EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » You got the money?, then you are innocent (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You got the money?, then you are innocent
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jackson cleared of all charges

Click to enlarge photo

SANTA MARIA, Calif (Reuters) - Michael Jackson was cleared of all charges on Monday after a bitter four-month trial on child sex abuse charges.

The jury in central California cleared the pop star on four counts of child molestation, one count of attempted molestation, four charges of giving alcohol to a minor and one charge of conspiracy to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion.

Click to enlarge photo

Conviction on all the counts could have sent Jackson to prison for nearly 20 years.

Jackson, 46, who had strenuously denied the charges, dabbed at his eyes with a tissue as the verdict was read to a courtroom packed with reporters and fans of the entertainer. Outside the court, fans screamed and hugged each other in delight.

Click to enlarge photo

The "King of Pop" looked stunned and gaunt as he left the court but held his hand up his hand and blew a kiss at fans as he made a hasty exit into his motorcade.

The jury of eight women and four men deliberated for seven days before acquitting Jackson. They had to consider testimony by 140 witnesses and some 600 items of evidence.

The prosecution case rested heavily on Jackson's accuser -- a now 15-year-old high school student who testified under oath that the pop icon molested him at least twice after nights of heavy drinking at Neverland.

Defense attorneys argued that the boy had invented the molestation at the urging of his mother -- who they portrayed as a grifter who targeted celebrities.

Jackson, a former child star who released one of the best selling pop albums of all time in "Thriller," did not take the witness stand in his own defense.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm disgusted in the way this turned out. I'm embarassed of american legal system. It's true, if you got the money...then you're innocent. Unfortunate, but true.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its unbelievable. i'm truly shocked. he should have been an example for all child molesters. many children who are sexually abused do not speak out because they are scared that they would be accused of lying. after this high profile case, this fear will only be amplified. its a sad sad world.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
[B]I'm disgusted in the way this turned out. I'm embarassed of american legal system. It's true, if you got the money...then you're innocent. Unfortunate, but true.

And this is not the first time happened..Remember that very guilty looking black actor/ former football player who killed his wife and turned out innocent still inspite of the various evidence.
Money talks loud in America.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it talks loud in egypt too. remember that guy who used to pick street girls (very young 8,9 or 10) and take them to his home, and then videotape them while he's having sex with them. he's also free and roaming the streets at this moment. i dont think he even had a trial. as i said its a sad world.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
american gal
Member # 7382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for american gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, it's not just America... it's the world over, unfortunately. If you are wealthy and famous, you get a lot of breaks. Money talks... just look at the scum in Aruba who most likely killed that high school girl 2 weeks ago. One of their daddies is well connected so he's been sheltered (so far anyway). At least we have a legal system here, even if it's not perfect (nothing is after all). Maybe these foolish parents should stop letting their kids sleep at Neverland Ranch...

quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
I'm disgusted in the way this turned out. I'm embarassed of american legal system. It's true, if you got the money...then you're innocent. Unfortunate, but true.

Posts: 44 | From: Massachusetts - U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least we have a judicial system? A corrupt one. Just look at our prisons. America is the only country in the world that releases felons into Resdidential Community Corrections program because of the over population. That means they have no supervision. There are more prisoners in California than the entire Europe. Our judicial system in a whole is corrupt and it's embarassing. MJ had money, just like OJ and Blake. Money speaks louder than guilt, and they have deep pockets.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
[B]I'm disgusted in the way this turned out. I'm embarassed of american legal system. It's true, if you got the money...then you're innocent. Unfortunate, but true.

And this is not the first time happened..Remember that very guilty looking black actor/ former football player who killed his wife and turned out innocent still inspite of the various evidence.
Money talks loud in America.

Salama I am very sorry that the verdict didn't match your opinion.

And frankly speaking I believe that the justice system in Egypt is even more screwy.

MONEY TALKS LOUD IN EGYPT TOO.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiger, money talks anywhere in the world.

Yet I have noticied the Swiss are pretty much on the ball.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempted
Member # 7993

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for tempted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If money talked so loud in America he wouldnt have had a TRIAL to began with. He could have used his money to pay off judges, pay off prosecutors, pay off the family, pay off the police officers, and pay off a few reporters, oops sounds like I'm talking about EGYPT!!!!!!!!!

