EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » ........The Veil ............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ........The Veil ............
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam Alekium

i would like to talk about something today. The Veil. Do the girls really understand the name of being A Veiled Girl. Do they really wear what is convition for this veil. Or they just think it is a Veil on Head Not more, and the rest of the body does not related to the name of being a Veiled Girl.

Beside Being Veiled Girl, How should the Veiled Girl Act in her life, and relation with others, and could u do that????

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate men! I have no reason to be flirtatious or seductive. I have always hated men. I don't hate men of one particular origin, I hate them all.

lol

Men are sperm donors and mess creationists. Nothing else.

I find myself, biologically, morally, intellectually, and spiritually superior to them.

So why in the hell would I even want any of them lusting after me?

Sorry my veil is the immenent hate for men.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one last thing.

he he HE HE HE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA he he he eh he he .....

Yup!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my GOD, Believe or not, I was just logon here 2 start a new thread about veil, lol, after reading nege comment about her sister who is wearing veil, and her marriage chances, as being 28 yrs old are only widowed and divorced men propose 2 her so.
Hijab according 2 me:
From Islamic prospective of course it has 2 be wide… and not fancy than I 4get about anything else, here is my story:
-to be a veiled women u have to be very elegant, do u know y? because before wearing it I used 2 wear jeans and top with a nice hair style and that’s all, I look cool …but after wearing it wearing long tops and jeans with the scarf, I really sucks, I have 2 be very picky in my clothes…my first time I put it on “wear it” it was during winter time but now it’s summer time hmm very hot, no basing suit? What 2 do? So, I gave up “yeah I admit ana 2l3et 2l 7ageb”and I decided not 2 wear it again…
• but after being more mature, I decided and from the depth part in my heart that I have 2 wear it…this is an order from |Rab 2l 3almen, it’s not my choice” this time I’m very happy, I know what I’m doin so I have 2 make this invention to satisfied my ego, as I care a lot about my appearance, I did a very long trip “shopping and shopping and shopping”
• playing with colors, especially the color of ur scarf, wearing short tops, with long skirts, if it is short sleeves I have 2 wear this long separate sleeves, and wearing long tops for long panties, yeah it has 2 be long tops ‘come on we are veild…and we have 2 respect it”
• I hate make-up, but as I’m having this Bedouin look I used 2 wear kohl, if I’m wearing jeanses I have 2 put blue kohl,
• If I have this pale look, I always wear blucher (pink color)
• Sun block is very important 2 me, I have a very nice color, when I get explored 2 sun it turns red, and then more darker, so I hate this…
• Never wear sneakers with classic paints it really sucks, duno why girls nowadays are doing this, I c these veild girls in work who really sucks wearing unsuitable clothes 4 mourning putting this huge amount of make duno y????????? if u have problem in ur leg dont wear it white sneaker, make it more darker
• Also 2 satisfied my ego I never 4get 2 make thess nice parties, only girls, so no long sleeves tops no long skirts or panties oh LADIES, IT’S TIME 2 PARTY…
• Before opening women resorts in marina, I used 2 wear my bikini, at night maybe 11p.m yeah swimming at that time it is very carzy and very nice, and my young brother is my guard, but after opening this resorts (women resorts)I submit 4 the membership 4 the whole summer…also most of the clubs in cairo and alex have this time “pool only 4 women” low mfesh 7aga men keda yb2a m3ndenesh 3`er 2l bathroom…
• What 2 do at airports, bgd sa3et by2frow 2l mo7gben, self confidence, and this elegnt clothes, sometimes Spanish ties 4 the scarf
• Finlly don’t 4get ur sunglasses
Bgd don’t panic from being veild, gilrs it’s very easy steps
Nege: my friend get married 2 her colleague when she is 30 and and he is 31, he is not widower or divorced men, my dad has a huge number of cousin and most of them get married between the age of 26:30
By the way it’s not wrong 2 get married 2 married or divorced men, it’s okay

