EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Working in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Working in Egypt
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for gingerlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone would have information for me regarding finding a job in Cairo. Can I work over there on my Husband's work visa or do I need a separate one???? I am also a beauty and massage therapist and any information on good spas, salray etc would be a lot of help.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crsty74
Member # 7145

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crsty74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do not know about where you can work but i am looking for a great hear dresser.. where are you from???

quote:
Originally posted by gingerlily:
I was wondering if anyone would have information for me regarding finding a job in Cairo. Can I work over there on my Husband's work visa or do I need a separate one???? I am also a beauty and massage therapist and any information on good spas, salray etc would be a lot of help.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 29 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gingerlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am English. Unfortunately I am not a hairdresser,I just do beauty and massage treatments.

Is it difficult to find a good hairdresser in Cairo? What about other things like shopping???? Is the selection good over there with regards to imported stuff???

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gingerlily, I am happy another "lily" here on ES.

Anyway, regarding your job hunt in Cairo you shouldn't have big problems finding work. Apply to major hotels, look for the most pay and benefits, check on the working conditions. You will be gladly welcomed as many women desperate looking for a foreign female masseuse. There was not long ago a topic by krissy(?) in the other forum "Share your Egyptian Experiences" where she made an unpleasant experience with a male Egyptian masseur in one of the hotels on the Red Sea.

I believe you will get your work visa from the hotel stating that they have to employ you as non-Egyptian as only you will be able to justify the job requirements.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 02 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gingerlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for your reply Tigerlily. I will have a look when I get there.

I heard that the spa in the Four seasons is quite good. Anyone here try out their treatments? Are they expensive????

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com