EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Old Books

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old Books
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ppl, its me again
Well I was wondering if you guys could help me to find a bookstore that sells old books.
I would really really REALLY appreciate that.
Thanks in advance,
Sara

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can order old and new books from www.amazon.com
Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks mimmi..but i was looking after som old arabic books, also the english books i was trying to find wasnt there
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
thanks mimmi..but i was looking after som old arabic books, also the english books i was trying to find wasnt there

If u r located in Cairo, Then you might find wt u need at (Eldiwan book store) in zamalk area.

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crypt76
Member # 23

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crypt76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there, am into books myself, have tons i would like to exchange and know lots of places to get old and used books....if u care to contact me please do so through crypt76@hotmail.com

best regards

Posts: 153 | From: cairo, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi sara. auc has a rare books and special collections library. you can check it online if you want. i dont think you can buy the books though.
you can also find old books in the madbouly bookstores all over cairo. if you want you can tell me some of the titles you are looking for and i will check them. i go there often

best

[This message has been edited by 7aya (edited 08 June 2005).]

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope it helps: http://www.jarirbooks.net/home.asp?uri=1000&frst=1000

Good luck!

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
If u r located in Cairo, Then you might find wt u need at (Eldiwan book store) in zamalk area.

been there , I love that store! I went there everyday last visit.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crypt76:
hey there, am into books myself, have tons i would like to exchange and know lots of places to get old and used books....if u care to contact me please do so through crypt76@hotmail.com

best regards

If you knew some locations of those bookstores i would really appreciate that! For now I dont have that many old books, but i do have to old qurans from the 17th century. But I would like to gather more books. would really appreciate it if you could help me find those stores with old books.
thanks in advance,
Sara

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
hi sara. auc has a rare books and special collections library. you can check it online if you want. i dont think you can buy the books though.
you can also find old books in the madbouly bookstores all over cairo. if you want you can tell me some of the titles you are looking for and i will check them. i go there often

best

[This message has been edited by 7aya (edited 08 June 2005).]

hey 7aya, I will come soon to cairo inshallah, just a matter of short time. you see I am very interested in old poetry from old britain also in old books with quotations and phrases, old arabic history and also old arabic poetry.
Its not a specific book I am looking for but its in these subjects i would like to find them in. (sorry for my writing, my fingers hurts :S) You dont have to trouble yourself with finding the books, if you have the adress i can visit when I come to cairo.

thanks in advance,
sara

Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the Cairo Book Fair has old english & arabic books, but that's only once a year (february i think). But I heard that the book-sellers in the Cairo Book Fair have stores in a place called Ataba. That's all I know though Sorry

[This message has been edited by Nora (edited 08 June 2005).]

Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
hey 7aya, I will come soon to cairo inshallah, just a matter of short time. you see I am very interested in old poetry from old britain also in old books with quotations and phrases, old arabic history and also old arabic poetry.
Its not a specific book I am looking for but its in these subjects i would like to find them in. (sorry for my writing, my fingers hurts :S) You dont have to trouble yourself with finding the books, if you have the adress i can visit when I come to cairo.

thanks in advance,
sara

it won't be a problem sara because i go there a3latool. feeh wa7d fe tiba mall, we feeh wa7d tani fe west el balad gamb auc. dol eli ana fakrahom delwa2ti bas bardo inshallah when i go ill ask for you.

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zeina20
Member # 569

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zeina20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey
there is a souk for used book called elazbakiya near Attaba , and last time i was in khan elkhaily i saw another shop but i was with some tourists and i couldn't stop , but i'll go a gain and find it , any way if you know where is el husyin Mosque the side gate near the sweat seller, and the Kotab of Ahmed pasha the first lane and then turn left or just ask when u go there ,i'm sure that u will find it.Any way i'll go soon and i'll let u know .

Posts: 47 | From: tour guide | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zeina20:
hey
there is a souk for used book called elazbakiya near Attaba , and last time i was in khan elkhaily i saw another shop but i was with some tourists and i couldn't stop , but i'll go a gain and find it , any way if you know where is el husyin Mosque the side gate near the sweat seller, and the Kotab of Ahmed pasha the first lane and then turn left or just ask when u go there ,i'm sure that u will find it.Any way i'll go soon and i'll let u know .

Crimedy I have been wondering were in Attaba they have the public bookstore that is sponsored by Suzanne Mubarak. Mostly academic books but all titles are in Arabic language.

I am wondering because he happened to stumble upon it and now none of use remember the address or how to get there.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com