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Asoom:
Oh my GOD, Believe or not, I was just logon here 2 start a new thread about veil, lol, after reading nege comment about her sister who is wearing veil, and her marriage chances, as being 28 yrs old are only widowed and divorced men propose 2 her so.
Hijab according 2 me:
From Islamic prospective of course it has 2 be wide… and not fancy than I 4get about anything else, here is my story:
-to be a veiled women u have to be very elegant, do u know y? because before wearing it I used 2 wear jeans and top with a nice hair style and that’s all, I look cool …but after wearing it wearing long tops and jeans with the scarf, I really sucks, I have 2 be very picky in my clothes…my first time I put it on “wear it” it was during winter time but now it’s summer time hmm very hot, no basing suit? What 2 do? So, I gave up “yeah I admit ana 2l3et 2l 7ageb”and I decided not 2 wear it again…
• but after being more mature, I decided and from the depth part in my heart that I have 2 wear it…this is an order from |Rab 2l 3almen, it’s not my choice” this time I’m very happy, I know what I’m doin so I have 2 make this invention to satisfied my ego, as I care a lot about my appearance, I did a very long trip “shopping and shopping and shopping”
• playing with colors, especially the color of ur scarf, wearing short tops, with long skirts, if it is short sleeves I have 2 wear this long separate sleeves, and wearing long tops for long panties, yeah it has 2 be long tops ‘come on we are veild…and we have 2 respect it”
• I hate make-up, but as I’m having this Bedouin look I used 2 wear kohl, if I’m wearing jeanses I have 2 put blue kohl,
• If I have this pale look, I always wear blucher (pink color)
• Sun block is very important 2 me, I have a very nice color, when I get explored 2 sun it turns red, and then more darker, so I hate this…
• Never wear sneakers with classic paints it really sucks, duno why girls nowadays are doing this, I c these veild girls in work who really sucks wearing unsuitable clothes 4 mourning putting this huge amount of make duno y????????? if u have problem in ur leg dont wear it white sneaker, make it more darker
• Also 2 satisfied my ego I never 4get 2 make thess nice parties, only girls, so no long sleeves tops no long skirts or panties oh LADIES, IT’S TIME 2 PARTY…
• Before opening women resorts in marina, I used 2 wear my bikini, at night maybe 11p.m yeah swimming at that time it is very carzy and very nice, and my young brother is my guard, but after opening this resorts (women resorts)I submit 4 the membership 4 the whole summer…also most of the clubs in cairo and alex have this time “pool only 4 women” low mfesh 7aga men keda yb2a m3ndenesh 3`er 2l bathroom…
• What 2 do at airports, bgd sa3et by2frow 2l mo7gben, self confidence, and this elegnt clothes, sometimes Spanish ties 4 the scarf
• Finlly don’t 4get ur sunglasses
Bgd don’t panic from being veild, gilrs it’s very easy steps
Nege: my friend get married 2 her colleague when she is 30 and and he is 31, he is not widower or divorced men, my dad has a huge number of cousin and most of them get married between the age of 26:30
By the way it’s not wrong 2 get married 2 married or divorced men, it’s okay

So its about improving your chances for marriage and looking fashionable.

oh man, no wonder I am such a square.

Talbots, Anne Taylor is my style, not the Britney Spears of the masharabya.

Actually I normally do the opposite of others, I can't stand the status quo. (flamming monkey ass smilie here)

RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, according to Assoom's answer, I'm not that sure all thr Egyptian girls understand what the veil means!! That's such a superficial reply my God!! But that makes me understand better all these veiled girls I see everyday, who seem to care only about how pretty they look with their veil! Thanks Assoom!
Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RaniaMe:
That's such a superficial reply my God!! Thanks Assoom!

Rania, Asoom seems to have an I.Q. of a paprika. Of course many girls have the same wave length, But it's just mortifying how she dares to show off how stupid she is.
I sometimes think Asoom is a man trying to make our gender look & sound like a bunch of imbeciles!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok well here is my opinion of being veiled. First its something physically and mentally.
Both of them everybody seem to have diff opinions about. My opinion is to show respect to my body and show respect for my veil. As I decided to wear hijab, I had also to understand that with it comes a big responsibility. Specially when you dont live in an arabic country.So with it you are carrying a msg. Ppl here really judge out of looks. and I try to give with it a good msg. (at least in my eyes its a good msg). I wear fashionable clothes, but in the way that enhance my hijab. Since i love it soo much! But in my eyes, hijab is not a prison, I can do things like everyone else. Like I go to a public gym, with my hijab on. Even though I am the only one wearing hijab there, i still go there. and believe me they arent shy in staring and getting shocked everytime i go there. But this is my msg, hijab is something wonderful and it doesnt stop me from doing things. No it enhances my personality and what I stand for.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by river_0f_l0ve:
Salam Alekium

i would like to talk about something today. The Veil. Do the girls really understand the name of being A Veiled Girl. Do they really wear what is convition for this veil. Or they just think it is a Veil on Head Not more, and the rest of the body does not related to the name of being a Veiled Girl.

