EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » why do egyptian men find it so easy to lie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why do egyptian men find it so easy to lie?
sadik12
Member # 7618

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sadik12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I hate to generalize and I know what the pitfalls are...still, I wonder why it seems to be so easy for egyptian men to lie. They look you in the eye and tell you stories or, when on the phone, they don't seem to skip a beat while talking - no change in tone or any hesitancy. It seems so natural for them to lie. I find this to be very frustrating since I believe honesty, in all cases, is very important. A person, no matter how good he is in all other regards, loses credibility when he lies. I would love to get some input on this subject.
Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptianbeast
Member # 7516

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianbeast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do u expect from the sons of pharoahs?
Posts: 166 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
everyday_angel
Member # 8414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sadik12:
Although I hate to generalize and I know what the pitfalls are...still, I wonder why it seems to be so easy for egyptian men to lie. They look you in the eye and tell you stories or, when on the phone, they don't seem to skip a beat while talking - no change in tone or any hesitancy. It seems so natural for them to lie. I find this to be very frustrating since I believe honesty, in all cases, is very important. A person, no matter how good he is in all other regards, loses credibility when he lies. I would love to get some input on this subject.

So often we call a man a dog when we want to reproach him...

And yet a dog: Doesn't lie... Doesn't swear... Doesn't drink... Doesn't cheat... Doesn't swindle... Doesn't smoke... Doesn't flirt... Doesn't pretend... Doesn't borrow...

And wouldn't even resent it if you called him a man!

Posts: 275 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sadik12:

I don't know a lot of Egyptian men, but I find it hard to believe it's a national trait! I think constant lying is more an indication of class (lacking any) than nationality. There are loads of American guys who lie all the time.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's just a male trait???
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
everyday_angel
Member # 8414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I don't know a lot of Egyptian men, but I find it hard to believe it's a national trait! I think constant lying is more an indication of class (lacking any) than nationality. There are loads of American guys who lie all the time.

for sure and they're REALLY REALLY good at it !
then again there are also the sweetest most humble adoreable honest american men you could meet. I'm sure the same goes for Egyptian men (or any other men for that matter). It's just like the news, you never hear about the good things, just the bad...

Posts: 275 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bitterwithbaggage
Member # 8645

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitterwithbaggage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:

It's true - it is a not a national trait. A friend of mine met two Americans the other week who kept up a long pretence that they were in a fairly successful US band - in fact they were very good at it. When she checked up on the band's website it was all lies and they had told loads. Men of all nationalities and ages lie and mainly it is to impress women. What I find is after a while they just can't keep it up and then the truth comes out. No money, no job prospects, no celebrity mates, no degree, not that young after all and no past love life to speak of. What's sad is most of these men (Egytian, American, English, whatever) are actually quite nice and decent underneath all the BS!

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian people are in general very friendly and especially the guys are charming with the women.

Foreigners are not used to that way of talking and are flattered by their words and gestures.

I don't think that Egyptians men lie more than others, it really depends on the individual and if they do then its because of a purpose.

But seriously I met guys two or three times and they would already tell me that they love me. Next question was for marriage.

Red flags up, just be aware.....

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 24 August 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the question should be re-phrased into: Why women believe without even getting a hiccup in the clearly untrue, pathetic or clearly hilarious words of love and undying admiration that defy all laws of physics. (MIRROR MIRROR, do you read me?) Where there is no market, there will be no merchants.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i've been lied to by a turkish man. do you think that all turks are liar? ofcourse not
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sadik12
Member # 7618

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sadik12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe the reason why the lying seems so easy and natural is because egyptian men are so good with the charming words in the first place. Could that be it? After awhile, it becomes difficult to separate fact from fiction even for them. I know my fair share of American men, and plenty do lie, but you can almost always tell (if you're paying attention)...just check out the body language and the fact that they refuse to look you in the eye.
As far as women believing their nonsense, that's an entirely different matter altogether.

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But are Egyptian men so good with the charming words????????? I just don't get it, I hear all this rubbish all the time and it is just so false, so sickly, so stupid, why would anybody see it as charming and why would anybody fall for it. If any western man came out with such rubbish they would be laughed at and ridiculed. The majority of women I see don't fall for it they just see it for what it is a bit of fun, a joke.

Any man that tells me I am beautiful, I just laugh and tell him he is so handsom. It is not lies, so much of it is the Egyptian way of joking and lightening life a little bit.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
men lie and how to be charming just to get something, sex or money... it isn't a trait ... women are gullible... ohhh he looked at me, he thinks I am pretty, blah blah, here's my bank account and body
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Maybe it's just a male trait???

Bingo! Samia wins a prize....

A striped down, greased up, and mute male subject of her choice!

Already tied up, is she going to go down on him or give him a scrotum stomp?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been lied to by an Italian, Scottish, Emirati,Egyptian, Swiss..
Oh dear, do u have time guys?

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BECOURSE WEMEN ARE MORE NAIVE THAN MEN' THEY ONLY HEAR WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR
WORDSSUCKERS

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok there are 4 types of orgasm-

negative, positive, religious, and fake

negative is ' Oh, no, no'

positive is 'Oh yes, yes'

religious is 'Oh, God, Allah'

fake is 'Oh, Morgan, oh morgan

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com