malmö, Sweden | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Loella!

You didn’t say which area of Cairo you would be studying in, but if it’s Nasr City, I know of a good female dentist who charges about 120 LE for a white filling and 600+ LE for a crown, I don’t know how much she would charge for a full tooth, but that will give you an idea of prices. I did find one dentist that charged 400 LE for a crown, and heard of one who charged 30 LE for a filling, but the quality of service for both of them was poor.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get it done at home.I went to see a very highly regarded dentist in Alexandria once.I had an absess under a compacted lower wisdom tooth,he said the only way to get to the absess was to remove the wisdom tooth,True enough,exept he told me to come back the next day and he would whip it out there and then.I declined the offer and back in the uk went in to hospital and had an OPERATION to remove it.I was told a dentist should not even be trying to remove impacted widom teeth.You have been warned!!
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you go to Cairo, use ElSaeed Abdu ElHafez, and his number is 010-5061-520 mobile, office is 683-2502.

He took great care of my husband, who had bridges, crowns, extractions, root canals done over a 6 week period. My husband said this dentist was great, and I plan to use him when I return to Cairo.

Good luck!
His assistant does not speak english but the dentist does.

If you visit this dentist would you please tell him Salem Eldousoky (my husband) sends his regards.

[This message has been edited by Shadya (edited 30 April 2005).]

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newcomer and Shadya, do the dentists you mentioned do braces?

[This message has been edited by Nora (edited 01 May 2005).]

Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nora!

Not sure about the braces, you could phone and ask her, Dr. Mai Sibai, 112 Mostafa El-Nahas St. Tel: 6714383

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nora:
Newcomer and Shadya, do the dentists you mentioned do braces?

[This message has been edited by Nora (edited 01 May 2005).]

Nora,

My husband said he is unsure about the braces. I would call the dentist before making any arrangements.

Sorry I could'nt be more helpful.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiemat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do they do tooth whitening
Posts: 70 | From: australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks newcomer & shadya, i'll just call them when I decide to get braces.
Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by aussiemat:
do they do tooth whitening

The dentist I mentioned doesn't do tooth whitening although she does do cleaning and polishing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com