Beside Being Veiled Girl, How should the Veiled Girl Act in her life, and relation with others, and could u do that????

And another thing. For me my hijab is a constant reminder of who I am and what I belive in.
it also makes me proud of being a muslim. As I have lived in Norway, which is a small country with lots of prejudice ppl. I got to face a lot of situations that was rather uncomfortable, but my hijab always made me strong. Ppl will stop you in the street and ask you why you wear it or in a worse why when are you going to take it off. But I just smile at them and say "My hijab is my heart that I carry around. Would you like to go around without your heart?" and then they go spechless pass me

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 24 August 2005).]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wearing the veil in Egypt is becoming a group hysteria. In most cases it's worn to keep nosy asshole men away, to find a husband, or to save the hairdresser's money. Of course many of those who wear it are claiming otherwise..

Wearing the veil in Europe or the U.S. is mostly due to family pressure, or a slight degree of masochism.

Of course there are always exceptions.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warda_rosie
Member # 2509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warda_rosie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Wearing the veil in Egypt is becoming a group hysteria. In most cases it's worn to keep nosy asshole men away, to find a husband, or to save the hairdresser's money. Of course many of those who wear it are claiming otherwise..

Wearing the veil in Europe or the U.S. is mostly due to family pressure, or a slight degree of masochism.

totally agree with you.
i personally wear veil to reduce unwanted attention.
i wouldn't act any different without veil but men just seem to think i'm more respectable when i cover my hair.
call me chicken but anything i can do to be able to walk in peace i do...

Posts: 34 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

None of the above for me. Even though many of the ppl may come under your description.
I chose it cause I believed (which is my own personal opinion) it was the right thing to do according to my beliefs.
No pressure or masochism here. BUt I understand what you mean when it comes to pressure. I have seen it a lot. But again lately i have seen a lot of hijab women who chose it themselves. for God and no one else.
Actually my family was against it in the start, they were afraid that I would get harassed by ppl here in Norway. But I dont care about that

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 24 August 2005).]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by warda_rosie:

totally agree with you.
i personally wear veil to reduce unwanted attention.
i wouldn't act any different without veil but men just seem to think i'm more respectable when i cover my hair.
call me chicken but anything i can do to be able to walk in peace i do...

but warda the harrasment has nothing to do with the veil. almost all the veiled women i know get harrased everytime they go to the street. in fact one time i remember i was walking with a veiled friend, and they ignored me and just kept throwing comments at her!

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warda_rosie
Member # 2509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warda_rosie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
but warda the harrasment has nothing to do with the veil. almost all the veiled women i know get harrased everytime they go to the street. in fact one time i remember i was walking with a veiled friend, and they ignored me and just kept throwing comments at her!

i have opposite experiences. never have problems with veil and also my friend whom doesn't wear veil, is saved when we go out together. i also wear abaya so maybe i just don't look that attractive

Posts: 34 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
I remember not wearing the veil in Shebin el-Kaum.

Half the town had a heart attack when they saw me. Yet they got it together quickly. My FIL is an important man and could kill whatever prospects that had for their sons going to medical school.

I think it was the only thing helping them keep their manners in line.

But in Cairo I can imagine if I had worn the veil, I wouldn't have received 80% of the comments I did.

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can a sane human being possibly expect to share a common thought with someone half their age??

Honestly I find the idea funny.

Yes, Asoom represents Egyptian girls in a certain age bracket. And she represents them well! whether I agree or disagree with her is another story!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, how are u all

i was going to post a reply about the topic opened here, but i found mom as im just get in home, hurry we will travel right now...

i will reply after 3 days...
im sorry, hope for me the best

beside Asoom, i would like to know you if u dont mind, i hope u email me at River_0f_l0ve@hotmail.com

LA ELLAH ELA ALLAH

[This message has been edited by river_0f_l0ve (edited 24 August 2005).]

