EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Why don't we all meet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why don't we all meet?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't it be fun to all meet up once or twice?

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 18 July 2005).]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for he_love 21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreeeeee
Posts: 184 | From: Maadi-Cairo | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where?
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
Where?

at www.egyptsearch.com

Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
Where?

Somewhere in a cafe

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If its in a cafe somewhere in Holland (I've seen your location on your profile) this would work for me since I am living in a neighboring country.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure i can meet but it has to be inshallah sometime before november.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey 7aya, have you heard from Serendepidity yet? She was supposed to ring us up, wasn't she? She should be in Cairo by now. She sent me an offline msg the night before her flight saying she'd phone me as soon as she got here.
Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
Hey 7aya, have you heard from Serendepidity yet? She was supposed to ring us up, wasn't she? She should be in Cairo by now. She sent me an offline msg the night before her flight saying she'd phone me as soon as she got here.

no i haven't heard from her, and i'm very upset about that! i was really looking forward to meeting her, and i thought she'd ring me up when she came, but no word from her. she's been here for 4 days now. its kind of strange! if i knew what hotel she is staying in i would have called and asked the reception. uff its very bad. i hope she doesnt leave before contacting us! anyway if you hear anything email me at yasminefathy@hotmail.com thank you!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

If its in a cafe somewhere in Holland (I've seen your location on your profile) this would work for me since I am living in a neighboring country.

Oh! That would be nice too. But I come to Egypt often. So I meant meeting up in Cairo.

So I looked up your profile too: Nett dich kennen zu lernen!

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 18 July 2005).]

he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for he_love 21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please arrange arround october or november I wish I can join . insha allah
-Henny-

Posts: 184 | From: Maadi-Cairo | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
But I come to Egypt often.

You lucky one!

Unfortunately no one in Cairo does ES member meetings.

I've been last month to the one in Hurghada while being on vacation and I must say it was great. Small group but fine (women only!

Its really funny you talk for months to strangers on the net and then one day you meet. I'd do it again, anytime.

By the way, Samia are you back????

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
sure i can meet but it has to be inshallah sometime before november.

Your wedding date gets closer, hm????

nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we hold it as a niqab party or something? (So I can come, too. :o) I promise i will behave so as not to disgrace the robe! but it's really good for covering up.
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
no i haven't heard from her, and i'm very upset about that! i was really looking forward to meeting her, and i thought she'd ring me up when she came, but no word from her. she's been here for 4 days now. its kind of strange! if i knew what hotel she is staying in i would have called and asked the reception. uff its very bad. i hope she doesnt leave before contacting us! anyway if you hear anything email me at yasminefathy@hotmail.com thank you!

Yeah, it sure is weird. I just hope she's alright, especially that she hasn't even been posting here for a while.

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
Yeah, it sure is weird. I just hope she's alright, especially that she hasn't even been posting here for a while.

Give the person some time... (And I hope she was coming for more than 2 weeks otherwise I'd consider your chances are pretty low and nothing personal here). Egypt just is SO overwhelming you really need some time after stepping out of the plane, for orientation and until you start feeling gaps in time again. In the beginning it is just too RICH to even remember about ES any more. Especially Seren is coming from Norway, a country where if your neighbours wish you merry christmas and if you then choose to answer to them the same year (by saying: merry christmas to you, too) they will thinki you a maybe a tad too talkative , and as a result, will not talk to you for the next three years at all.

If you now arrive in Egypt from such surroundings, the first 2 months it feels as if constant fireworks is going on around you - so many people, so many cars, so much interaction... (in positive meaning, here :o)

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyro2005
Member # 7938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyro2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can i join you also on you go to meet girls!!!Maybe i will be in cairo in octomber, for first time in my life, so i need some advice from you, i will travel alone, It will be nice a girls meeting
Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like October is a good month then, would love to meet up, how about one of the restaurant boats on the Nile ?
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You lucky one!

By the way, Samia are you back????

ya Tiger.. I'm home!!! Got back on Saturday.. back to work now.... was very nice to be in England for 2 weeks, but nicer still to be home here!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
How nice! So I start the thread to arrange a meeting, and you all start setting dates when I can't make it!! I'm in Cairo last week of July & first week of August. (Like anyone would give a **** !)
candyemma
Member # 7374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candyemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that sounds gr8
Posts: 31 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
Wow, Sorry... Wish we all could be there, but i can't fly anywhere this month or next :-( .. hope soon all ppl here on ES could meet and all be happy on the date,......

Keep Smiling until then..

Thx-Jannah

[/B]

Thanks

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 20 July 2005).]

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey just to be a pain in the ass I'll suggest this:

Why not hire a male belly-dancer and take pics for us to upload to the internet later on?

I mean it would be a blast and I know there are male belly dancers in Europe. It could be a promotional bit for the dancer! Come on thousands would be directed to his pics!

Just chose a dancer who can swing like Mohamed Saaed and has more hair (on his head)

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Male belly dancers in Europe? Are you kidding me? I just know of the California Dream Boys in the States. Would be worth an invitation, don't you think? You know we show them around in Cairo and they show off their "assets"

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 21 July 2005).]

he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:

I will try for Nov. Just pray i am well by that time...

Henny, would be nice to finally met u.. Praying always 4u sis..

