EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » good schools for childrenage3-7yrs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: good schools for childrenage3-7yrs
booknut
Member # 7768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for booknut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello.My family is moving to Eygt soon,and I would really appreciate any suggestions for good schools to send my children to,they are aged 3yrs and 7 yrs.We will be living in Hurghada,and we would like a school where English is the main language taught,but I would love for the kids to learn Arabic too.Someone told me about the"British International School in EL GOUNA"is this school also referred to as "The International School in El Gouna?" and "THE ST Joseph School" .Thank you.
Posts: 6 | From: st.lucia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi booknut,

the school in el gouna www.elgounaschool.com is the only international school around..... their teaching language is english, but there is french, german or arabic possible as second language
visit the website for the fees and the admission stuff required..

st. joseph is near the airport, but they are not an international school. i don't know if they have a website.... their main teaching language is arabic and they are following the egyptian system......which is getting difficult if your kids want to study later in europe....

there is a new french school now in hurghada, but i don't know much about it - if you want i can try to find out......

hope that helps!!!

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
booknut
Member # 7768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for booknut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your quick response.I will try their website.Please check out the new French school for me.
Posts: 6 | From: st.lucia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
booknut
Member # 7768

Rate Member
Hello,i am moving to Egypt soon,and I was wondering should women wear over there.I heard there were some rules about that.Do they have department stoes in hurghada?Sorry for sounding so naive,I have so many questions.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by booknut:
Hello,i am moving to Egypt soon,and I was wondering should women wear over there.I heard there were some rules about that.Do they have department stoes in hurghada?Sorry for sounding so naive,I have so many questions.

Please just cover your breasts and don't trot around in a thong.

For clothes, Cairo might the nearest shopping venue. Otherwise Dubai trip once a year might help keep you up to date fashionwise.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends if you are married to an Egyptian or not - if so then you need to wear modest clothing.

Hurghada is a touristic town (in meaning its not a typical Egyptian city) and has seen almost everything - well you'll know what I mean upon arrival.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 28 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alright than... will try to find out something about the french school - but as far as i know they are not registered as international jet....

will let you know....

your question of what to wear... i can just agree with tiger, depends on and you will get almost all you need...

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
booknut
Member # 7768

Rate Member
Thank you for your responses.I have another question.I am a black woman from the caribbean and my husband is English,all my friends said that the children and I,since they are of a mixed race will have problems there,do you think I should be concerned about that?
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
my daughter is visiting the el gouna school and she is having black kids in her class and in the school..... nobody is having any problems with different nationalities as they are really multi cultural

don't worry about that!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com