You have to pay-off everybody in this corrupted ass country, even the f*cking traffic police that let you pass because they don't have any fu cking traffic lights, and if they did, the idiots wouldnt obey them anyway!! And forbid if you get in a hit and run accident, because the mercedes driver is driving with tags registered to a f*cking Fiat for someone he paid off at the traffic office!!!

At least we do have a jury and dont base our laws of the damn Bible!!!

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tempted:

At least we do have a jury and dont base our laws of the damn Bible!!!

i hate to break it to you tempted but egypt does not apply the sharia law.
i just want to ask why do you have to be defensive and rude. i just said that this happens in egypt too, and so did salama. why do you have to call us a fucking ass country?
tigerlily, i think if michael jackson was tried and freed in egypt, salama would have been pissed too. but as soon as she said she wasn't happy with the verdict, you had a go at egypt. why?

Pollina
Member # 6404

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pollina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In dubio pro reo!
Have you been in the bedroom with him and the kids? Me not. Unless you are not 100% sure, he is innocent in the eyes of justice. So be careful to judge something where you don't have a proof.

Posts: 182 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
but as soon as she said she wasn't happy with the verdict, you had a go at egypt. why?

Why?

Check out here frequent side kicks against the US in her postings. Last one was in topic "A few problems I see with Egypt" by Tarek307 in the "Egyptians Abroad" forum.

Thats why.

And Salama's chosed topic "You got the money, then you are innocent" which is directed towards what she believes unfair justice system in the US - the same words apply then definitely towards the Egyptian one even if some people on here don't want to admit it.

And thats just fine with me, I am here to remember them.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 14 June 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempted
Member # 7993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tempted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i hate to break it to you tempted but egypt does not apply the sharia law.
i just want to ask why do you have to be defensive and rude. i just said that this happens in egypt too, and so did salama. why do you have to call us a fucking ass country?
tigerlily, i think if michael jackson was tried and freed in egypt, salama would have been pissed too. but as soon as she said she wasn't happy with the verdict, you had a go at egypt. why?

Are you just plain dumb? Break it to me, you need to break it to yourself, some of Egypts laws are based off Islam, ask any attorney in Egypt. I never said all.

Also I never said Egypt was a "fucking ass country" I said "corrupted ass", and nothing will change how I feel about that, I dont give a damn how sensitive you are, you need to face reality.

And yes you did say money talked in a Egypt, but you also said the guy didnt even go to trial, which is so typical in Egypt. I said, and I repeat "at least he had a trial", and so did the other " guilty look black guy" Salama was talking about, he had a trial too.

And to my knowledge, neither of those guys usd their money to pay-off the jury, the decision was made by a jury of the peers, maybe their money bought them the best attorneys, but so what. The thought of Egypt having a jury is laughable to say the least. Hell the thought of them having trial, not 5 years down the road, is laughable, lets get real.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tempted:
Are you just plain dumb? Break it to me, you need to break it to yourself, some of Egypts laws are based off Islam, ask any attorney in Egypt. I never said all.

Also I never said Egypt was a "fucking ass country" I said "corrupted ass", and nothing will change how I feel about that, I dont give a damn how sensitive you are, you need to face reality.

And yes you did say money talked in a Egypt, but you also said the guy didnt even go to trial, which is so typical in Egypt. I said, and I repeat "at least he had a trial", and so did the other " guilty look black guy" Salama was talking about, he had a trial too.

And to my knowledge, neither of those guys usd their money to pay-off the jury, the decision was made by a jury of the peers, maybe their money bought them the best attorneys, but so what. The thought of Egypt having a jury is laughable to say the least. Hell the thought of them having trial, not 5 years down the road, is laughable, lets get real.

well america is a corrupted ass country too. you've just voted twice for a president that is so stupid he doesnt know how many states you've got. you've waged a war on iraq under the umberalla of democracy when everyone knows including the americans themselves that its for the oil. since you guys are so interested in democracy why were you so late in intervening in bosnia. the answer is simple they have no oil. hmmm sounds corrupt to me.

[This message has been edited by 7aya (edited 14 June 2005).]

[This message has been edited by 7aya (edited 14 June 2005).]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess, we are not sticking to the topic after all, right 7aya??????
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Guess, we are not sticking to the topic after all, right 7aya??????

honey we have never been so in the topic as now. the post was about corruption right? tata!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
You are one hot-blooded Egyptian woman in a good way. I bet you'd wish this came out of a man's mouth.

