EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Help! My husband hates Cairo!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help! My husband hates Cairo!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're off to Cairo tomorrow morning to visit my mom and we're planning to stay for 10 days. Can't wait, but me dear husband, though not saying anything that might hurt me, is not happy about going. He says he will stay indoors for the whole 10 days we're staying, because there's nothing to do outside the house. Please tell me how I can change his mind. Where can we go so he would have a nice time. Btw, he hates cultural stuff, no museums or pyramids & stuff. He also doesn't like places with loud music. Hints please..
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I do hope your husband likes people in general. Well let him relax during the day indoors anyway its too hot outside, maybe he will find Egy commercials and video clips entertaining on TV (I do!) and in the evening you take him out to a nice and quiet restaurant, have a bite to eat and let him smoke some shisha. To smoke water pipe will definitely get him in a relaxed mood and then lets see how the evening will pursue...... Good luck!

Oh btw did I tell you how envious I am that you will be going off on vacation to Cairo? Lucky you!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 24 July 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well take him to a nice cafe, my favourites are mint in mohandseen, cedars mohandseen,andrea maadi, suqoya zamalek on the nile, beeno's zamalek, harris and shontee korba, shatz heliopolis, cliantro korba, greco maadi. you can go have breakfast in the maryott garden early in the morning when its not that hot. you can spend some time in the gazira club. the new city stars mall that opened is really nice, you can spend some time there. also make sure to attend some concerts at the opera, its not considered cultural stuff just beautiful music. anyway hope you can have fun.

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dracul
Member # 6893

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dracul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take him to dine on a Nile cruise OR go to 'Le Pacha' the oasis in Zamalek OR go eat Chinese in Peking they're several branches..OR try Abul Sid Maadi branch or Zamalek, whatever..but I wouldn't go to the Marriott as I see it as a rip-off like all the other 5 star hotels.

Posts: 48 | From: Transylvania. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something new and wonderful is the new Al Ahzar Park (off Salah Salem north of the Citadel). It is fantastic. There are restaurants there with AC areas if you need that. The views are beautiful and the layout of the grounds is pretty unbelievable in Cairo. It is definately better than the average in the area.

I second the vote for City Stars Mall. It is fairly annoying with all the children running around everywhere there, but you can find some decent shops and coffee shops that aren't infected too much and enjoy an AC'd atmosphere for few hours.

Snefru.... you are joking, right? The Marriott is a rip-off and Abu Sid isn't? They are both overpriced 5* joints and in general the food at the Marriott is better. Abu Sid has atmosphere, but you pay a high price for that.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com