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eaasalam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did Shahada the last Friday of Ramadan 2003. After that, I wear the veil all the time, because I feel it is the right way. It makes me feel proud and happy I am a Muslim and I just love it.
I used to live in New York City and some people do not like Muslims, I got few bad experiences because of wearing it. However, many times when any other Muslim saw me wearing the veil over there, they came to me and say "Salama Aleikum Sister, Do you need anything?" or when doing the line in the bank, they said "go ahead Sister". My heart got full of joy every time that happened. I guess they just want to tell you "I am a Muslim too! I am also proud of it, and you are my sister in the Islam.

In my experience, Muslims in the States are very close to each other. When I did my Shahada the Mosque was full of people and after I did it, everybody began to say "welcome sister" "Allahu Akbar" many of them came to me to say nice words, etc. My eyes were full of tears. Allah is in my heart from that day on, more than ever.
I am proud of wearing the veil.

BTW A funny thing happened to me when I got to live in Egypt. I kept saying "Salama Aleikum" to every woman wearing the veil, as I did it in the States. Everybody looked at me like "Do I know you?" My husband was laughing at me.

[This message has been edited by eaasalam (edited 24 August 2005).]

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serendipity you are right wearing the viel is both something physical and mental.. it should mean so much more than just wearing it to find a husband or because you were forced. I definitely aspire to wear it one day.. just haven't felt ready yet unfortunately. I think it's harder when you live in the west to make the decision to wear it.. my friends here just don't understand why i would ever want to do it!
Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
hey Laila, where do you live?
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
hey Laila, where do you live?

I live in Australia so I realise how difficult it must have been for you to decide to wear Hijab as you too don’t live in an arab country. I really commend you for that! I am currently at the stage of improving my wardrobe in preparation for wearing it. I used to wear short sleeved tops in summer – now I only wear three quarter length sleeved or full length sleeved tops (which can be very hard to find here in summer!!). But what I find confusing is when I see other women wearing hijab I always hear other Muslims saying “that is not hijab look at her jeans and top they are too tight” even if they themselves don’t wear it… I guess I would still like to wear fashionable clothing but don’t want to offend anyone or worse yet give a bad image of my religion. And then of course there are my friends who, no matter how much I explain, still seem to think somehow wearing the hijab will transform me into their stereotypical idea of the poor oppressed Muslim girl or worse yet I will magically transform into a ‘fundamentalist’… it’s just a small piece of material that will cover my hair and yet it can invoke so much in people! I guess I’ll just have to prove them wrong by showing them that it will not change who I am!

Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Leila, I know how you feel. It took a whole year to get the courage to wear hijab.
I lost many friends then, but gained lot more. (and got to meet my bestfriend).
Leila dont care about "gossip" ppl like to talk about when a hijabi passes by, wear whatever you find is suitable and still shows the message you want to give out.
You will do this for the sake of God, and no one else. So dont care about what ppl will say (ppl always tend to find a fault in everything) Take your time, dont rush into things, cause i dont want you regreting something. In the end i will tell you the hijab has made me stronger than before and let me be more proud of who I am and of my religion.
You know you dont have to change your lifestyle (as long as its not going against islam rules) I still exercise in a public gym with my hijab. and its funny to see the reactions of ppl

scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when u r goin to get veiled u have to be ready inside.
i got veiled 8 months ago and sometimes i think i don really understand the meanin of bein veiled,but at the same time i do understand that if i didn do that 8 months ago,i wouldnt do it maybe for long time more.yes bein veiled helps me to avoid alot of problems with men in egypt,but i do it for God first of all and only for God,some ppl say that am veiled just coz am attractive and so on,but am veiled in my country as well,i don take it off.am tryin to look nice,coz i don want ppl think that moslims r not educated and stupid dirty ppl.AM PROUD TO BE MOSLIM!and inshallah God will never mislead me and will show me the right way and will give me strength to be Moslima Taeba.
there r always ppl who will judge u,but we have to remember that theres no one in the position to judge u except God,since u believe in Allah and follow him,everything is fine,inshallah.
La illaha Illa Allah

Posts: 120 | From: egypt,cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Leila, I know how you feel. It took a whole year to get the courage to wear hijab.
I lost many friends then, but gained lot more. (and got to meet my bestfriend).

