EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian s PLS ADVISE!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian s PLS ADVISE!!
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey s I just thought that this warrants a new topic. Who would better be able to give advise as to how to deal best with your partner and other difficult situations in Egypt? So how do you s so effortlessly get your way with your man without an argument? Ive seen this its amazing! And how do you deal with silly s harrassing you and your man?
Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know whats hilarious? how opinions are turned into facts! one foreign girl says that egyptian women know how to get their way with men and all of a suddent its a fact! ya gigli, ya 7abebti, in egypt like in any coutnry husbands and wives fight, scream and then make up. its human nature and egypt is no different.
and where did you get the idea that women get what they want so effortlessly? i suggest you go to the family court and have a talk with the 12,000 women who are trying to establish a proof of paternity, or the thousands other divorced women who have been going to court for years to get their nafka (the money a man give his wife after divorce) and then tell me if you still think egyptian women get their way with their men "effortlessly"

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
american gal
Member # 7382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for american gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gigli! Though not Egyptian, I don't think a healthy relationship is about "getting your way". It's more about learning to blend two lives together and compromise, compromise, compromise!! My fiance grew up in Egypt (very different culture than mine obviously) and later he went to school and lived here in the states for seven years. Even when two people come from the same culture/country/religion, etc. they still need to learn to give and take. When two people come from vastly different cultures, the art of compromise is even more important to learn. Trying to learn "how to get your way" with your man sounds like learning how to become manipulative. And, if manipulative is what you need to become in order to get some of what you want, then it's time to move on. Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by gigli:
Hey s I just thought that this warrants a new topic. Who would better be able to give advise as to how to deal best with your partner and other difficult situations in Egypt? So how do you s so effortlessly get your way with your man without an argument? Ive seen this its amazing! And how do you deal with silly s harrassing you and your man?

Posts: 44 | From: Massachusetts - U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see that I should have put a smiley next to my comment, is was meant more as a tongue-in-cheek comment than a serious one!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey s check out the smiley I also said it tongue in cheek! But I have noticed that Egyptian s do have sweet way to sweet talk the object of their affection. Im a bit like a bull in a china shop and charge straight on with my very honest, not so subtle opinions and then just go bla bla bla at which points he either wants to hang me by my ears or falls asleep. Im young. Its HARD!!!!
Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com