EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » brazillian waxing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: brazillian waxing
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for gingerlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi girls. I know that Egypt is a conservative country but does anyone know of a place that does brazillian bikini waxing???
Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pollina
Member # 6404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pollina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
conservative? a real egyptian lady has no single hair on her body exept head and eyebrows!
Posts: 182 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gingerlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know where they get the treatments done????
Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pollina:
conservative? a real egyptian lady has no single hair on her body exept head and eyebrows!

How do you know??????

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMK
Member # 7180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TMK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gingerlily,

Most egyptian women don't wax but use the halawa method. A cooked mixture of sugar, water, and a little lemon. It is about the same as waxig, but you may need to go over the skin a couple times, and requires a little more pulling. The result is smooth. And yes, they take the hair off everywhere!. Some women come to your house, but most hair salons offer the halawa service. Not sure where you can find waxing.

Posts: 40 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pollina:

Thank you thank you thank you for this thread!!! I believe the husband performs the first ermmmm... cleaning? Have wondered if this this could be compared to dogs marking their territory? that if you happen to have an intercource with a shaved lady, if she happens be not very informative herself, then at least the male party if wishes can have doubts as to with whom he actually is sharing this lady? But from what I've understand about islam (NO ONE to see the area between your knees and waist, right?) the less affluent probably do it themselves at home, with help of dear true Gilette, while the more affluent and the Gulf ladies.. hmm.. maybe fly in to Paris? Not that they could not afford to fly to Coppacabana but I think the trip would be too long. Or then they use the eunuchs, personal and well paid? Could they still have the kind?

But if no one knows I must seriously consider, among other things, opening a beauty salon with brazil waxing and superb haircuts, I'll just import people from my country per fortnight and let them enjoy sun for one week, work to make up for travel for second, brilliant or what? Otherwise I'll take up something with either cotton or camel wool, Egypt is so grossssssly underexploited, and the poor tourists in sharm really have no-thing to buy except sheeshas, and you can only have one sheesha per household, right?, and not everybody even smokes so much. All people travelling in to Sharm to work there instead of staying at their beautiful homes by immemorable monuments and sending in their produce only, at higest possible markup. anyone want join? (will be thankful for the brazil wax contact data, still, please)

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 08 May 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:

Thank you thank you thank you for this thread!!! I believe the husband performs the first ermmmm... cleaning?

No way

A bride prepares for her wedding night with great throughness. In the rural areas they have what is called the henna party where she is throughly waxed and then has henna applied. Some of the patterns are beautiful and incorporate the initials of bride and groom. Most ladies coffiers do this service, there are also local ladies who are skilled, I know of one bride her mother and married sister did it for her. It is a special girly time, other ladies in the family might also have henna patterns applied, including small girls.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pollina
Member # 6404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pollina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how i know? all egyptians are telling me. Because body hair is considered unclean and therefore the whole person is considered unclean. That's why many (if not all) shave, wax, whatever. Has a religious and hygenic background. and to be honest: once u start it, u will do it again as the skin really gets smooth.
Posts: 182 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The conservatism comes in for the religious ones who don’t let anyone else remove anything from the naval to the knee; they do it themselves. They will have started to do it from early puberty and will do it every 40 days. There are however, many salons that will do waxing/halawa in these areas, but not all, so you would just need to go to a decent/clean looking one and ask first. Not sure about the Brazilian waxing though, what’s special about that?
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
newcomer,

A regular bikini wax is when the hair is removed from the areas that could be seen when you wear a bathing suit. It's usually just aroung the crease of the legs and is not very extreme.

A Brazilian wax, which I just got at the request of my Egyptian boyfriend (now I know why), is when they remove the hair from your entire private area... ALL OF IT! They will leave a small triangle if you want or you can make special requests.

I went to a salon where a woman did the waxing. I've gone to her for years for a regular wax. The Brazilian is very expensive ($50)!

[This message has been edited by Gail (edited 08 May 2005).]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gail!

Youn can do that type of waxing here for less than $1 if you do it at home

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ginger, i'm not sure about the wax but i think you should try 7alwa because its pretty much the same effect. if you want email me, and i'll give you the mobile number of a lady who can come over to your house, and can do your whole body for 40. i know another lady also who takes about 25 pounds. yasminefathy@hotmail.com

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gingerlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you 7aya. I'm not in egypt yet but when I get there, I would be interested in the sugaring.

nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sugaring all over... Sounds nice
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried waxing that area myself and it was a nightmare! But I woudl like to know more about this sugar method. Can anyone tell me how to do that?
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
I am a beauty therapist myself and still I do not give myself a brizillian as it is impossible for me to reach certain areas as well as pull my skin taught enough for it to be bearable.

Sugaring originates from the middle east and there are two types. Hard paste and soft paste. I don't have a recipe but I'm sure someone here may have one.

Good luck girls. Grin and bare it

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried sugaring myself a few years ago. It was a disaster. I just can't seem to get it right. I guess it's a talent.

Anyone tried laser? You hear about it all over the place, but I haven't actually seen anyone who's done it.