You *lost friends* because of it??????

That's horrible!

But I am very happy you found your best friend. :-)

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't lose friends (and even relatives, when you're a foreigner), that means you live with very tolerant people!! I know I will lose my whole family the day I wear it. Most of my foreign friends who are wearing it have broken up with their family for years. They all told me that with time, they will end accepting it, if I decided to wear it, I hope so.
Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
You *lost friends* because of it??????

That's horrible!

But I am very happy you found your best friend. :-)

Oh you wont belive snoozin...I lost all of my old friends..only one started excepting me as I am..the others just thought i was insane or was pressured to use it.
But you know because of this i got to meet one of the worlds best friends ever!!
whenever you loose something, you always gain something that is more precious. but sometimes you dont see it before later in your life.

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my God?? Look I’m talking about these kinds of girls who care a lot about their appearance and they found that wearing veil is a big problem…so I just gave them a piece of advice. I mentioned that’s it’s an order…that’s all wallhey I’m a girl
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rania, Asoom seems to have an I.Q. of a paprika. Of course many girls have the same wave length, But it's just mortifying how she dares to show off how stupid she is.
I sometimes think Asoom is a man trying to make our gender look & sound like a bunch of imbeciles!

hey better me, i figured out about the paprika before i even read a word, i mean isn't it enough to read the name?
elgawab bayen min 3enwanoo

and i do believe you're right about the gender..these are not the words of a female, no matter how imbecile.. it has to be one of those brainless aliens called males!

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The vail was the symbol of virginity in the past.
Nowadays, oftenly, it means be clean to ur love one: urs to her/him and all what u create together.
Anyway, there is no simple answer. If u succeed or not is a matter of many details and a will to continue.
I saw that it's not so clear answer. Just u must meet the right half and all is obvious.

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honest_person
Member # 9057

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for honest_person     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all. i swear really that i laughed alot when i read many of the opinions about the viel in this forum as i found that most of you become crazy people.
i do not what is the problem of the veil with you?
why the west always try to concentrate on the simple things. is the veil is a problem
i wish any muslim girl here who talk about the veil in a bad way to feel shame and shut up and i want her to see any British or american girl who converted to islam who obey Allah more than even the born muslim girls really i wish you feel shame when a british Girl convert to islam since only one day and wear the veil and a muslim girls who are muslims since very long years say joks about it and refuse it
please feel some shame and ask allah to forgive you
salaam alikom

Posts: 34 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by honest_person:
hi all. i swear really that i laughed alot when i read many of the opinions about the viel in this forum as i found that most of you become crazy people.

I always take care to distinguish between maniacs and crazy people. A maniac will beat nine people to death with a steel dildo. A crazy person will beat nine people to death with a steel dildo, but he'll be wearing a Bugs Bunny suit at the time.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian_gurl
Member # 9034

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian_gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
according to your question, from my own point of view not all girls wear hijab coz they are convinced. so not all of them understand it right. first of all i must admit saying that am not veiled yet but i accept the idea. the point is that when i decided to wear veil earlier, my parents advised me saying that you will not be allowed to wear hijab then to deicde to take it off if you feel not good about it. since you are veiled you should stick to it to the end. and they explained to me that the veil shows that you are a good Muslim girl. so wearing a veil i must be a good example of Muslim ladies. when you feel that you are a very good Muslim from inside you should wear hijab to complete the outside figure and to please God, and in this way it will be your own dcision and you will respect it and u'll never think of taking it off. and when u decide that you are ready from the inside to show ur Islam righly from the outside, that wouldn't be a big shift for you becoz u have to be respectful in your clothes as a muslim either you are veiled or not.
I was very much convinced with this and i liked the idea. so when u build yourself well from the spiritual aspects, u will need this physical aspect , and this is the idea about the veil. i hate seeing girls putting hair scarfs and wearing tight jeans which i don't wear while i am not veiled. some girls just wear veils so as not to be obliged to go to the hair dresser every week. and some wears it so as to be married. and many other bad examples from my own point of view. God looks t yu from the inside first. when he sees ur heart full of real faith, you yourself will take the right decision to be full of faith from the outside too. and nowadays the clothes of veiled girls ( 3abayat) became very nice with good colours not just dark colours. and believe me , being conservative from the beginning in my clothes spared me the effort of stopping putting much make up or wearing short jupes ...etc

Posts: 90 | From: Cairo,Egypt, | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

i wish any muslim girl here who talk about the veil in a bad way to feel shame and shut up

feel you some shame and shut you up..
you is unbelievlable hon..
go study some anatomy lest you fail this year too..

