EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Animal Cruelty Number

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Animal Cruelty Number
frienda
Member # 7776

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frienda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Egypt have animal rights or at least an animal control police? There is this dog in my street who is chained up and i think the chain is eating his neck. i saw red around his fur and there is a reddish tinge in the water in which he drinks. i don't want to get too close because he could bite and the infidels who own him i guess, are always sitting next to him. in fact there are 3 dogs that are chained to this wall of the home. i live in alex, so if you have a number that i could call, i would really appreciate it. i leave back to america next week so if you could give me a number that i could call asap. thanks.
Posts: 87 | From: cleveland | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, this sounds terrible. I just have a link to a website of an animal rescue group in Cairo. Please ring them up and I am sure they know of someone in Alex who can help these dogs.

Thanks for caring.
http://www.sparealife.org/index24.html

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 22 August 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frienda:
Does Egypt have animal rights or at least an animal control police? There is this dog in my street who is chained up and i think the chain is eating his neck. i saw red around his fur and there is a reddish tinge in the water in which he drinks. i don't want to get too close because he could bite and the infidels who own him i guess, are always sitting next to him. in fact there are 3 dogs that are chained to this wall of the home. i live in alex, so if you have a number that i could call, i would really appreciate it. i leave back to america next week so if you could give me a number that i could call asap. thanks.

I'm sorry I don't know one in Alex. Here's one in Cairo that might be able to refer you to someone in Alex.

And yes, thank you so much for caring and for trying to do something. This is a cause near and dear to my heart. Shukran.
www.sparealife.org

Amina Abaza
S.P.A.R.E.
The Society for the Protection of Animal Rights in Egypt
Email: spare@sparealife.org
Mailing Address: 16 Taha Hussein
Zamalek, Cairo , EGYPT.
TEL #: 2012- 316 2912 (Mobile)
Animal Shelter Egypt Tel #: 202-381 3855
FAX: 202 737 0849

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know about any animal shelters in Alex? I have been wanting to volenteer at one ever since i came here.
I am glad that this thread was started. I am an animal rights activist and i have been so saddened at the way some people here treat animals. Are there any laws protecting them in egypt?

Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by minry80:
Does anyone know about any animal shelters in Alex? I have been wanting to volenteer at one ever since i came here.
I am glad that this thread was started. I am an animal rights activist and i have been so saddened at the way some people here treat animals. Are there any laws protecting them in egypt?

Somewhere on ES, if u ask Frienda here, where she 1st posted and requested the numbers. I replied, sayin i know of the shelters in Cairo. They all told me, there are no such facilities in Alex. As a rule, i think they tend not to offer any help over such a distance either.
I left for Frienda about 3 numbers there of Vets in Alex, Who are the most likely ppl to help her, i believe. I hope this is helpful.

Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
Somewhere on ES, if u ask Frienda here, where she 1st posted and requested the numbers. I replied, sayin i know of the shelters in Cairo. They all told me, there are no such facilities in Alex. As a rule, i think they tend not to offer any help over such a distance either.
I left for Frienda about 3 numbers there of Vets in Alex, Who are the most likely ppl to help her, i believe. I hope this is helpful.

It does a heart good to see that you guys all care. I'm serious. Shukran.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frienda, please let us know if your efforts were helpful. There must be some animal right activists in Alex and if so please post their contacts on ES for the future.

I saw also many unbelievable scences of animal cruelty while living in Egypt and I was helpless. It got me always very sad and angry when I past by at pet stores especially this one in Cairo downtown.

If I move back to Cairo I will definitely become even more active in helping animals in need. Now I know where to find other people with the same interest. Once I bought some puppies off from a store and took care of them at home, only two of four survived. They were way too young to have been taken away from the mother, malnutritioned and weak.

I found kittens nearby a house in Maadi where I used to live, the kittens were laying in tar, two or three were already dead. The babies must have been about two weeks old, had the little blue eyes already open. I tried to clean the others as good as possible and brought food for the mother and them every day couple of times.

Cairo is overrun mainly by street cats, they are everywhere. You see mostly these mish-mish cats, meaning their furs show all colors. Its a big problem and the government should start taking care of it.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 23 August 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
It does a heart good to see that you guys all care. I'm serious. Shukran.

Yes Snoozin, i remember seeing here somewhere, u have a dog? I have a white sharazzi cat with me. I bought her in Heliopolis, when i lived in Cairo. She's crazy, makes me laugh a lot!!! I absolutely adore animals and believe they deserve respect and kindness.

In the past i have befriended street cats and successfully found them all good homes here. But sadly facilities are lacking, much more it seems, in Alex than in Cairo.

Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any help for the horses?
I feel so sorry for them. they get really abused.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Is there any help for the horses?
I feel so sorry for them. they get really abused.

I dunno Seren, me too honey, but here are the Alex vet's numbers again for all who need them. These vets are charging reasonable fees too.
Dr. Ahmed Sami Salam 03 4551393 and
mobile: 010115928 in borg el arab, king marriott. Alex.
And Dr. Gaber in Agamy,Alex. tel:0123348781.

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
Yes Snoozin, i remember seeing here somewhere, u have a dog? I have a white sharazzi cat with me. I bought her in Heliopolis, when i lived in Cairo. She's crazy, makes me laugh a lot!!! I absolutely adore animals and believe they deserve respect and kindness.

In the past i have befriended street cats and successfully found them all good homes here. But sadly facilities are lacking, much more it seems, in Alex than in Cairo.

Yup, one dog. Yes I love animals, too. I'm glad there are people like you there. I know the shelters must be lacking. Not sure what to do about that.

Trixy
Member # 8325

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trixy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about ACE in Luxor,its a charity that helps animals,perhaps they can help !
Posts: 25 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com