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok girls so we wax or sugar and suffer the pain but what about the men.... .......does anyone know a man who is man enough to wax?????????
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Ok girls so we wax or sugar and suffer the pain but what about the men.... .......does anyone know a man who is man enough to wax?????????

lol that was funny...men would rather go through fire before even thinking about waxing!!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

Nice one Penny, I think the correct answer to that is feel mish mish

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my cousin tried the laser and said its great. its 100 L.E a session. i'm seriously thinking about it too!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
my cousin tried the laser and said its great. its 100 L.E a session. i'm seriously thinking about it too!

How many sessions would one need? Is that for the whole body?

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Could you, please, give us more details about this beauty salon, like an address or a telephone number?

Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
If I'm not mistaken, the only permanent hair removal procedure is electrolysis. Laser is good but there is a chance that hair may grow back again.

As for men, I have waxed a few of them and I had to commend them for their bravery. I have not given a man a brazillian though.

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NourHayati:
Could you, please, give us more details about this beauty salon, like an address or a telephone number?

Check out any magazine, there are usually lots of ads in there for laser hair removal. Or ask a dermatologist.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gingerlily:

As for men, I have waxed a few of them and I had to commend them for their bravery. I have not given a man a brazillian though.

Gingerlily, I am kind of envious of your job choice. All I ever worked on was on the computer - sooooooo boring!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the only permanent hair removal procedure is electrolysis. Laser is good but there is a chance that hair may grow back again.

Hey Ginger I'd love to know more about electrolysis. Where would be the best place to do it? How much would it cost? Does it have any side effects?

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kkkaaa:
[B]im just wondering....

r u all scared of having hair.!?

KA, this is a no go zone for men. The girls are talking women affairs, man.

Go and watch yourself a football match.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerlily
Member # 7479

Rate Member
LOL Tigerlily. I used to work in an office and I got bored. I also went to culinary school and later found out that the kitchen is no place for a girly girl like me. So I decided to go down the beauty road which I always was interested in. I love it. Its so much fun and I feel that there's no beating being happy with what you do.

On a different note, electrolysis... I am not qualified in this field and do not perform this treatment but It's 100% effective in permanently removing hair. It involves a tiny needle which is inserted into the hair follicle then it is zapped cauterizing the mitotically (growing part) active area retarding growth of new hair.

Possible effects could occur if incorrect techniques are used. Raised bumps, blisters, burning of the skin, blue-black mark, and permament scars to name a few.

Laser and pulsed light is good and it reduces hair growth considerably but is not a permanent means of epilation.

I hope this helps girls.

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Laser and pulsed light is good and it reduces hair growth considerably but is not a permanent means of epilation.

Hm ... I read a lot about this lately, also watched a documentary on German TV a few weeks ago and it's always said that it is permanent.

Maybe the technology improved the past years?

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once i was teasing my brother about that he wasnt man enough to try waxing...and so you know hohw stupid men can get, he said do it then! so i took my waxing equipment and waxed is whole back!! hehehe ..you should see him..he was begging me for mercy..MUAHAHAHA
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
He should have been thankful that you didn't wax his chest.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
He should have been thankful that you didn't wax his chest.

LOL or his..............!

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

I heard that laser treatment only works on dark hair, it’s not effective on light hair. Is this true?
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
I heard that laser treatment only works on dark hair, it’s not effective on light hair. Is this true?

Yes, it is. The darkest the hair, the most effective the laser treatment. And it can be permanent, too.

Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

Yes, because it works by contrast, so it's best if you have dark hair and white skin. They also advice you not to go into the sun or on a sunbed prior to the treatment so that you don't have a tan.

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK girls. It sounds great, but can someone reccommend a place they've tried (or someone they know has tried), because I've heard there are loads of dodgy places that don't do it properly.
PrincessJasmine
Member # 8698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrincessJasmine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone know a man who is man enough to wax?????????

yes i know of a guy who is man enough to wax. he gets his back and chest waxed at a salon.

Posts: 14 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PrincessJasmine1980:
yes i know of a guy who is man enough to wax. he gets his back and chest waxed at a salon.

Better say he's woman enough to wax!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Better say he's woman enough to wax!

But some guys really should wax both the chest and the back, we wouldn't be able to tell if they were human if they didn't!

Sometimes at Montazah beach it looks like a group of apes!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

There are guys out who wax their total bodies. I personally don't like it, a man needs to have hair somewhere, I love it on the chest - the more the better.

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

100 LE? ya 7abibti ya masr,....I paid around 1000 LE for 6 sessions and it turned out to be a big joke!
When I asked why it didn't work with me, they said bcz I insist on being tanned and laser doesnt work with tanned skin! well, they should ve told me earlier yaani! Dubai beauticians!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:
laser doesnt work with tanned skin! well, they should ve told me earlier yaani! Dubai beauticians!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have read this thread earlier.

Seriously – the fact that it doesn't work on tanned skin (or on light skin with blond hair, for that matter) is well known; they definitely should have informed you about that ...

LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Won't do the wax there ouch!! My lover cuts mine for me periodically, it can be quiet nice! LOL!
I don't see what all the fuss is about hardly any of us wear tini bikinis or mini skirts or short, shorts over here...let them deal with the fuzz under the covs.

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com