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
sorry man, that wasn't me talking..it was my alter ego..

[This message has been edited by misfit (edited 28 September 2005).]

kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girls in Islamic communities are brought up in a way that they would clearly know their place in the family and in society. They must be taught from the very young age that they are inferior; that they must obey their male guardians and that they must keep their beauties hidden behind the veil until a man buys the license to use them.
The veil is a way of life, a specific kind of behaviour, an expression of what society expects from a woman and her sexuality. In short veiling a woman determines her psychological, social and physical developments. It will determine the way she speaks, walks, looks, and even mixes with other people.
Physically the cover and the long Islamic dresses are hindering the girls from playing, jumping, running and most activities. A girl who is wearing long dresses will not be able to do what is essential for a growing child to do in order to build his/her body structure. This will result in premature weariness and aging. Life expectancy is very low among women in the Islam-Stricken countries.
The long dresses and scarves deprive the skin and hair from the sun and air and will cause skin problems and hair damage. Alopecia and skull itch is very common among women and girls who have to wear veil for long hours. Wearing scarf is particularly uncomfortable for young girls as the scarf pulls the hair with each movement of the head and irritates the child. In the hot summer days wearing a scarf means loads of sweating and uneasiness. Children will loose their interest in playing after a wile as it is not fun running around in heavy long clothing and sweating under a scarf. Grown women under the pressure of being caged inside a moving prison day after day, will grow depressed and unnerved. In addition to the above is the fact that the Islamic teaching discourages girls and women to laugh loudly and to dance in public and listen to music and to sing. A girls giggle or laugh may arouse a man and make him commit a sin. So a proper Muslim girl is taught to laugh covering her mouth and trying hard not to be heard. Laughing and playing and music and dancing are all the elements of a happy, cheerful life and without them or with such restrictions for having them, life would be a dull, depressing and gloomy thing. Depression is a deniable fact in the lives of many young girls, who live under such restrictions. In Iran the percentage of suicides among young girls is very high. Many teenage girls, who don’t see a way out of their prison, are burning themselves every year. Those who do not kill themselves and grow to a middle aged life will usually turn bitter and unhappy. Mourning ceremonies are full of women who are looking for a place to gather around and cry their problems out.

Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geocities.com/islamic_monitor/Veil.htm
Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honest_person
Member # 9057

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for honest_person     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to misfit. i will say to you thank you again and also let you know you will not be able to make me out of control and abot fail or not.inshaAllah i will succeed .after God will.

to Egyptian gurl.thank you for your reply in my post and thank you for encouraging me to keep up .about the book it is present in most liberaires i think.in liberary of El shrook.ÇáÔÑæÞ
i want to tell you egyptian gurl an important thing. i do not agree with you about that hyou should stay till you become good muslim from inside to wear hijab as you will never be complete muslim from inside and outside that will never happen for any of us even Sehabah were not complete.
so it is not ideal to delay wearing hijab
and honestly i want to tell you something in islam.when Allah sent Quran my sister he put the laws ,i want you ask yourself why he put the laws if we will all fear Allah so we will not do mistakes but Allah knew that we are weak so he put the laws.for example the person who rob his hand should be cut in islam.here for example my sister if there were to persons one is good and one is weak in soul and iman the good one will not rob as he is good muslim and the other one who have weak iman will not rob as he is afriad that his hand will be cut here you discover how islam is great and how Allah is wise.as by that law allh saved the 2 persons the weak person did not do the mistake and the other one is good so islam saved both.
here you found the aim of hijab also.hijab is not done only for girls but also to make boys not fall in the mistake and have sins when they see the girl in lusty view so here islam saved both the girl and boy.
so even if you are not complete muslim from inside as you say although as i said you will never be so even in that case if you wear hijab Allh will reward you from both sides at least you made other guys not see you in a bad way.and Allh will rward you in both cases
finally thank you all people even the people who are against me thank you.
also i am so happy of the thinking of eaasalam and i want to tell her welcome sister in Egypt.
also serindibity and leila .
salaam alikom

Posts: 34 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
quote:
i want you ask yourself why he put the laws if we will all fear Allah so we will not do mistakes but Allah knew that we are weak so he put the laws.for example the person who rob his hand should be cut in islam.