Be safe..... Thx:Jannah

Hello Jannah, Hope you feeling better for your slip disc and I wish we can meet on October or November.Just still keep in touch by ES or Messenger.Thanks Jannah I pray for you too.
-Henny-

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Male belly dancers in Europe? Are you kidding me? I just know of the California Dream Boys in the States. Would be worth an invitation, don't you think? You know we show them around in Cairo and they show off their "assets"

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 21 July 2005).]

We have them here and in Dearborn (so I have heard). Definately Toronto, despite the extremists in Toronto they have alot of the taboo culture too!

A restuarant just 10 blocks from my home has been in business for 25 years, which has almost nightly belly dancing. Part of that cabaret is male. No Arab would be caught in this resturant except for Lebanese. Another one just two blocks over will have belly dancers for special occasions, and these ladies are not Arab!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Come on, males don't do belly dancing, its a women thing. You maybe mean the "darwishes" (?), the Arabic dancers who are spinning around quickly for a long time - whenever I watched them I became nauseaous myself.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Come on, males don't do belly dancing, its a women thing. You maybe mean the "darwishes" (?), the Arabic dancers who are spinning around quickly for a long time - whenever I watched them I became nauseaous myself.

I am not joking. There has been many posts on this forum recently that its all the rage in Misr to have male belly dancers instead of women. Because it is haram to have a female dancing, but somehow its not as bad having a male belly dancer.

I am sure you've seen the threads.

Besides I have seen brief scenes of male belly dancing in movies. Its not anywhere near the style that women dance. But the resturant 10 blocks from me, the men can give the women a run for their money dancing female style. These male belly dancers at this specific resturant go both ways and have so many 'friends'.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
i've never heard of male belly dancing in egypt. YUCK! no we have not reached the level where we have to watch male belly dancers becauses its less 7aram (yuck). the male belly dancers you saw in movies, like for example nabila ebeid's "el rakesa wal tabal," are instructors. many belly dancing instuctors are male in egypt.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i've never heard of male belly dancing in egypt. YUCK! no we have not reached the level where we have to watch male belly dancers becauses its less 7aram (yuck). the male belly dancers you saw in movies, like for example nabila ebeid's "el rakesa wal tabal," are instructors. many belly dancing instuctors are male in egypt.

I can 't believe I have to repost again! Okay I'll go look. It might take me about 30 minutes or so. But I have a remarkable ability to find posts that people say don't exist.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
I can 't believe I have to repost again! Okay I'll go look. It might take me about 30 minutes or so. But I have a remarkable ability to find posts that people say don't exist.

i'm not saying that these posts do not exist. i'm saying that i live in egypt and have never heard of male belly dancing. so the people who wrote those posts are either liars or go to some REALLY weird places in egypt.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
i'm not saying that these posts do not exist. i'm saying that i live in egypt and have never heard of male belly dancing. so the people who wrote those posts are either liars or go to some REALLY weird places in egypt.

The term is Raqqish. And I think its upperclass people who are quite religious.

It was referenced in an Egypttoday article and it was discussed.

I am having trouble finding the posts. But having an even tougher time looking at some of these male dancer websites.
http://www.prince-erkan.com
http://www.doubleveil.net/bdfaq.htm

No matter how much EM kissed Zobro ass, I can't be that... well accepting of it. Too tired. Plus the fact there are a few men in my nieghborhood who have that look.

Yup and these neighbors of mine make most their money after sundown. I just can't look anymore

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

No matter how much EM kissed Zobro ass, I can't be that... well accepting of it. Too tired. Plus the fact there are a few men in my nieghborhood who have that look.

Yup and these neighbors of mine make most their money after sundown. I just can't look anymore [/B]

you mean Zorba? No we don't have male belly dancers but it happens that a guy would do few seconds of Mohammad sa'd (Sa'd didn't invent it) dancing style in his friend's wedding but this is rare.

Sa'd indeed dances better than any female dancer

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I've just looked up the links provided by Sono. These guys look very much confused and gay for me. Sorry, but that's all I can think of.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:

Sa'd indeed dances better than any female dancer

No women are better at dancing than men hands down.

But I miss dancing with a male partner. Having a man who can grind like Saaed would be such a turn on!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
But having an even tougher time looking at some of these male dancer websites.
http://www.prince-erkan.com
http://www.doubleveil.net/bdfaq.htm

YA3! What the Fcuk was that?!!!

linda wissa
Member # 8412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for linda wissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very new to this group. Have you set a time for a meeting yet? I would love to meet everyone.
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Wouldn't it be fun to all meet up once or twice?

Posts: 10 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

YESSS, I saw one , a male belly dancer in Alf Leila in Sharm. He was really good, much much better than the teenage girls who performed before and I did not even understand if they were Egyptian or Bulgarian or something although it maybe does not matter either.
The man was just hilariously funny with his movements, in along white robe and had a black scarf tied around his hmm.. belly and the scarf made most funny movements all time and practically made an independent dance around hi sbody. All this was technically very very good. My bf said they charge something like 3000 EGP per evening and are real stars.

Anyway, the meeting... shall it be niqab party or not?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Anyway, the meeting... shall it be niqab party or not?[/B]

Why actually? So we wouldn't recognise each other? (I'm a bit thick sometimes)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com