Salam, tata!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

And don't put us on a table together, we would become best friends! Wallahy, I mean it!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:

And don't put us on a table together, we would become best friends! Wallahy, I mean it!

well ofcourse why not? disagreeing with someone doesnt mean that you dislike them.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think when it comes to MJ's thing, I think it was the right decission. there no evidence, not enough evidence to put him behind bars. You have to remember that is what the jury decides. They dont have to think with their feelings, but the fact is there enough evidence to say he is guilty?

he can have molested kids, but there is no proof of that, a playboy magazine or some wine isnt enought to put him behind bars.

the problem with child molestation and also with rape, its so hard to proof it. specially with child molestation, since there is two parties the grown up and the child. The grown up know how to put a child in a position that will make him uncertain of what happened was wrong at all. and also the grown up will know how to hide the evidence in a way that even if he got to court it wouldnt be enough to back up this theory. Maybe thats what Michael did, and maybe not.
What we should learn from all this trial, is to teach our children about "bad ppl" and what they should do if something like that should happen. And that is the big problem; I have never seen any country do something with that. Here in norway they teach you everything about sex, when you are at the age of 8 - 9 but nothing about child molesting. I think that this case should be a "wake up" call for all parents that they should be more carefull with their children and teach them about those things. Cause if we want to admit it or not, it happens a lot, more often that we will ever know about.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
well ofcourse why not? disagreeing with someone doesnt mean that you dislike them.

Thats what I am saying. We would have a lot of fun together.

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, and to stick to the subject, I have not voted for the deranged amoeba as our President.

Many mentioned here that money bought Mickey’s freedom, but I have seen no one mention that MONEY also got him in this kind of trouble in the first place. If he was some drunken bum hugging kids on the corner, he would get kicked in the ass by their father and that will be just about it. Since he got some dough hidden in the fountain in Neverland, kiddies get jolts of traumatic memories helped to their brains by caring parents and the high profile circus begins.
As I mentioned before, there are poor kids in the hoods all over the world being molested and killed by their own family members every day. These are the true silent victims our governments and we just as much MUST rescue at all cost.
I am not pro child molesters, I am just pro common sense in every applicable form and shape. It makes life easier, ladies and germs, so much easier indeed.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
First of all, and to stick to the subject, I have not voted for the deranged amoeba as our President.

Many mentioned here that money bought Mickey’s freedom, but I have seen no one mention that MONEY also got him in this kind of trouble in the first place. If he was some drunken bum hugging kids on the corner, he would get kicked in the ass by their father and that will be just about it. Since he got some dough hidden in the fountain in Neverland, kiddies get jolts of traumatic memories helped to their brains by caring parents and the high profile circus begins.
As I mentioned before, there are poor kids in the hoods all over the world being molested and killed by their own family members every day. These are the true silent victims our governments and we just as much MUST rescue at all cost.
I am not pro child molesters, I am just pro common sense in every applicable form and shape. It makes life easier, ladies and germs, so much easier indeed.

its always fun to read your posts.. always makes me smile thank God ppl like you excist!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Here in norway they teach you everything about sex, when you are at the age of 8 - 9 but nothing about child molesting. I think that this case should be a "wake up" call for all parents that they should be more carefull with their children and teach them about those things. Cause if we want to admit it or not, it happens a lot, more often that we will ever know about.

Sure I tell my six-year-old daughter about it, too many sexual child molestation, kidnapping and even murders cases are happening here even in my country. I surely don't explain to her what sex is yet (I call it "to shnooggle" ) but she is aware that there are bad men and women out there who want to harm children and she has to be careful. And believe me it works. She understand that these children - mostly girls - are dead, killed by these bad people, these children will never grow up, will never finish school, go to work, get married, have babies......... gosh think about it its so sad. How can you live as a parent with the knowledge that your child got molested and in some cases even killed by someone?

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

its always fun to read your posts.. always makes me smile thank God ppl like you excist!

Seren, you my angel! I will print your profound statement IMMEDIATELY and show it to my peeps who on a daily basis call me names, growl at me bearing their blood soaked fangs, chase me with sharp objects, abuse me in every possible way and in general have a very VERY special way of showing their undying love for me.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tigerlily:
[B]
Salama I am very sorry that the verdict didn't match your opinion.