Chopping hands for minor offences..oh such a mercifull religion..! what a good example to follow! Jesus Christ, said to the woman caught in adultery, "...your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more.", Muhammad either maims or kills the offenders. Where is the compassion and mercy of Allah? When was the last time you came across the word,' love' in Quran? Love for all human beings? Love for mankind? All Islam does is control and have opinion on everything from the dowry to the periods of women, from the amputation of limbs of thief to the stoning of adulterers, from food to the creation of the World. No detail of daily life escapes its attention. It interferes in anything and everything. The Islamic law tries to legalise for every single aspect of an individual's life, the individual is not at liberty to think or decide for himself, he has but to accept Allah's ruling as interpreted infallibly by the doctors of law. It is truly a tragedy that millions of people down the centuries have had their lives and minds controlled by this deranged cult.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kafir4 ever:
Jesus Christ, said to the woman caught in adultery, "...your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more."

that is not true! jesus (pbuh) had saved a woman from stoning after she was deemed an adultress. thats because jesus (pbuh) was one of the kindest and most merciful men. BUT this was changed by st.paul, who turned the punishment into stoning. i wish you can look at your own holy book before attacking others!

According to the Biblical definition, if a married man sleeps with an unmarried woman, this is not considered a crime at all. The married man who has extramarital affairs with unmarried women is not an adulterer and the unmarried women involved with him are not adulteresses. The crime of adultery is committed only when a man, whether married or single, sleeps with a married woman. In this case the man is considered adulterer, even if he is not married, and the woman is considered adulteress. In short, adultery is any illicit sexual intercourse involving a married woman. The extramarital affair of a married man is not per se a crime in the Bible. Why is the dual moral standard? According to Encyclopaedia Judaica, the wife was considered to be the husband's possession and adultery constituted a violation of the husband's exclusive right to her; the wife as the husband's possession had no such right to him. 15 That is, if a man had sexual intercourse with a married woman, he would be violating the property of another man and, thus, he should be punished.

from an article:

To the present day in Israel, if a married man indulges in an extramarital affair with an unmarried woman, his children by that woman are considered legitimate. But, if a married woman has an affair with another man, whether married or not married, her children by that man are not only illegitimate but they are considered bastards and are forbidden to marry any other Jews except converts and other bastards. This ban is handed down to the children's descendants for 10 generations until the taint of adultery is presumably weakened.

here's the link: http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:n3q2M1LPdj8J:www.themodernreligion.com/women/w_comparison_full.htm+adulteress+in+christianity+punishment&hl=en

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dajjal had make muslim blind an deaf
as saytan promise

JESUS WARNED US ABAUT A FALSE PROFET

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hijab is not done only for girls but also to make boys not fall in the mistake and have sins when they see the girl in lusty view so here islam saved both the girl and boy.

You make it sound as if it's only the women's responsibility to prevent "making mistakes", e.g. keep up the society's morals. Don't forget that the first part of the aya which speaks about covering - or modest clothing - orders men to lower their gaze!

This part is often neglected .. Where are the "lower_your_gaze" campaigns and "lower_your_gaze" websites? Also I don't see Muslim men constantly reminding their fellow Muslims to lower their gaze and trying to make them feel bad if they don't, instead there's a lot of talk about how women should dress, how women should behave etc pp ...

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 29 September 2005).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:
[QUOTE]go study some anatomy lest you fail this year too..

Misfit, don't say.. Did you study Medicine?

You *are* ME!

honest_person
Member # 9057

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
[B] Misfit, don't say.. Did you study Medicine?

hi thank you ,but i still want to know why you attack me that much?
i study medicine either you accept or not
salaam
]

kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by kafir4 ever (edited 03 October 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com