EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Microchipping my Cat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Microchipping my Cat
ChrisBliss
Member # 7749

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisBliss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know where in Cairo I can get my cat microchipped?? URGENT
Posts: 5 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i only know somebody in hurghada who is doing that... but maybe you can contact animal friends in cairo - they might know...
sorry, don't got their number....

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisBliss
Member # 7749

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisBliss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got this information from a Dubai Pet Relocater:

Dr. Rafik Nashed, in Zamalek, Cairo near the Gezira Club

Tel: 20 2 7362402

I called him up, the cost for micro-chipping is EGP 200

10:30 - 13:00 and 18:00 - 22:00 Saturday-Friday / Sunday closed

Posts: 5 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's a very nice vet.
But what the heck is microchipping?

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heared that they do microchipping at P.D.S.A Animal Hospital
El Sikkael Beyda Str. Abbassaya
Dr.Osama Safar 012-341-2645
Dr. Mohamed Salah 02-419-6909
Dr. AmrAdly 010-145-6339
The doctors also make home visit.
Have a nice day!

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisBliss
Member # 7749

Rate Member
Dalia,

A small micro chip can hold all the information of a pet including the owner and medical history. The chip will then be implanted under the skin at the neck, it can't be felt. With a scanner all the information of the pet can then be uploaded to a computer. This will help if the pet is getting lost or has an accident.

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalia,if u wanna travel with ur animal to a country tht is member of the european union(maybe america also,i donno) ur animal MUST have this microchip..its a little chip that the doctor puts under the animal`s skin by an injection needle (lol i donno this word in english :P) and it has a number (code) ,so when u arrive at the airport they have a machine that can ^read^ this number ,so they know all the details about ur animal if he/she got all the injections,if he/she is healthy where the animal is from blabla..thats a new system i think since 1 year.Thank god i didnt have to make it with my puppy coz in his ear he has a tattoo tht contains these numbers so i just needed a european union passport for animals hahaha..its so funny.Anyway its quite expensive thing to do,in hungary they wanted 40$,for the passport 20$,for the check up b4 giving all these 15$ and then ofcourse u must pay at the airport and the animal is automatically OVERWEIGHT..at the hungarian airlines 1kg extra is 13$..my dog is 4 kgs..Hope u could understand me,sorry for the bad english but i tried my best lol
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBliss:
Dalia,

A small micro chip can hold all the information of a pet including the owner and medical history. The chip will then be implanted under the skin at the neck, it can't be felt. With a scanner all the information of the pet can then be uploaded to a computer. This will help if the pet is getting lost or has an accident.

I don't understand how this would help in Cairo. Wouldn't someone have to take the cat to a vet who could read this info on the computer? How would you even know the cat had it? A collar with your name/phone in arabic/english on your pet would be more efficient, no?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisBliss
Member # 7749

Rate Member
That’s right, it might be useless here in Cairo but elsewhere it can be of a big help. Certain countries require the pets to be micro-chipped like the UAE where I am moving to. Before moving to Cairo, I was living in Tokyo and there all the information was in Japanese! This was the reason I did not tag my Persian cat Alisha. I just required tons of papers for the export and import out of Japan into Egypt. Upon my arrival at Cairo airport, nobody even had a look at my cat! Useless, isn’t it?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be aware with microchipping of your pets that different countries use different microchipping systems in meaning that the scanners are not compatable and therefore might not be able to read the inserted chip.

When I traveled from the US back to Germany neither at New York nor at Frankfurt airport customs didn't want to see my pet. Think about it I could have smuggled a crocodile.... (next on my list, just kidding ).

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 26 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wallahi when I first saw this thread I thought it said you wanted to MICROSHIP your cat!
I thought to myself, 'how cruel!' LOL

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nooralhaq:
[B]wallahi when I first saw this thread I thought it said you wanted to MICROSHIP your cat!
-----------

I wonder if I could macro-chip my husband so he does not get lost..!?

[This message has been edited by salama (edited 26 May 2005).]

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nooralhaq:
[B]wallahi when I first saw this thread I thought it said you wanted to MICROSHIP your cat!
-----------

I wonder if I could macro-chip my husband so he does not get lost..!?

[This message has been edited by salama (edited 26 May 2005).]

Yeah salama there's a technique my mother would use all the time that worked miraculously, he found her instead of mother finding him.

Go to your most favorite expensive boutique, whip out your Amex or Visa and have the sales clerk ring up $500 or more worth of merchandise. He'll come running in moments or at the very latest he'll come home crying asking what you bought.

Works every time!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sonomod:
[B]
Yeah salama there's a technique my mother would use all the time that worked miraculously, he found her instead of mother finding him.

Go to your most favorite expensive boutique, whip out your Amex or Visa and have the sales clerk ring up $500 or more worth of merchandise. He'll come running in moments or at the very latest he'll come home crying asking what you bought.

Lol.
But sadly such trick would not work with him though.
All his money is already in my hand.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com