And frankly speaking I believe that the justice system in Egypt is even more screwy.

Tiger, The verdict did NOT mastch the evidence either.
As for being Anti Yanki, this is NOT true either.But I would not make friends with Bush or supporters.

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
A man who changes his whole being and claims that it was his broken nose at childhood and his ever changing pegmentation that madfe him a whiteman..! IS NOT to be trusted.
His $25 millions that he has given to the other family whose son was abused by him is one evidence for sure.

Dracul
Member # 6893

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dracul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
it talks loud in egypt too. remember that guy who used to pick street girls (very young 8,9 or 10) and take them to his home, and then videotape them while he's having sex with them. he's also free and roaming the streets at this moment. i dont think he even had a trial. as i said its a sad world.

The guy was sentenced 5 years in prison..he died of neglected medical care after a severe heart attack..in February 2004..his name was Hisham Madkour, played a small role in a movie ' Short fanella we cap ' he was from a wealthy family, but the law was applied in Egypt.

By the way Michael Jackson had a fair trial in my opinion, he was being used by those parasites who were after his money..and he's now a free man, I am one of his fans, and I'm sure many of us remember his top hit album Thriller..an all time record in sales all over the world.
His personal life is his own problem..I like his songs till this day..especially BEAT IT.

Posts: 48 | From: Transylvania. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by snefru:
The guy was sentenced 5 years in prison..he died of neglected medical care after a severe heart attack..in February 2004..his name was Hisham Madkour, played a small role in a movie ' Short fanella we cap ' he was from a wealthy family, but the law was applied in Egypt.

By the way Michael Jackson had a fair trial in my opinion, he was being used by those parasites who were after his money..and he's now a free man, I am one of his fans, and I'm sure many of us remember his top hit album Thriller..an all time record in sales all over the world.
His personal life is his own problem..I like his songs till this day..especially BEAT IT.

I love many songs specially "human nature", "will you be there" and "who is it" it brings back sooo many memories!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
Seren, you my angel! I will print your profound statement IMMEDIATELY and show it to my peeps who on a daily basis call me names, growl at me bearing their blood soaked fangs, chase me with sharp objects, abuse me in every possible way and in general have a very VERY special way of showing their undying love for me.

hehe , reminded me of Buffy the vampireslayer!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
How can you live as a parent with the knowledge that your child got molested and in some cases even killed by someone?

I dont know if I would ever survive that. But I am still amazed of the mothers who belive this is not serious, and "it will never happen to MY daughter" talk.

1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by american gal:
Oh, it's not just America... it's the world over, unfortunately. If you are wealthy and famous, you get a lot of breaks. Money talks... just look at the scum in Aruba who most likely killed that high school girl 2 weeks ago. One of their daddies is well connected so he's been sheltered (so far anyway). At least we have a legal system here, even if it's not perfect (nothing is after all). Maybe these foolish parents should stop letting their kids sleep at Neverland Ranch...

thats right
that american girl missing in aruba has been plastered all over tvs lately
why is she special? because shes american?

money talk and bulls**t walks

they said land of the free
but that's only to the ones with the cash

Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
That girl from Aruba's parents are rich along with the girl is blonde and beautiful. If she was some ugly snaggle tooth girl we wouldn't have even heard about it.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
I love many songs specially "human nature", "will you be there" and "who is it" it brings back sooo many memories!

Me too, I was a big fan of him. Remember "Billy Jean" or "Dirty Diana"?

But my favourite song of MJ is definitely the heartbreaking "She's Out Of My Life".

Here are the lyrics :
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/michaeljackson/shesoutofmylife.html

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
By the way, I believe I was the biggest Prince fan (please do not laugh ) in former Eastern Germany. I have many many memories from my teenage years in the late 80's growing up with music from MJ, Prince, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Depeche Mode........

Ah, have to stop now because I am getting melancholic.

1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Jackson was sensationally freed by a jury of 12 good people.

After the trial they had a press conference where they stated that he would've went down for life if he had been black.

Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
That girl from Aruba's parents are rich along with the girl is blonde and beautiful. If she was some ugly snaggle tooth girl we wouldn't have even heard about it.

I certainly don't have a clue why you are talking like that, I assume some kind of jealousy? What does have money or blonde hair to do with it? This is just mean, come on.

