EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » WANTED- unfurnished apt wanted in cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED- unfurnished apt wanted in cairo
tracey2BNegypt
Member # 7792

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for tracey2BNegypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I have been searching for an apt in cairo and everything seems to be furnished. Is it possible to even get an unfurnished apt! Thanks

Posts: 27 | From: new jersey, usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Essam_elbadry
Member # 5817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Essam_elbadry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tracey .
you can get unfurished apt with amount 1000 Pounds in Elharam Street .
i can find one for you .
Essam Elbadry
essam_elbadry@link.net
essam_elbadry@hotmail.com
bye and have a nice time

Posts: 24 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi tracey2BNegypt!

Yes, it is possible to get an unfurnished apartment in Egypt, but if you are coming here on your own and you don’t speak the local language, I would suggest that you got a furnished apartment first until you get to know the ropes. Unfurnished here means just the walls, doors, and windows! Depends on the area and price, there may be a fitted kitchen, but that would just be cupboards and a sink, not fridge, cooker, washing machine. There may not even be curtain rails, coat hooks, towel rails, etc. in the apartment. Furnishing is not a simple process either as second-hand furniture is not easily come by as it is in the west, unless you happen to know ex-pats who are leaving the country, for example. Most people who move into an unfurnished apartment either buy new furniture, which is expensive if you have western tastes or get it made, and you need contacts for that.

You may find unfurnished apartments through the internet, but they will be the more expensive end of the market, the best way to get a cheaper one is by deciding on the area you like and then going around asking the bawabs (doormen) if they know of any vacant apartments to let. For this you would be better of having a local with you to communicate with the bawabs and also keep the price down. I thought that you said you were coming over here to get married; this is a job for your fiancé, not for you. He would be much better placed and able to get something for a decent price, but you might want him to wait for you to come as you may have different tastes when it comes to where is a nice place to live!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracey2BNegypt
Member # 7792

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracey2BNegypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for all the info- yes, i am getting married there. however, as discussed on other forums about egyptian men and time. i am a planner- he is not. he hasnt looked yet and i am beginning to panic! therefore, as we american women often do- i took charge so that is why im asking! whew!
Posts: 27 | From: new jersey, usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
medo70
Member # 7879

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for medo70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi tracey2BNegypt,
Excuse me,I'm sorry to say that,As I'm egyptian man (34 y) .I know my culture well ,When a man does not plan for his marriage (for his future wife) that means not he is not a panner but means he does not care ,he does not love his mate as well. I'm sorry again but be careful from him he may cheating you.
Take care of your self
Yours
Thanks

Posts: 53 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com