EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » foreigners work with work permitted or not ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: foreigners work with work permitted or not ?
clarocielo
Member # 7116

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for clarocielo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, all:
i want to know if foreigner who is married to egyptian , the visa granted to this wife will be work permitted or not permitted ? if the visa states not work permitted, then normally it takes how long for a foreigner to get a work permitted ?
and i m curious to know if lots of foreigners work in egypt without work permitted ? is easy to work legally or never mind can work in this country "under
table " ?
thanks a lot for any feedback !!!

Posts: 13 | From: egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi claro,

usually the company that employs you is applying for the work permitt; you can also do it yourself, if you are working "freelance" ,as for eg in the diving industrie, but this is a long way....

beeing legally married to an egyptian has nothing to do with getting a work permitt easier or getting it automaticly..

you will have always a "work is not permitted" visa - unless you're getting a work permitt

it was very easy in the past to work without permission, but times changed and the rules as well, so it's almost impossible to find a decent job, with a decent salary and without applying / having a work permitt

and finally i made the experience that it also depends on your nationality - both, the visa and the work permitt, at least here in hurghada...

hope this helps a bit - good luck!!

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com