Fact is that the girl was 18 and got missing on a school graduation trip on Aruba. The island of Aruba is known for a very low crime rate. Face it, the girl wasn't falling off from a cliff, she got possibly murdered.

My prayers are going out for her family and friends which are must go through the hardest days in their whole lifes. I lived up until last summer only one hour south of the homecity of this girl which is Birmingham/AL so I know the area quite well.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 1mangang:
Michael Jackson was sensationally freed by a jury of 12 good people.

After the trial they had a press conference where they stated that he would've went down for life if he had been black.

Ha ha, you are too funny........ (moan)

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I certainly don't have a clue why you are talking like that, I assume some kind of jealousy? What does have money or blonde hair to do with it? This is just mean, come on.

Fact is that the girl was 18 and got missing on a school graduation trip on Aruba. The island of Aruba is known for a very low crime rate. Face it, the girl wasn't falling off from a cliff, she got possibly murdered.

My prayers are going out for her family and friends which are must go through the hardest days in their whole lifes. I lived up until last summer only one hour south of the homecity of this girl which is Birmingham/AL so I know the area quite well.

It is a great tragedy when a child goes missing and my heart always goes out to the families going through this hardest of times. However, it often does make me think what are the criteria of making certain cases 'public' and 'widely advertised'. Each year in the US thousands of kids/teenagers go missing and only a few cases find their way to the media. It is most certainly easier to see on TV a face of a pretty blond missing from the well off family than an unkept black kid from the hood. Just an observation.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
[B] I certainly don't have a clue why you are talking like that, I assume some kind of jealousy? What does have money or blonde hair to do with it? This is just mean, come on.

Are you denying that looks and money have nothing to do with it? It's the same reason she was targeted and kidnapped. It's not a loose statement, it's an unfortunate fact. Money is power. People are kidnapped throughout the world everyday with no international press coverage.

egyptianbeast
Member # 7516

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianbeast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agree
Posts: 166 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]
Are you denying that looks and money have nothing to do with it? It's the same reason she was targeted and kidnapped. It's not a loose statement, it's an unfortunate fact. Money is power. People are kidnapped throughout the world everyday with no international press coverage.

What the heck you are talking about? That girl was at the wrong time at the wrong place, trusting the wrong guys. Kind of careless also the way she persued to enjoy herself, she should just have stayed with her classmates.

Are you going to tell me she got kidnapped and people will come up shortly with a money demand? They would have done this already. That girl is missing since May 30th for God's sake.

Frankly speaking you are talking nonsense, show some more compassion for the fate of this 18-year-old.

They still didn't find the body so they started a new search..... press conference will be held shortly. They going to find out the truth. And if you can't stand the coverage - change the channel. That simple.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
My point has nothing to do with compassion. Of course I have compassion for the girl. No they didn't ask for a money demand, you missed my point again. It has nothing to do with those men wanting money. My point is the amount of press coverage this one kidnapping has received. If she was ugly and poor, we would have never heard about this.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
What kidnapping? Do you know more than we do? That girl went missing and couple of guys got arrested and questioned.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
[B]What kidnapping? Do you know more than we do? That girl went missing and couple of guys got arrested and questioned.

Ok she is missing. Now I am politically correct and you still don't have anything to back your point.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
If she was ugly and poor, we would have never heard about this.

Because its total crap what you writing..... is this all you have to say to make YOUR POINT?????

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
It's simply just my opinion and an observation. It's ok if you don't agree with me. If we all think alike, then no one thinks very much(Mark Twain). Do you agree?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Look just don't say something like that. A young human life got probably horribly ended like that. I don't have much hope that they will find Natalee alive anymore and they surely will find and prosecute the person(s) who did this to her.

And I agree many cases like that happening everywhere in this world. But I also believe this case gets so much attention and coverage because every year thousands of young men and women are going on trips like that abroad.

And by the way, German news here don't do any coverage on that case. Thanks to my husband I receive some US channels.

tempted
Member # 7993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tempted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
A man who changes his whole being and claims that it was his broken nose at childhood and his ever changing pegmentation that madfe him a whiteman..! IS NOT to be trusted.
His $25 millions that he has given to the other family whose son was abused by him is one evidence for sure.

he was on trial for molestation not for cosmetic surgery, bi tch.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com