EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Do you think love can be good or hurtful?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you think love can be good or hurtful?
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody,
I wanna make this thread for people's view aobut love.

Do you think it can be good or hurtful?

let me start. At the beginning it feels like you are in a fairytale just blinded by this feeling.. then towards the end it makes you feel like you just be buried six feet under by the person that you thought was with you.

Any more opinions about love?

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi everybody,

let me start. At the beginning it feels like you are in a fairytale just blinded by this feeling.. then towards the end it makes you feel like you just be buried six feet under by the person that you thought was with you.

Salam,
Brian

Love can be either good or bad. People get infatuated very early in a relationship, and those feelings are so strong, they can blind you to some of your partner's bad traits.

Try to keep an eagle eye on the person's character from the very beginning before you let your emotions get involved. :-)

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love is a complexed matter... do we love from the heart or head... love takes time to grow.. it gets deep inside.. and either it stays or it dies but not without reason... what brought lovers together... how are they managing together.. do they compromise.. or do they argue a lot... is there respect... or does one dominate the other... its like a finely tuned violin.. take care of it treat it right polish it now and again and play it also and it sings sweetly...same as love... and as the years roll around that love becomes familiar it becomes golden.. love is a truely pleasurable thing between the right combination of people.....
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is probably good to be loved while it is often hurtful to love. Anyway, to choose not love because of getting hurt would not be right either, it is cowardly and not a way of winning one's own self and becoming a stronger, more harmonious person who is not so dependent on outside circumstances. And one can always love oneself, when and until there is a deficit of outside love - then you'll still feel good and not suffer so :o). Most people only know to love very simple, obvious things, this is why crowds usually love beautiful pop stars, brave actors etc. While only very special people know to love other special people, like you, or even love everybody without making any difference at all and just choose to be with you, out of all people they love, because you are easiest to tolerate :o).
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
american gal
Member # 7382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for american gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, someone you love can hurt you. People you don't love... generally you don't care what they do as you have little feeling for them. The biggest problem I see with love is when two people who are "in love" neglect to nurture the other parts of their lives... friendships, careers, hobbies, volunteer work, etc. Some people get so wrapped up in each other that, if God-forbid something happens (like a break up or divorce or death of loved one), they literally have nothing else in their lives. I love my fiance dearly, but I've also kept my own identity (and so has he). Yes, we will blend our lives together as husband and wife, but we will also remain true to who we are as individuals. When I hear a woman or man say, "Oh, I'd just die without you," I always think this person is WAY too dependent on another person for his/her own happiness. All that being said, sharing your life with another person, I believe is worth the risk of any potential future heart-break. Nothing great was ever achieved without first taking a risk!! Good luck to you!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi everybody,

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 44 | From: Massachusetts - U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Love can be either good or bad. People get infatuated very early in a relationship, and those feelings are so strong, they can blind you to some of your partner's bad traits.

Try to keep an eagle eye on the person's character from the very beginning before you let your emotions get involved. :-)

Or they can outright pretend to be the person they aren't.

Or they still have feelings for another.

Yup love's a b*tch. The best marriages are ones with low-expectations.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HAPPY_COUPLE
Member # 8235

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for HAPPY_COUPLE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is More Than a Word , Love is Giving Forgiveness ,

Never try To Hide or Deny ur Love B4 it's 2 late

Who says I need diamonds to fall in love,
or a golden chain to tie around my heart,
do I need roses to be in love?
If in my romance all I need is you,

Will I miss the bright stars at night,
if instead I contemplate your eyes,
do you need to sing loving melodies,
if all I need is your velvety voice to hear,

Why bring the moon to be closer to me,
if I can have your tender touch in my skin,
I don't need a serenade to show me your love,
if I can have your loving words,

Don't bring me a symphony with overtures,
nor fancy glasses and bubbly drinks,
no need of this if I have can have your kiss,
all I need in my romance is.... You!

Posts: 33 | From: RUSSIA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com